• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Another Blueshirt trying to crawl his way to a knighthood

Prof Honeydew

Where do they get them? Scared $hitless by the possibility of Mother England voting herself out of the EU, FG senator Frank Feighan wants the pixieheads of Ireland to re-pledge their allegiance to the Queen of England.

Have his starry eyes been dazzled by Bob Geldoff, Tony O'Reilly, Terry Wogan, Bono and other leading browned-off Paddys?

Ireland should consider rejoining Commonwealth, FG Senator says

Jeez, I thought that, John Bruton notwithstanding, this argument had been settled nearly eighty years ago by Feighan's former party leader John A Costello.

BTW, how did Feighan get nominated by Inda to the Seanad after he bottled the General Election? Despite FG winning two seats out of three in 2011, he hadn't the ball$ to stand last February and the party was exterminated in Roscommon.

stopdoingstuff

What a freak. Someone should wind him up tell him that Mandy still has enough influence to swing a knighthood and would do so upon receipt of fellatio just to see if he tries to contact him.

Vega1447

There's a thread about this old news in the Zoo ....
The zoo is where Feighan belongs along with his Grace of Dunboyne.

diy01

What would be the point? Although culturally and linguistically there isn't a lot separating the various nations of the British Isles. Ireland is firmly part of the Anglophone world and the vast majority of Irish people are content with that.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Nothing more plaintive than the Fine Gaeler pining for a CBE. Like a damp pup left behind on the gloomy shoulder of the historical road.

Vega1447

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
As a republican (rather than a "Republican"), if I was convinced joining the Commonwealth would help convince unionists to change their minds on unionism I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.

That's the main motivation behind the Fine Gaelers who occasionally propose such a step. I think they're missing the point, to be honest.

I could be wrong.

Whatever about that, I think the bile expended on this thread about the issue is -- to put it kindly -- misplaced.

greengoose2

As a republican (rather than a "Republican"), if I was convinced joining the Commonwealth would help convince unionists to change their minds on unionism I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.

That's the main motivation behind the Fine Gaelers who occasionally propose such a step. I think they're missing the point, to be honest.

I could be wrong.

Whatever about that, I think the bile expended on this thread about the issue is -- to put it kindly -- misplaced.
You are indeed missing the point! FG folk are pretty dumb as is evidenced by the idiot who is their head honcho.

Jack O Neill

I could be wrong.
The main motivation behind the Fine Gaelers who occasionally propose such a step as Frank of the elbows has just done is the gain attention , this pric represents no one and did not run in the last election because he knew the kicking he was going to get in roscommon . Yet Enda appoints the neaderal to the Seanad

blokesbloke

Where do they get them? Scared $hitless by the possibility of Mother England voting herself out of the EU, FG senator Frank Feighan wants the pixieheads of Ireland to re-pledge their allegiance to the Queen of England.

Have his starry eyes been dazzled by Bob Geldoff, Tony O'Reilly, Terry Wogan, Bono and other leading browned-off Paddys?

Ireland should consider rejoining Commonwealth, FG Senator says

Jeez, I thought that, John Bruton notwithstanding, this argument had been settled nearly eighty years ago by Feighan's former party leader John A Costello.

BTW, how did Feighan get nominated by Inda to the Seanad after he bottled the General Election? Despite FG winning two seats out of three in 2011, he hadn't the ball$ to stand last February and the party was exterminated in Roscommon.
I might be wrong, but I don't think rejoining the Commonwealth would involve pledging allegiance to the Queen of England.

neiphin

I could be wrong.

oin Date
Apr 2008
Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
60,000 posts
ffs

T

Toowoomba

I might be wrong, but I don't think rejoining the Commonwealth would involve pledging allegiance to the Queen of England.
Cameroon, Rwanda and Mozambique are members of the BC, despite not being former Brit colonies.

I'm sure that Marty is in line for a gong from his Boss, for loyal service.

ger12

Éamon Ó Cuív floated this years ago. I can't see him looking for a knighthood :p

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies