Another cancer screening ****-up: this time in the UK

statsman

Apparently up to 270 women may have died prematurely in the UK following a major ****-up in the screening programme. A 'computer error' in 2009 meant that 450,000 women didn't get automated letters inviting them to screening for breast cancer.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/02/jeremy-hunt-to-launch-inquiry-into-450000-missed-breast-cancer-screenings

It would appear that while medical science continues to make advances, health administrators are struggling to do the basics right.

Analyzer

Naturally, in the UK, everything is on a different scale to here. But the news in the UK is very, very bad, also.

This could prove very insightful. Apart from anything else it will show the comfort zone that exists for incompetence in the Irish institutional power-state compex.

Open a counter for tracking the following measurement :

People who are sacked due to institutional incompetence in the UK

compared to

People who are sacked due to institutional incompetence in the IRL.

Something tells me that the number of people who will get asked to bea ccountable in the power state complex, will stay at Zero for all of this.

statsman

Naturally, in the UK, everything is on a different scale to here. But the news in the UK is very, very bad, also.

This could prove very insightful. Apart from anything else it will show the comfort zone that exists for incompetence in the Irish institutional power-state compex.

Open a counter for tracking the following measurement :

People who are sacked due to institutional incompetence in the UK

compared to

People who are sacked due to institutional incompetence in the IRL.

Something tells me that the number of people who will get asked to bea ccountable in the power state complex, will stay at Zero for all of this.
We've already had one person jump before she was pushed here, haven't we?

Analyzer

We've already had one person jump before she was pushed here, haven't we?
You seem to be insinuating that it is too much.

Institutional state supporter thinks that there has already been too much accountability - surprise, surprise.

Will they get Neary-esque treatment ?

Analyzer

So, Ireland 2 - 0 UK at half time?
This has not even started.

Amber Rudd resigned over lying to the people. She lied to cover up for Theresa May.

Where is
- Simon Harris
- Leo Varadkar
- Meehaul Martin
- Sumo Harney
- Brian Cowen

Some of the above are in positions of power. Others are on corporate boards.

statsman

This has not even started.

Amber Rudd resigned over lying to the people. She lied to cover up for Theresa May.

Where is
- Simon Harris
- Leo Varadkar
- Meehaul Martin
- Sumo Harney
- Brian Cowen

Some of the above are in positions of power. Others are on corporate boards.
I'm willing to bet that nobody will be sacked in the UK over this issue.

And how many former UK politicians sit on the boards of major companies?

statsman

Oddly, there seems to be no big furore around this story.

paddycomeback

I am getting a bit jaded with cervix, cervix, breast, breast incessantly on the radio. I'd like testicle, testicle, prostate, prostate for balance.

Sheeple_Waker

I am getting a bit jaded with cervix, cervix, breast, breast incessantly on the radio. I'd like testicle, testicle, prostate, prostate for balance.
The current scandal isn’t a gender imbalance issue as you seem to argue, it’s clearly a scandal pertaining to negligence in the treatment of cervical cancer. It’s quite correct in the circumstances for this particular strain to receive more attention than others. The flip side would be equally true if it were a case concerning testicular or prostate cancer.

Analyzer

Ardillaun

UK news papers are running with the story.

Pro-government media in the UK demands that those responsible be held to account.

We must find out who was truly responsible for the NHS screening blunder and hold them to account

The comments section includes some extremely biting criticism of the entire "way of doing things" that pervades in the UK public sector.

They have a far healthier contempt of institutional underperformance that exists here with regard to the powerstate.
The Telegraph may be pro-government but it is also fanatically hostile to the NHS.

shoneen

Never gonna happen ... shure don't men have it easy what with everything stacked in their favour ;-)

"Men do not face these types of scandals – is women’s health just taken less seriously?"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/men-do-not-face-these-types-of-scandals-is-womens-health-just-taken-less-seriously-36865249.html

redmonite

blinding

Do either of the health services screen men for anything ?

Men die on average 5 years before women . Thats five years of un-equality right there .

If it was the other way around we would be hearing about it full time .

Why do men let the system walk all over them ?

che schifo

Oh, stop talking bollocks.

Crank Yanker

Never gonna happen ... shure don't men have it easy what with everything stacked in their favour ;-)

"Men do not face these types of scandals – is women’s health just taken less seriously?"
Women just react emotionally and interpret the world egotistically and not rationally.

False negatives are part of every screening programme including those for males.

I'll post a link here to a scientific paper on the subject but I know most women will not read it. Instead, they are more likely rely on their own hysterical intuition, than science.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29594020

New Threads

Most Replies