And now, for something completely different... the changing face of the PSNI

hollandia

I think we are all in agreement that policing in NI is vastly different from the old days. Whilst there are still problems in certain areas, the improvement has been noticeable. One thing which has certainly changed is PR. We're all used to the the tweets, which are mildly amusing at times, but this PR effort from the PSNI backfired in a way which could never have been foreseen...

Advice on Facebook about festival safety backfires after users call officer 'hot' - BBC Newsbeat

"I feel I speak for a large percentage of the female population in NI when I say, if more police officers looked like that - I'd find a new rule to break every weekend... And three on a bank holiday," says one woman.
On a more serious note, is police PR now more focused on presentation, than substance?

vinoboy

Touch of the Beckham about him with his slicked back hair and beard , posing bast@rd,I hate him.:eek:

DT123

I think we are all in agreement that policing in NI is vastly different from the old days. Whilst there are still problems in certain areas, the improvement has been noticeable. One thing which has certainly changed is PR. We're all used to the the tweets, which are mildly amusing at times, but this PR effort from the PSNI backfired in a way which could never have been foreseen...

Advice on Facebook about festival safety backfires after users call officer 'hot' - BBC Newsbeat

On a more serious note, is police PR now more focused on presentation, than substance?
What substance would you like to see on a Facebook page?

hollandia

painting a few jeeps white changed fxxk all..more sf crap.
The relevance of this is? Other than talking cráp? Are you suggesting the PSNI do not enjoy higher levels of community support than the RUC did during the troubles? Can you do anything at all other than troll? (this last one is rhetorical, I wouldn't bother answering)

statsman

'Bobby Singleton'; I mean, really. Nominative determinism at its very finest.

Irish-Rationalist

The PSNI are a reformed and contemporary continuation of the 6 county colony's former regional gang of sectarian bull-boy thugs, the RUC. The difference being that the PSNI has managed to dupe more RCs into joining.

As regards PC Bobby Singleton, he obviously has the capacity to make women wet and entice out the repressed homosexual in some men.

Gurdiev77

referencing another current thread---- would Bobby be whats called a
' serving member 'of the force ?

former wesleyan

" organised crime " :D

between the bridges

Anywan else get the impression holls has a bit of a crush on thon bobby...

InsideImDancing

Feels like they are starting to lose support to me. Their interest is the Dissos.

mac tíre

Well, no doubt his appeal will eventually boil down to: "Is he a good looking Them'un or a good looking Us'un?"

"An Us'un? He's a fine looking specimen and a great poster boy."

"A Them'un? Look at the state of yon tramp."

:D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies