Another Charity Scandal: Investigation into Financial Irregularities at Gay Rights Charity GLEN

Skyrocket

Ireland's charity sector has been the subject of a deluge of controversies and scandals since 2013, ranging from revelations about exorbitant executive pay and "top-ups" to suspected fraud.

Now the Gay rights charity GLEN (Gay & Lesbian Equality Network) is being investigated by the Charities Regulator over financial irregularities related to "credit cards, political campaigns and undisclosed spending" according to the front page of tomorrow's Sunday Business Post. The headline claims that the charity's future is in doubt and that the new Chief Executive resigned after making a disclosure to the regulator.

https://twitter.com/sundaybusiness/status/853351877894955008

TakeitAll

Ireland's charity sector has been the subject of a deluge of controversies and scandals since 2013, ranging from revelations about exorbitant executive pay and "top-ups" to suspected fraud.

Now the Gay rights charity GLEN (Gay & Lesbian Equality Network) is being investigated by the Charities Regulator over financial irregularities related to "credit cards, political campaigns and undisclosed spending" according to the front page of tomorrow's Sunday Business Post. The headline claims that the charity's future is in doubt and that the new Chief Executive resigned after making a disclosure to the regulator.

Why is that even a charity!

OrderoftheDragon

It's time for the state to stop all charity funding of pressure/advocate groups, most of it provides little value and takes much needed funds from service providers.

GDPR

I'm not in the least surprised. The gay marriage referendum was fraudulent from start to finish - including the hijacking of state funds for the promotion of gay marriage and the channeling of illegal funds from foreign Oligarchs.

Ireland is Different!

When you offer the carrot of no taxation, it's not surprising that the cute hoors in Ireland queue to set up charities.
How many thousands are there at this stag...9k+?

ainm_eile

It's hard to avoid the sense that the "liberal elite" only wanted to take the Catholic Church's place in hindsight. They're trying to to make us feel guilty, trying to exploit the country as springboard for their broader ambitions, accepting money from Americans, trying to impose their own moral views on the rest of the country, corruption, excessive intimacy with the levers of power...

that'smadted

Sadly, even the meaning of that word has been lost beyond recognition
Sadly, you are correct, when will 'charity' be called out for what it is, a tax avoidance scheme for the wealthy, and a pocket liner for the well appointed administration. If you want to understand a true charitable institution, look up 'swedish doctors for human rights', they highlight the staging of heart rending propaganda stunts by charities like the 'white helmets'. They also do not accept donations for their cause, they are self funded and just want to highlight the extremes that heavily funded charities will go to to push their agenda.

This is a fairly grim article from their magazine, so fair warning.

Analysis of evidence contradicts allegations on Syrian gas attacks – THE INDICTER

USER1234

I'm not in the least surprised. The gay marriage referendum was fraudulent from start to finish - including the hijacking of state funds for the promotion of gay marriage and the channeling of illegal funds from foreign Oligarchs.
Still bitter about loosing the referendum huh!

1) nobody highjacked any states funds they were requested by the groups involved and the government agreed to the funding

2) As far as I know the only illegal funding was on the no side as at least one well known anti gay group in America was expressly & publicly fund raising for the no side

3) But I think you mean Atlantic Philanthropies which has since long before the referendum donated to several groups which supported the yes side unfortunately for your it is owned by Chuck Feeney his donations were all perfectly legal as he is an Irish citizen

storybud1

They must be a bit "Bent" in that shower,,,

How many times have we seen power and money handed over to puppets that cannot help themselves , when is it political and when is it a charity ??? Amnesty sure as hell is a joke to what its founder envisioned it to be.

GLEN,, get over yourself and grow up, nobody cares, but there is free money to be had,

storybud1

Still bitter about loosing the referendum huh!

1) nobody highjacked any states funds they were requested by the groups involved and the government agreed to the funding

2) As far as I know the only illegal funding was on the no side as at least one well known anti gay group in America was expressly & publicly fund raising for the no side

3) But I think you mean Atlantic Philanthropies which has since long before the referendum donated to several groups which supported the yes side unfortunately for your it is owned by Chuck Feeney his donations were all perfectly legal as he is an Irish citizen
Chuck came out of retirement to claim back his money from the liberal fookwit board that was splashing it around on liberal causes that did not need it,, He was born in New Jersey and pretty much splashed the cash to buy off the terrorists in the North and then retired, good job he came back to fight the new fascists using his cash.

USER1234

Chuck came out of retirement to claim back his money from the liberal fookwit board that was splashing it around on liberal causes that did not need it,, He was born in New Jersey and pretty much splashed the cash to buy off the terrorists in the North and then retired, good job he came back to fight the new fascists using his cash.
As I said he is an Irish citizen (as well as a US citizen) and perfectly entitled to donated to any cause he wants to here!

The rest of your ranting is just bitterness over loosing the referendum!

D

Deleted member 45466

From their website

In 2005, GLEN recieved funding for a five year strategic plan Buliding Sustainable Change which increased GLEN staff to 7. GLEN became a Company Limited by Guarantee (Co. Reg. No. 4065230 and a registered charity (CHY 16635).[\quote]
Ah makes sense. Gay "minorities" and all that malarkey. They're no longer a minority, so don't give them any cash, and lobby to have taxpayers money diverted from this group to other endeavours (e.g. homelessness).

I've stopped giving to charities. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.

USER1234

Ah makes sense. Gay "minorities" and all that malarkey. They're no longer a minority, so don't give them any cash, and lobby to have taxpayers money diverted from this group to other endeavours (e.g. homelessness).

I've stopped giving to charities. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.
1) yes the LGBT community are still a minority, their rights may be better protected these days but there still minority

2) even if the government were to cut funds to this groups there are other groups which receive funds for the the same reason ie to lobby for and defend the rights of the gay community

PC Principle

'Charity' is a scam full stop.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies