American Militias : the footsoldiers of the Trump New Order

The OD

They need to deputize the Young Guns again

But they were shottttttt dooooooooooooooooownnnn.....in a blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze of gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Were they not?

Seeing as they have a clown in the White House, I nominate these lads:

Supra

But they were shottttttt dooooooooooooooooownnnn.....in a blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze of gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Were they not?

Seeing as they have a clown in the White House, I nominate these lads:

Don't know but I think there was a sequel so i'd say they made it. Also, Bon Jovi isn't a reliable source.

SeanMac

I dont see what all the hand wringing about these "militias" is about.The right to bear arms is enshrined in the constitution,that applies to everyone regardless of race,gender,religion or political beliefs.At the moment the media is flagellating white people over the death of a number of black people at the hands of the police and in one instance at the hands of what i will call a vigilante father and son. If a white person dies as a result of the actions of a non white police officer or citizen,is that automatically racist?.The answer of course is no,so double standards are applied in the media.If a black person is going to die violently in America,i would venture to say it will most probably be at the hand of another black male.People are entitled to protest but there is no excuse for violent actions,looting etc.There is footage on youtube of a white store owner being battered by a black mob,needless to say it receives no coverege in the msn.Presumably if it was shown it would be demonising black people.

firefly123

I dont see what all the hand wringing about these "militias" is about.The right to bear arms is enshrined in the constitution,that applies to everyone regardless of race,gender,religion or political beliefs.At the moment the media is flagellating white people over the death of a number of black people at the hands of the police and in one instance at the hands of what i will call a vigilante father and son. If a white person dies as a result of the actions of a non white police officer or citizen,is that automatically racist?.The answer of course is no,so double standards are applied in the media.If a black person is going to die violently in America,i would venture to say it will most probably be at the hand of another black male.People are entitled to protest but there is no excuse for violent actions,looting etc.There is footage on youtube of a white store owner being battered by a black mob,needless to say it receives no coverege in the msn.Presumably if it was shown it would be demonising black people.
It would be interesting if a significant number of black men and women donned combat gear and open carried their long rifles at a protest (in states where this is authorised).
I can imagine the outcome.

GrimReefer

I dont see what all the hand wringing about these "militias" is about.
They are not "militias", they are ACTUAL militias.

here is a list

The right to bear arms is enshrined in the constitution,that applies to everyone regardless of race,gender,religion or political beliefs.
Sure.

At the moment the media is flagellating white people over the death of a number of black people at the hands of the police and in one instance at the hands of what i will call a vigilante father and son.
They are going after violent psychopaths in positions of power an authority actually. And they are gong after their leaders and enablers. I am a white man, no one is flagellating me. The point is, the victims here are black Americans. Speak to one, see what they tell you about being black.

If a white person dies as a result of the actions of a non white police officer or citizen,is that automatically racist?
This is called a strawman, you are now not at all discussing the situation at hand which is the normalisation of race- and faith-based militarisation in the USA (where the race is white, and the faith evangelical christian) as a political tool by obviously corrupt people.

Anyhow, I dare say the reason peaceful white people being pulled over on pretexts and slowly choked to death by black police officers doesn't hit the headlines is because it doesn't happen.

.The answer of course is no,so double standards are applied in the media.
Answer to what? What you are talking a bout is not a thing. Black people being targeted and killed is a thing.

If a black person is going to die violently in America,i would venture to say it will most probably be at the hand of another black male.
Back to the topic, the white christian militias, the context today being the black people who are being targeted and killed by law enforcement officers as a regular, open occurrence.

People are entitled to protest but there is no excuse for violent actions,looting etc.There is footage on youtube of a white store owner being battered by a black mob,needless to say it receives no coverege in the msn.Presumably if it was shown it would be demonising black people.
I guess if we get into "there is footage of" stories, we are going to see a lot of stuff wrong with society in the USA. And none of it detracting from the clear reality that black people in the USA live in fear of their lives from white law enforcement officers in a way white people simply don't.

Ardillaun

I can’t believe that such people, armed with assault rifles, were allowed into the Michigan state legislature. There’s something not right with America.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is in case of deer-attack.

irishmaninsalem

It would be interesting if a significant number of black men and women donned combat gear and open carried their long rifles at a protest (in states where this is authorised).
I can imagine the outcome.
You can’t imagine the outcome.

About 2 weeks ago, there was some black militia marching about somewhere down south. Nothing happened.
A couple of days ago it was different.

Three members of black militia injured at Louisville protest

Best part, the militia was there to defend black lives, except for the 3 black people they accidental shot.

And why were the bLM mob hanging out with the militia, I thought bLM was peaceful.

irishmaninsalem

I can’t believe that such people, armed with assault rifles, were allowed into the Michigan state legislature. There’s something not right with America.
I assume your are complaining about the White guys with guns, and not when there was black men with guns outside the State house.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
They sound more like White Afrikaners in apartheid South Africa all the time.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
At the moment it isn't the Militias standing around posing in their sunday best rambo outfits, but a unit of unmarked Federal agents bussed in who seem to be operating illegal snatch squads.

I think I can see how Trump is even losing what would have been marginal states for him last time out. There was a list of states published by the White House the other day which are supposedly on the attention list from this paramilitary unit and it seemed to consist of about half the US states.

Mind you if apartheid era South Africa had had a Trump in charge it is entirely likely the apartheid system would have fallen apart twenty years earlier. I still expect Trump to lose it during some press conference and start screaming at the press about communism and preserving our natural bodily fluids. I think the odds are getting lower all the time that we'll at some point see a tantrum live on TV.

I just hope it is the last day of the count so that utter lunatic Pence gets nowhere near Executive power.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Never seen a VP basically hang around so much in the background of a President's pressers and generally any of the Chemical Ali style announcements Trump likes to make every now and then to show how Great the Donster really is.

Pence is like one of those weird Children of the Corn. No way should he be anywhere near where he is.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
White men with guns inside the state courthouse. Black men with guns outside the state courthouse. That's a great accidental description of US social history.

Ardillaun

I assume your are complaining about the White guys with guns, and not when there was black men with guns outside the State house.
I would ban all of them from assembling en masse like this. There were two rival groups in Louisville on the weekend (I only saw the black guys this time). At some point there‘s going to be serious trouble.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is going to take something horrible like two armed groups of civilians opening fire on each other with uninvolved people about and it would be a spark in a tinderbox given the immediate spin which would emanate from such an incident and sowing further division between extremes and a frightened middle in other locations.

In the West when fairly primitive shanty towns were rapidly turning into towns there was a point where many towns would not permit open carrying of weapons within town limits and guns would be handed in and reclaimed on the way out of town. There were good reasons for that, in terms of law and order and giving the sheriff and deputies some chance at public control.

The American system seems to have it now as a legislative freedom that untrained civilians can carry what look to me very like semi-automatic weapons around through city streets. It only takes one d1ckhead playing with a safety catch to let a round go by accident and all hell could break loose. I think it is a serious public order and public safety issue.

At the moment the whole thing is a ticking timebomb. Trump is fanning the flames in the hope of making a nice crisis he can solve by being visibly authoritarian, by sending in Federal units to basically rabble-rouse, putting the state's backs and the backs of their National Guard units up straight away.

It might only take one Federal agent being shot and that could give Trump what he sees as an opportunity to discipline a blue state and then you have a constitutional crisis moment looming which would absolutely politically divide what's left of the US.

Trump is not someone capable of dealing with the fire he's fanning. I don't think he even understands the implications of what he is doing beyond today's headlines.

Aeschylus

Trump is an absolute balloon.

However, the left narrative that everything will be resolved as soon as Trump leaves the Whitehouse is ridiculous.

Most of the Police shootings etc occurs in Democratic states.

What are they doing about it giving they have jurisdiction?

silverharp

I love these fan fiction threads

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
If by militia you mean armed or organized groups outside of the law then I don't see why trump would need them when he has many legal and official law enforcement bodies at his disposal such as the U.S.Immigration and Customs Enforcement or the US military.
ICE agents are among those spotted in the streets in Portland. You were'nt far off the mark.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Betac, or some unit of Homeland Security entitled similarly. They seem to be very short on identifying markings as Federal Agents from the images I've seen.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom