• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Anglo - Willie McAteer arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCon

Just announced on Newstalk.

Aindriu

Let's see how long he will be held.

Any one want to start the betting?

Tomas Mor

were the media there, another Garda tip-off. Fair play to you Willie

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Gardai update....

As part of the ongoing investigation by Gardaí from the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation into alleged financial irregularities at a financial institution, a search was carried out this morning, 24th March 2010, and a male in his late 50's has been arrested.

He is being detained under the provisions of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984, as amended, at Irishtown Garda Station.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
FitzPatrick, McAteer... wonder who'll be the first non-Anglo Irish banker to be pulled in.

P.

BlowIn

Just out of interest would anybody know the possible jail terms for the sample of crimes these men MAY or MAY NOT have committed?

I understand of course that destroying the countrys economy for your personal gain is not on the statute books.

Tomas Mor

Next will be a Permanent TSB top dog and then Neary in my humble opinion :)

I think Fingers Pavarotti Fingleton must be next on list.:roll:

loner

Are Board Members likely to be questioned in a similar manner ?

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
BBC News - Second ex-boss at Anglo Irish bank is arrested

part of the arrogance has been a complete inconsideration of how this and other scandals have effected
our national reputation, it's sickening that everything is so locked up in cronyism and back-patting.

= Ireland looks shabby, nasty and bad as a result of these appalling behaviours that get trucked off
into quotes such as don't talk down the economy......

I reckon discouraging whistle-blowers ain't helping, afterall repeating personal mantras
and ignoring how serious this is, is just another display of personal arrogance that doesn't go
un-noted ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.