Another Easten European convicted of a horrible crime

Why on earth would that bother you?

The racist/xenophobe card was pulled out at every conceivable opportunity over the past ten years and now people just shrug and yawn when they hear the label applied by Immigrant Council of Ireland and the rest of the immigrant industry.

This was an absolutely horrific crime perpetrated by someone we opened our doors to. This is an unfortunate fact. Very hard to quantify (although the Judge's superlatives say it really) and I'm giving this a very wide berth - but I wonder if an Irish person brought up with an Irish mindset could perform this particular crime.

it bothers me cos its happening much more requent an body who follows local and National news will agree

D

Deleted member 17573

it bothers me cos its happening much more requent an body who follows local and National news will agree
Pointless idiot-racist thread - and discussion with you would be equally pointless as anybody who would dare to take a different view of the issue would be accused by you of condoning the crime. :mad:

Jack White

Why on earth would that bother you?

The racist/xenophobe card was pulled out at every conceivable opportunity over the past ten years and now people just shrug and yawn when they hear the label applied by Immigrant Council of Ireland and the rest of the immigrant industry.

This was an absolutely horrific crime perpetrated by someone we opened our doors to. This is an unfortunate fact. Very hard to quantify (although the Judge's superlatives say it really) and I'm giving this a very wide berth - but I wonder if an Irish person brought up with an Irish mindset could perform this particular crime.Hopefully the welcoming committee in prison won't be too discerning of his 'race' when they greet this vile piece of filth
What does this mean ?

Are you saying that this is somehow worse than the worst crime that has ever been committed by an Irish person with an Irish mindset ? How are you evaluating that ?

What is this mindset you're talking about ?

Jack White

Riadach

Nice to see the suffering of a woman and her family due to a brutal criminal is being manipulated by certain individuals to target a specific group in Irish society. Very classy!

eoghanacht

Please read the posts above before you vent your faux outrage and start the insult train in motion (as opposed to debating the issue
QUTE]

What do you want to debate? How heinous and despicable this was or how the OP and yourself to a lesser extent are trying to slur every immigrant in the country.

but don't let rationality get in the way of your rant, by all means use this rape as a stick to beat immigrants with.

Jack White

Let's play ''Spot the Ireland's Own reader''.

Sigh...I'm not evaluating anything - hence the "very hard to quantify"

You're not evaluating anything, yet

1) You simultaneously can wonder if the Irish mindset could do such.

2) You agree with the judge's evaluation... of something. Which isn't the Irish mindset in any case.

Amazing.

Last edited:

macdarawhitfield

:D You couldn't write this...

Please read the posts above before you vent your faux outrage and start the insult train in motion (as opposed to debating the issue perhaps which might be a little more difficult than hurling, what you might view as, insults from the get go?)

He belongs to the same race - can we have self-hate racism? :rolleyes:
Plenty of self loathing about but I'm not sure it's on topic! Whofearstospeak sounds like Mr.Justice Melford Stevenson and co.Whenever a defendant was Irish -Scottish for that matter - you were always treated to some variation on 'This sort of behaviour might be acceptable where you come from but it most certainly is not here........' The summing up,complete with absurd generalisations,would often be published in the more hysterically racist papers.In his time that meant the Express and Mail,later the Sun.Perhaps whofears could keep a tally of serious offences and compare the East European total to the national one,percentage wise.I'm sure the Indo would print it ,unless it was really boring.In which case:don't be annoying them.

SAT

occurring more frequent in my opinion but ill be labelled a Racist

Man gets 5 life sentences for rape - The Irish Times - Fri, Jan 29, 2010
As I am sure you are not a racist and that you are only concerned with affronts on law and order would you perhaps provide a link to the thread I'm sure you must have started condemning this crime and it's perpetrators, or perhaps a link to any thread you have started condemning attacks on immigrants.

The Polish Murders in Dublin
March 6, 2008

By John Spain

THE brutal murder of two young Polish men by a gang of Dublin teenagers in a screwdriver attack on a Dublin street the weekend before last has shocked everyone here. It is shocking for two reasons. Firstly there was the grotesque level of violence used by the gang of more than a dozen young teenagers.

