Angela Merkel takes on populists as she seeks fourth term in 2017 election 

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Populists you say?Merkel tried to be a populist lovey dovey after battering Greece, and with her open door policies look what happened ,she is despised by a good majority of Germans and Half of Europe.
Hard as it is to believe this isn't true, it isn't true.

flavirostris

Even if I agreed with her policies and liked her, four terms is bordering on dictatorial and un-democratic.

As it happens, I absolutely despise her and want to see her thrown out of office as soon as possible.

She's like some touchy-feely, social justice warrior Bismarck. The iron douche bag.

Throw her out to fnck and put somebody with an ounce of common sense in charge of Germany.

flavirostris

I'd like to believe that the German people wouldn't vote her in again, sadly I predict they will re-elect her, as insane as that prospect seems it really wouldn't surprise me if they do.
She'll kind of be winning by default because there's no other serious contender for chancellor. AfD cannot win the chancellorship because they only have 15% of the vote and they are the only real opposition to Merkel in Germany.

The SPD are not really providing opposition to Merkel because they agree with her leftwing, social justice warrior policies and they have an arrangement with CDU/CSU to prop Merkel up. A kind of grand alliance which is basically an anti-democratic cartel.

Clanrickard

Look at the Turkish logo for Accession. Some class A trolling going on there.

Turkey won't get in. It will anothwr 30 plus years before there will be even a vote on it.

LeopoldLanthanum

The "swabian housewife" stuff was populism , given a guesstimate of 40-50% of population on the autism spectrum in austria/germany.
They can't let them have the most intense mental breakdown ever by following the australian routine out of the blue , hence The Merk's put forth. Another populism.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Turkey won't get in. It will anothwr 30 plus years before there will be even a vote on it.
That's what everyone says. So why are they still a candidate? They are, in fact, the only active candidate for EU membership. Merkel BTW is against membership for Turkey.

Clanrickard

That's what everyone says. So why are they still a candidate? They are, in fact, the only active candidate for EU membership. Merkel BTW is against membership for Turkey.
They are talking......and talking.......and talking as they have been doing for the last 40 years.

Erudite Caveman

Popular opinion, we do live in democracies here in the EU, like it or not we have to follow the will of the people. Merkel completely ignored all of that when she inserted herself into the role of dictating to the rest of the EU.
That's what leadership looks like.

GDPR

Merkel takes on the Populists with a platform of mass immigration, EU membership for her boyfriend Erdogan and his 80 million Jihadists, and continued money printing to prop up the collapsing edifice of European statehood. What could possibly go wrong!

Truth.ie

Didn't Holland vote recently to block Turkish entry to the EU?
Why is this still being discussed.?
Oh, I forgot, it's one of those pointless EU referendums that Brussels just ignores.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

johnny365

Is Merkel not the populist was she not doing what the people were crying out for? (According to RTE anyway).

Sister Mercedes

Previously Merkel has told acolytes that she would not stay longer than 10 years, as she saw how corrupt the Kohl government got after 16 years. But now she realizes that she's already much more corrupt than he ever was, so what the heck ...

Socratus O' Pericles

What are the polls saying? :D

I'd give Katja Kipping a No. 1.

Glenshane4

Its out now, Merkel seeks a fourth term in the 2017 Bundestags elections. Her aim to take on the populists is honourable but I am not sure if she is the right person for the Job, as she polarizes german society over the way she handled the refugee crisis.
What are "populists?" Are they democrats of whom the Irish Times disapproves?

Felixness

What are "populists?" Are they democrats of whom the Irish Times disapproves?
Populists are anyone that doesn't support government policy and libtard principals. Populists are people who are proud of their country and their national heritage. Populists are the people who question authority, ya know? The people who can see that the Emperor is naked and ask why he isn't wearing any clothes. petunia

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Strange class of people the populists. Reviled by the political classes until shortly before election time when the political classes suddenly change their mind and wonder how they can connect with them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies