• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

The OD

Well, it's over a week now since the eviction - if there was something amiss about the paperwork they are certainly taking their time to point it out.
Well, it's over a week now since the eviction - if everything was in order with the paperwork they are certainly taking their time to point it out.

See, I can play too!

Fullforward

Who asked for it - only the legally registered tenent would have a right to see it.

Illegally occupying a house proves nothing.
"Legally registered" where and with whom? Do you have as much interest in the tax compliance of the so-called landlord?

Marcos the black

Well, it's been almost a week since the OP. Has there been 7 similar evictions, or is the OP just an exaggeration of a once off, or isolated case?

making waves

Well, it's been almost a week since the OP. Has there been 7 similar evictions, or is the OP just an exaggeration of a once off, or isolated case?
There have been several illegal evictions in the past week - including one in Glasnevin yesterday

Seán E. Ryan

Sounds like you'd suggest that the Fire Brigade wait for the fire to grow a bit to make things easier to see.

The gardaí have been involved in plenty of nefarious evictions. Just like their direct descendants the RIC. In other words, there've been plenty of evictions over the years. Enough to leave a bitter taste, in regard to evictions, in the mouth of the Irish psyche. Latter day King Canutes, do provide for distracting spectacles, I'll give you that. However, they do anything but contribute to reason or progress.

Marcos the black

Sounds like you'd suggest that the Fire Brigade wait for the fire to grow a bit to make things easier to see.

The gardaí have been involved in plenty of nefarious evictions. Just like their direct descendants the RIC. In other words, there've been plenty of evictions over the years. Enough to leave a bitter taste, in regard to evictions, in the mouth of the Irish psyche. Latter day King Canutes, do provide for distracting spectacles, I'll give you that. However, they do anything but contribute to reason or progress.
Can you link to any of the above?

Marcos the black

Absolutely. However, I cannot be bothered to. Do a couple of searches on google, or google images and mail your alleged counter arguments to them. I'm sure they'll be as interested as I am in rewriting history.
So.. no links then. Sound.

fifilawe

They are not examples of a failure of the RTB, if someone steps outside of the system that is not a failure of the system ,the RTB has the power to bring them to book if that is the case.
The RTB do not control the Gardai
The RTB are not a special reaction force to intervene in illegal evictions, it is like asking why a high court judge didn't break up a fight or prevent a gangland shooting absolute nonsense.
You would have to ask the tenants or landlord or the RTB what if any use of RTB services were made.
Yes an illegal eviction is always possible if people ignore the law, but the RTB has the power to reinstate the tenants and force the landlord to compensate the tenants

You made specific claims that the RTB did not have certain powers and that the people on the board were insiders so off you trot and back up those claims, because all I see is the typical facebook type sh!te you are spouting when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
who selects the members of the RTB? someone with the power delegated to them must select them.They are not "Unknown unknown" as Donald Rumsfeld put it but people "well known and connected to the Housing Sector".Maybe it is time to rethink RTB etc and I am not on FB and will never go on twitter either, so that will spare you those nightmares that keep you awake .I don't know any of the facts nor do I want to , it is none of my business but it is useful to give people pointers of where the Crony capitalism, insiders , corrupt, sharp practices etc operate and how the MSM will not go near it for fear of reprisals and loss of employment and prospects.

carlovian

who selects the members of the RTB? someone with the power delegated to them must select them.They are not "Unknown unknown" as Donald Rumsfeld put it but people "well known and connected to the Housing Sector".Maybe it is time to rethink RTB etc and I am not on FB and will never go on twitter either, so that will spare you those nightmares that keep you awake .I don't know any of the facts nor do I want to , it is none of my business but it is useful to give people pointers of where the Crony capitalism, insiders , corrupt, sharp practices etc operate and how the MSM will not go near it for fear of reprisals and loss of employment and prospects.
You are blaming the RTB for something they didn’t know about ?

Cdebru

So anyone appointed by the government is automatically part of the elite, corrupt crony capitalist etc.

Can I ask in your local arbitrator suggestion who would appoint these arbitrators, who would pay them?

You made specific claims that the RTB was deliberately hobbled, I asked for examples you have none, you claimed that you just had to look at the board, I did and asked you who were the corrupt elites on the board you can't point to them. You are a spoofer head back to facebook where your echo chamber will like your posts without asking if you have any proof or know what you are talking about.

Freemind

Crowds take to the streets over Black lives matter, Why not take to the streets to stop evictions. Thought evictions were anathema to Irish people. We are no different from the anglo landlords.

Cdebru

Crowds take to the streets over Black lives matter, Why not take to the streets to stop evictions. Thought evictions were anathema to Irish people. We are no different from the anglo landlords.
Maybe because it is not anathema to Irish people in all circumstances, some evictions are completely justified, like Gorse Hill for example.

Unfair evictions or illegal evictions are a different matter, and it is a case by case basis depending on the circumstances.

No sane person wants to stop all evictions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom