• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

And pull up those trousers..

Marcos the black

They won't control guns, but they want to stop baggy trousers.
A town in the US want to ban the below:

Newstalk - American town moves to ban baggy trousers

"The Louisiana town wants to prohibit people from wearing trousers below the waist and exposing their underwear

First time offenders will get a $50 fine, increasing to $100 for second offenses and 16 hours of public service for each subsequent offence."

While personally I'm not a fan of that particular look, I don't think you can legally make people dress a certain way..
I've heard of "The fashion police".. but this is ridiculous..

Auld Cynic

They won't control guns, but they want to stop baggy trousers.
A town in the US want to ban the below:

Newstalk - American town moves to ban baggy trousers

Good idea! They are a fashion disaster.

"The Louisiana town wants to prohibit people from wearing trousers below the waist and exposing their underwear

First time offenders will get a $50 fine, increasing to $100 for second offenses and 16 hours of public service for each subsequent offence."

While personally I'm not a fan of that particular look, I don't think you can legally make people dress a certain way..
I've heard of "The fashion police".. but this is ridiculous..

ShoutingIsLeadership

AIB, lube at the ready, has been trying to yank mine down for quite some time!

EoinMag

And backward baseball caps should be banned too.

And those white runners I don't like.

And anything by Versace.

FrankSpeaks

I think the fine should also be increased if there is any sign of skid marks!

Deep Blue

Proper order.

Our government should immediately pass legislation banning the wearing of knee-length beige cargo pants (with pockets like rucksacks and dangling knee-strings) on all Irish men over the age of 20.

Zero tolerance for bare chests anywhere but on the beach.

For gender equality the same restrictions should apply to women sporting foot tattoos with white leggings, cankles and corn-beef legs.:mad:

Happytolearn

Guys walking around with their hands on their privates - usually down cheap track suit bottoms - That makes me want to throw food at them

FrankSpeaks

That's a myth made up to mock the people who wear their trousers like that.

snopes.com: Sagging Pants
It is plausible enough for me to accept it as fact I would immediately pass it on to any male relatives of mine if they were to adopt this moronic dress style!:D

Last edited:

FrankSpeaks

Are you volunteering as inspector:?
There is always someone to come up with a stumbling block to a good proposal! I thought about the proposal for 1 micro second and I arrived at the NO answer and will not give it any future consideration.:D

kvran

It is plausible enough for me to accept it as fact I would immediately pass it on to any male relatives of mine if they were to adopt this moronic dress style!
Whats much more logical is that belts were banned in American prisons because the could be used as weapons this coupled with the style of oversized clothing, sagging pants became a symbol of being a gangster.

The proposal is silly, are they going to ban every trend that comes a long and what's the social harm? Government intervention in freedom of expression is a harm . . .

EoinMag

Whats much more logical is that belts were banned in American prisons because the could be used as weapons this coupled with the style of oversized clothing, sagging pants became a symbol of being a gangster.

The proposal is silly, are they going to ban every trend that comes a long and what's the social harm? Government intervention in freedom of expression is a harm . . .

Crimes against fashion are very serious indeed!!!

Gok Wan would not be happy.