• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

An unwanted addition to the politics of protest.

slippy wicket

Two arrests after New Ross arson attacks - RTÉ News

This on the face of it appears to be a deliberate targeting of FG in New Ross by criminal scum.
I would not be at all surprised if this turns out to be someone linked or aligned to the 'so-called' anti property tax campaign. And just to clarify, I mean the rentamob minority who have been dragged out of council offices up and down the country.
I've rarely seen such a collection of filth and ne'er do wells in one place before as I have seen coming away from their protests. Same clarification applies.

If I am wrong about this, I will edit this OP appropriately.

Edit: as and of 2000hrs Sunday 12th May nobody has been charged for this offence and the motives and allegences(if any) of those responsible remain unclear. Suspicions remain though, due to threatening correspondence received by Paul kehoes office.
We await with interest where the investigation will lead.

Last edited:

harshreality

This on the face of it appears to be a deliberate targeting of FG in New Ross by criminal scum.
I would not be at all surprised if this turns out to be someone linked or aligned to the 'so-called' anti property tax vermin.
I've rarely seen such a collection of filth and ne'er do wells in one place before.
Disgraceful actions! Is the purpose of this thread to highlight the damage that has occurred or is it for you to have a dig at the property tax protesters?

slippy wicket

Disgraceful actions! Is the purpose of this thread to highlight the damage that has occurred or is it for you to have a dig at the property tax protesters?
If I'm honest, 90% highlighting the thuggery of the arson, 10% giving a wee bit of a dig.

I wouldnt wish this sort of criminal activity on any person active in politics, even those I vehemently disagree with.

The Salmon of Knowledge

I would not be at all surprised if this turns out to be someone linked or aligned to the 'so-called' anti property tax vermin.
I've rarely seen such a collection of filth and ne'er do wells in one place before.
Your attempts at felon setting anti austerity protesters is a disgrace. Anyone who can label a genuine community campaign as 'filth' is more deserving of that title themselves.

james toney

"Gardaí said the investigation is ongoing and “at this moment in time” there is no evidence to suggest the attacks were politically motivated."

Chief Whip

Are we reporting all crime with its own thread now? OP Should be in the zoo.

Porkypie

Look no further than the constituency office of the FG TD at 66, Beech Park, Lucan, Co Dublin.

PeeMac

"three incidents in New Ross, Co Wexford, in which a number of business premises were burgled and set on fire."

Surely until we find out what premises were targeted, it's a little soon to pin it on any particular group.

Analyzer

FG better put this down. Olli Rehn will not be impressed.

Were FG not supposed to be successful in enforcing the Anglo Bondholder tax (residential property category), and encountering no opposition ?

Honecker

Probably a blueshirt insurance scam.

Analyzer

This is disgusting.

They should have brought their protest to the neighbouring constituency, and annoyed Big Fill.

Lúidín

Criminal scum? Filth? Ne'er do wells?
Sounds like an internal FG row?

harshreality

If I'm honest, 90% highlighting the thuggery of the arson, 10% giving a wee bit of a dig.

I wouldnt wish this sort of criminal activity on any person active in politics, even those I vehemently disagree with.
Ah right, just curious because, from the article, I saw no link with any group or campaign but must of your op is devoted to the anit property tax campaign.

Just sayin:)

friendlyfire

We will just have to wait and see,I remember during the last election junior minister Connicks office got vandalised(it is the same office that Kehoe has now) and all sorts of names were branded around and blamed.... all false.So before we have all the facts can we stop making mad accusations.

Last edited:

Reck-less

"Gardaí said the investigation is ongoing and “at this moment in time” there is no evidence to suggest the attacks were politically motivated."

Chief Whip

Are we reporting all crime with its own thread now? OP Should be in the zoo.
That's a little different to what RTE News are reporting:

Gardaí say they are investigating if the incidents were politically motivated.
Two held after arson attacks in Co Wexford - RTÉ News - Updated: 11:36, Friday, 10 May 2013

Bill

whoever they were they seem to be very reckless, according to the indo there were people living in an apartment above the office

freewillie

At least Kehoe dosent have to pay property tax on his constituency office

Socratus O' Pericles

Only alleged crimes by alleged left wing folks get their own thread on p.ie.

You know the old rhyme:

The law doth punish man or woman
That steals the goose from off the common,
But lets the greater felon loose
That steals the common from the goose

emulator

whoever they were they seem to be very reckless, according to the indo there were people living in an apartment above the office
Personally, I would think twice before renting an apartment above a constituency office going forward. Or any businesses belonging to Government TDs for that matter.

Socratus O' Pericles

the OP ought to change his first name to slippery it'd be more accurate.

Last edited:

Mushroom