Anglo to be gone in weeks - Prof Honohan

droghedasouth

In a remarkable near car crash interview with the incomparable Sean O'Rourke on RTE1, the head of the Central bank says that Anglo will be extinguished in a few weeks.
He made clear that its name plate will be removed.
Presumably it will take years to liquidate it, Aynsley and Dukes better start sending out CVs.

He3

'Manageable', he says he used that word because he did not want to say 'not unmanageable'.

It is 'not as good as it was in March' he says.

robut

SO - How much Cash over last few years did we, the tax payer. plough into this bank?

How much have we lost forever?

Robut

B

birthday

More shredding of files and forgetting of encrypted codes, I suppose.
Also, Dukes has been rather silent of late.
Will he go back on the cigarettes now?

He3

SOR: What have you to say to depositors?

PH: Depositors, they have nothing,.... there is nothing bad in the package for depositors, the ECB is underpinning the stability of the banking system in Ireland, that is unquestioned.

bokonon

SOR: What have you to say to depositors?

PH: Depositors, they have nothing,.... there is nothing bad in the package for depositors, the ECB is underpinning the stability of the banking system in Ireland, that is unquestioned.
He's going to need to clarify that statement by the end of the day.

goosebump

SO - How much Cash over last few years did we, the tax payer. plough into this bank?

How much have we lost forever?

Robut
A little less than it filtered into the economy.

johnfás

He also said that the Irish collatoral put up (that securitised debt) in exchange for ECB cash was just a technical matter. That may be true... but what he didn't tell you was that when this money dried up from the ECB because the collatoral literally became so poor, that the Irish Central Bank stepped in. The worst securitised debt (some 40 billion of it) has been sold to the Irish Central Bank - which is now effectively bankrupt. Wait until this unravels.

The crimes commited here will never be discovered. They got away with it.

Berty

The crimes commited here will never be discovered. They got away with it.
Let's hope not. I wonder did the Guards manage to find out those passwords yet. :rolleyes:

HarshBuzz

Athnuachan

We should leave the carcass of the unfinished Anglo HQ standing forever as a reminder of what happens when financial institutions + politicians cause an almighty mess. It should be the only thing that remains of this rotten bank.

Doodah

In a remarkable near car crash interview with the incomparable Sean O'Rourke on RTE1, the head of the Central bank says that Anglo will be extinguished in a few weeks.
Oh that's nice.
It's nice as well that the Franco/German/UK bondholders are protected. And after yesterday, the Irish taxpayer is holding all the I.O.U's. along with another monster debt with 5.83% interest. A case-study in international asset-stripping and subjugation procedures.
And for comedic effect it's called a "Bail-out".:D
For further comedic effect, the Irish "invited" the subjugation and designed the plan.
I think the phrase "hiding the dagger" might well be applied to these events in relation to the brilliant German strategy. (Or should that be the Franco-German strategy as IMF head Strauss-Kahn is a possible future French President).
Chopra is a stooge as no self-respecting assassin would be so unprofessional as to appear publicly in the media attempting to justify the events.

HarshBuzz

did Sean ask about the 172bn Anglo derivatives book?

carruthers

More shredding of files and forgetting of encrypted codes, I suppose.
Also, Dukes has been rather silent of late.
Will he go back on the cigarettes now?
I cannot understand the reluctance to go after these people, unless it is to protect certain people in government. If codes are encrypted then get a court order to get the codes. If they are not handed over then a spell in Mountjoy and a large fine. As for Seanie Fitz his passport should be taken until such time as this mess is sorted otherwise what is to stop him going off to join his buddies Drumm and Dunne stateside. Everything that has happened since 2008 seems to have been done to protect these people. I pray the incoming Govt use every resource of the State to unravel all of this and mete out Justice. If not FF will hibernate then rise to do it all again.

powderfinger

He also said that the Irish collatoral put up (that securitised debt) in exchange for ECB cash was just a technical matter. That may be true... but what he didn't tell you was that when this money dried up from the ECB because the collatoral literally became so poor, that the Irish Central Bank stepped in. The worst securitised debt (some 40 billion of it) has been sold to the Irish Central Bank - which is now effectively bankrupt. Wait until this unravels.
€20bn in the last two months with collateral that was most likely deemed not acceptable by the ECB.
Where does the NPRF deposit it's cash balances?

spidermom

Lovely way for its employees to hear their fate!!..I presume they knew their days were numbered..but to be given your notice on the 1 o'clock news!!

New Threads

Most Replies