• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ann Coulter gay gene comments at Homocon 2010

pete2

firefly123

Would be hard to pass that gene on surely?

stoichkov

ann coulter is a total cretin.

Roll_On

did you ever look at her eyes in an interview, she looks coked out of it.

Hooch

Undeniably good legs though.
And America's most famous Adam's apple.

And she's no darling of the gay community, she was invited to "Homocon" by a group of gay republicans, which are themselves a study in paradoxical self-loathing.

Lao-Tse

I was actually going to post a thread on the supposed "gay gene" discovered in this article from July
Has The "Gay Gene" Been Found in Female Mice? | Popular Science

then noticed that such a thing as Homocon 2010 exists and Ann Coulter (apparently a darling of the gay community) was quoted at conference as saying

"once [scientists] find the gay gene, guess who's getting aborted?"
Given the anti-gay crowd are nearly always anti-abortion as well, I doubt
it. I don't think many people in the US or Europe would have a problem with
loving a son or daughter they knew were destined to be gay-it might even make adolescence easier if they know their child is going to be gay.

pete2

..I don't think many people in the US or Europe would have a problem with loving a son or daughter they knew were destined to be gay-it might even make adolescence easier if they know their child is going to be gay.
This is what I originally wanted to discuss, the Coulter stuff was really just some current events related to it (she doesn't seem to know about the science reported on in the other link).

I disagree that prospective parents wouldn't mind gay children. A child is a huge financial investment, not to mention the attached emotional hopes and aspirations invested in he/she. There is also the fundamental biological imperative which parents fulfilll through the child- the child carries on their genes.

Roll_On

This is what I originally wanted to discuss, the Coulter stuff was really just some current events related to it (she doesn't seem to know about the science reported on in the other link).

I disagree that prospective parents wouldn't mind gay children. A child is a huge financial investment, not to mention the attached emotional hopes and aspirations invested in he/she. There is also the fundamental biological imperative which parents fulfilll through the child- the child carries on their genes.
it's a bit of a redundant question anyway because genetic screening is something that's done for IVF babies only, I'm pretty sure the practice is banned in most places. Afterall it would have an impact on the natural balance of males to females, homosexuals to heterosexuals, blue eyes to brown eyes etc. Such interference into the natural numerical balance of such things could have unknown and rather wide reaching consequences for the species as a whole.

Hooch

That's a pretty cold view of child rearing.

Gays can still pass on their genes through surrogates, in fact many do just that.

firefly123

pfft, amature.
I may be bad at biology but I can spell Amateur correctly! Mwahahahahaha!:D

I think it would be cool to have a gay child. They look after me when I get old and crabby and their won't be as many pesky grandkids!

pete2

it's a bit of a redundant question anyway because genetic screening is something that's done for IVF babies only, I'm pretty sure the practice is banned in most places. Afterall it would have an impact on the natural balance of males to females, homosexuals to heterosexuals, blue eyes to brown eyes etc. Such interference into the natural numerical balance of such things could have unknown and rather wide reaching consequences for the species as a whole.
Its an interesting question, what is in the best interests of the species? But isn't evolution just adaptive trial and error anyway? Why not eliminate the errors, much in the same way the "natural balance" between reproduction and natures response- disease has been tampered with?

I mean, in the absence (so far) of a dominant, accepted theory for why gayness exists isn't there a strong case to be made for accepting gayness as just evolutionary error? If the moral question were about a "schizophrenia gene" wouldn't its screening be considered a "good thing"?

Hooch

Its an interesting question, what is in the best interests of the species? But isn't evolution just adaptive trial and error anyway? Why not eliminate the errors, much in the same way the "natural balance" between reproduction and natures response- disease has been tampered with?

I mean, in the absence (so far) of a dominant, accepted theory for why gayness exists isn't there a strong case to be made for accepting gayness as just evolutionary error? If the moral question were about a "schizophrenia gene" wouldn't its screening be considered a "good thing"?
Recommended reading.

Roll_On

how do we decide what is error and what is not? Schizophrenia is an illness, homosexuality like red headedness (is that a word?) is not, there in lies a clear line. However I am against aborting fetuses on the basis that they may have a very treatable illness.

evercloserunion

pfft, amature.
Someone failed Leaving Cert English.

pete2 said:

So you don't actually know, so you're going to assume that gay people are a mistake? That hardly seems logical.

ne0ica

I was actually going to post a thread on the supposed "gay gene" discovered in this article from July
Has The "Gay Gene" Been Found in Female Mice? | Popular Science

then noticed that such a thing as Homocon 2010 exists and Ann Coulter (apparently a darling of the gay community) was quoted at conference as saying
She has point tough. Imagine if they were able to determine if a child in the womb was gay. Wonder how those Pro-Choice liberals would feel when the majority of gay children was aborted.

Popular Threads

Most Replies