One Polish man was stabbed in the throat with the screwdriver, and the other was stabbed with such force in the head that the screwdriver punctured his skull and went into his brain. The average age of the gang appeared to be around 15.

Secondly there was the strong likelihood that racism was a factor in the attack, in spite of attempts since then to suggest that this was simply a random, mindless incident that could have happened anywhere to anyone.

The two young Polish men, Pawel Kalite, 26, and Marius Szwajkos, 27, had been in Ireland for less than two years and were auto mechanics. They were working at the Ace Auto Body Shop on the Longmile Road near the start of the motorway from Dublin to the south.

The manager there said they were “two of the most genuinely lovely guys you may ever meet. They were totally reliable and conscientious. They were always punctual and never looked like they had been in trouble. We have been out with them and they appeared to be guys who would walk away from trouble.”

Oddjob111

This is very strange, one of the most heinous sex crimes committed in this state which was recognised by the judge as such, and he recommended the convicted should never be released from prison, And there's no debate about it? How many sex offenders in Ireland have received a similar sentence? What's so uninteresting about this case?

clonycavanman

One cannot construct an intellectually robust argument for racism from a single tragic case, and I see the court is seeking psychiatric guidance wrt this offender- may that guidance not be misused.

But our Government has permitted, and pursued policies to promote, the admission into Ireland of hundreds of thousands of foregn nationals whom the state was unprepared to police properly.

"Irish police have solved the mystery of a Polish recidivist who clocked up 50 traffic offences in different addresses and was never caught" ...'Prawo Jazdy is actually the Polish for driving licence, and not the first and surname on the licence', instructed a belated internal Garda memo. See independent 19-2-09
Rogue driver Prawo is lost in translation - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

This story made us a laughing stock around the world, but the more sinister truth is that our Government failed to act responsibly and to protect the Irish people (and foreign nationals living in Ireland) from the risks posed by criminals whose language and identity papers the polce did not understand. And this advantage has been much appreciated by international crime gangs.
To add financial cost (to injury by criminals), the Gardai in 2008 spent 3 million euro of your money paying interpreters to deliver an individualised personal service to foreign nationals; while failing to train their own police officers adequately.
There is also the cost (to Irish society) of the failure to deport 4/5 of ex-EU convicts.

The lesson is, 'Demand a properly governed State. Zero tolerance of Government ineptitude'. We must sack Fianna Fail. They have failed us.

Nodin

I wouldn't have thought so, given that people from eastern Europe are the same race as us.

Idiot, perhaps, but racist, probably not.
Yep.

Rather unfortunately sex offenders existed in this country long before we became a destination for immigrants. If that doesn't make us a nation of deviants, then logically one cannot say it about immigrants. I fear logic plays little part in this kind of thread, however.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
This is very strange, one of the most heinous sex crimes committed in this state which was recognised by the judge as such, and he recommended the convicted should never be released from prison, And there's no debate about it? How many sex offenders in Ireland have received a similar sentence? What's so uninteresting about this case?
Judging from the content in the indo today where they have 12 pages on the Lillis verdict and a quarter page on this. You need to be wealthy and from Dublin to get any exposure in the media.

The judge also issued that the sentences would not be consecutive. Hopefully this individual will be dealt with in prison, our judges arent up to the task clearly.

from the indo:
Mr Justice Peter Charleton described the attack by Polish national Edward Piotrowski (45), of Clonmullen Hall, Edenderry, Co Offaly, as the "most grievous sexual assault I have ever come across in my career".

Piotrowski told the woman during the two-and-half hour ordeal that he was going to kill her, her partner and his daughter.

He tied up the woman's partner with rope and duct tape and sexually assaulted her in front of him before taking her to another room where he raped her and forced her to perform oral sex.

Asked to consider post-release supervision by prosecution barrister Fergal Foley, the judge said he did not intend for the former army officer to ever be released.
Rape crisis networks response.
The Rape Crisis Network last night welcomed the five life sentences as "a strong statement" but executive director Fiona Neary questioned why, if the judge wanted to ensure Piotrowski was to spend the rest of his life in jail, he had not handed down consecutive sentences.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies