• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

stanley

Last edited:
Last edited:
The thundering sense of entitlement would make you just heave.

Constantly refers to the private side of Rehab which is a load os BS as approx 90% of funding came from Govt and they divvied up private donations amongst themselves to top up their incomes which they/she thinks they are entitled to be benchmarked against the best of private industry.

AK would simply not last in the real corporate world of dog eat dog, she trained as a midwife and it is only her membership of FF got her into Rehab as Flannery is the real brains and wanted to ensure cashflow no matter who was in power.

Flannery has very neatly sidestepped public attention and dumped AK, front and centre, her ego craves attention but she cannot control it, hence the shlte has hit the fan.

omgsquared

The charity I was a director of had to submit monthly statements to the relevant government department to account for the grant we received. In addition there were annual meetings with senior civil servants around our governance, finances and what the state was getting in return for the money it gave us.
Paper never refuses ink. I have witnessed such abuse, For NGOs overseas who ae often funded by several govts, agencies the double billing of all expenses and the no cost extension cliams are a real and very well used RIP Off.

Estragon

Constantly refers to the private side of Rehab which is a load os BS as approx 90% of funding came from Govt and they divvied up private donations amongst themselves to top up their incomes which they/she thinks they are entitled to be benchmarked against the best of private industry.

AK would simply not last in the real corporate world of dog eat dog, she trained as a midwife and it is only her membership of FF got her into Rehab as Flannery is the real brains and wanted to ensure cashflow no matter who was in power.

Flannery has very neatly sidestepped public attention and dumped AK, front and centre, her ego craves attention but she cannot control it, hence the shlte has hit the fan.
True, Flannery just slipped away in the weeds on this one. Seems to be absolutely no stomach in the media to hold him to account, for whatever reason.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I'm sure he's provided an adequate explanation for the offshore funds he used to buy the nice house in Primrose Hill to the Revenue Commissioners. Just to clear up any misunderstandings about whether the money was declared as an asset or whether tax was paid on it as income in the first place.

yosef shompeter

Does anyone give to charities any more after all this? Apart from throwing a poor person a euro on the street.

stanley

Does anyone give to charities any more after all this? Apart from throwing a poor person a euro on the street.
Would reckon a lot of people have signed up on standing orders and direct debits and probably do not even notice they are funding the entitled.

Never forget AK try to run away with the Lotto and when pulled to a shuddering halt, demanded compo.

Can you imagine the bonus/salary rise that would have come about had AK/FF succeeded, AK would have been in the South of France sipping champagne on a yacht with the likes of Paul Coulson, hang on, she does that anyway, not bad for a midwife.

Sweet Darling

Would reckon a lot of people have signed up on standing orders and direct debits and probably do not even notice they are funding the entitled.

Never forget AK try to run away with the Lotto and when pulled to a shuddering halt, demanded compo.

Can you imagine the bonus/salary rise that would have come about had AK/FF succeeded, AK would have been in the South of France sipping champagne on a yacht with the likes of Paul Coulson, hang on, she does that anyway, not bad for a midwife.
Has that plonker Mary Lou ever apologized for getting Angie of the hook.

stanley

The bottom line is that no one should contribute to any charity unless they are satisfied that their money is spent for the stated purpose of the charity and that running costs are very carefully monitored
The problem in Ireland is no proper regulation exists and calculating people view Charities as a license to extract funds from Govt and also enrich themselves, the problem keeps on repeating itself.

Rehab should be 100% under Govt control.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The whole methodology of charities with people with Oireachtas parking privileges and a pass on their boards out-lobbying each other for a bigger share of funds distributed via government ministries and the HSE needs to be looked at.

We have an extraordinary level of overlap in charities in Ireland. I believe there are somewhere between 8,000 and 11,000 charities with tax exempt status, many of them which could provide a better service if they were merged.

Kerins at all times when questions of governance came up hid behind the 'we are a private organisation' caper when 90% of the charity's income was from taxpayers' money.

I've seen Rehab, Coillte and other organisations operate a triple identity in order to fundraise, keep the old accounts private and lobby for more money. They are a charity when speaking to the public, a lobbyist when speaking to government, and a 'private company' when anyone dares question the books.

That caper definitely has to be stopped. It has been going on for decades, such organisations taking advantage of an anomalous description as an organisation and plonking themselves into whichever of the three buckets seems most advantageous at any moment.

stanley

The whole methodology of charities with people with Oireachtas parking privileges and a pass on their boards out-lobbying each other for a bigger share of funds distributed via government ministries and the HSE needs to be looked at.

We have an extraordinary level of overlap in charities in Ireland. I believe there are somewhere between 8,000 and 11,000 charities with tax exempt status, many of them which could provide a better service if they were merged.

Kerins at all times when questions of governance came up hid behind the 'we are a private organisation' caper when 90% of the charity's income was from taxpayers' money.

I've seen Rehab, Coillte and other organisations operate a triple identity in order to fundraise, keep the old accounts private and lobby for more money. They are a charity when speaking to the public, a lobbyist when speaking to government, and a 'private company' when anyone dares question the books.

That caper definitely has to be stopped. It has been going on for decades, such organisations taking advantage of an anomalous description as an organisation and plonking themselves into whichever of the three buckets seems most advantageous at any moment.

But our politicians flock to Charities like flies to shlte, they know how to get at Govt funds, CRC, Rehab, Console.....

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
But our politicians flock to Charities like flies to shlte, they know how to get at Govt funds, CRC, Rehab, Console.....
That is a reflection of a system which has an unhealthy dose of political patronage in it rather than a serious attempt to address social and medical issues, homelessness and so on.

It is a poorly regulated sector which is in serious need of a governance overhaul. I wouldn't envision a lot of extra red tape for small charities that don't have the turnover to attract a self-enrichment merchant or a family of them but anything significant in terms of producing an income stream does need to be properly regulated and if anyone in the sector is annoyed by that then they should write to Angela Kerins, Flannery and Kiely...

Barroso

The bottom line is that no one should contribute to any charity unless they are satisfied that their money is spent for the stated purpose of the charity and that running costs are very carefully monitored
I'd like to donate to one of the larger charities, could you recommend a few that meet those criteria?

stanley

Charity salaries.jpg
Charity salaries 2.jpg

After watching yet another advert for a charity asking for money for research in to Cancer, i decided to google the subject of charity C E O’s salaries, this is what I came up with straight away, I just wondered if anyone could explain to me why directors of any charities see fit to oay themselves well over £2000 per week from funds that are given in good faith towards the actual cause, by people who are often unwell or dyeing themselves, this money is never intended to give FatCats a cushy life.
Always google the directors salary before you give anything to charity.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom