• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Another Pesky Parade Row

between the bridges

"I have had families on who were out shopping yesterday and came across this disgraceful spectacle," said Councillor Middleton. "People have told me there were men marching with their faces covered with scarves or balaclavas, wearing military uniforms. One band had a image of two republican gunmen painted on their drum It is offensive and disgusting. We can not have the likes of that in what is essentially our city's shared space.

A spokesman for the Spirit of Freedom Republican Flute Band said that the march was approved by the Parades Commission and the PSNI. He said that none of the members wore masks or balaclavas and that the band hoped to replicate the march route through the city centre for their 25th anniversary next year.

"The march was dignified and well run," he told Newswire. "It was well stewarted and organised. No one was wearing masks. The Irish Republican Band Association have strict guidelines that do not permit the wearing of masks.

Row erupts after claims 'masked republicans marched in city centre' on Sunday afternoon | NewswireNI

an Irish Republican without a mask? i ask you, what is the world coming too? anyway good to see the band culture making use of the £4m Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin SPIRIT OF FREEDOM RFB – FUNDRAISER « Fiannaiochta

now obviously i wasn't there but that by no means curtails my right to be offended....

here's a wee clip
[video=youtube_share;8LFFEfqoR38]http://youtu.be/8LFFEfqoR38[/video]
from a previous event showing the drum head which clearly breaches the PC guidelines • No dress, flags or emblems of a paramilitary style, or relating to a proscribed organisation are permitted. i hope that by exposing this youtube evidence that dawn raids by the preoffended culture police will follow...

InsideImDancing

Worst.

theloner

An Orange man peaching to others about breaching PC guidelines is like being told to sit up straight by Quasimoto.

These lads should find another hobby.

Global Justice

What seems to be the problem here, troll under the bridge? Sour grapes per-haps?

Seems you have deliberately emboldened one bit of the sentence, but very conveniently didn't embolden the most important bit:

"The march was dignified and well run," he told Newswire. "It was well stewarted and organised. No one was wearing masks. The Irish Republican Band Association have strict guidelines that do not permit the wearing of masks.

windbag winker Irvine and his loyalist, sorry loyal unionist, cronies were sh1tstirring about this last nite and contacted the media, no doubt this was found on PULSE, eh troll :rolleyes:

Now which PC restriction were broke? Did it go through a unionist area provoking, intimidating and p1ssing and being drunk and sectarian thugs, like Orange/loyalists bands?

There was no-one wearing masks, this is the usual sh1tstirring and sour grapes exercise by bitter unionists, looking to play the PC as biased, when it is anything but.

between the bridges

oh my it seems i am not allowed to be preoffended by what i see on youtube...

Global Justice

oh my it seems i am not allowed to be preoffended by what i see on youtube...
Ah so 'no' is the answer to the questions I posed, which PC restrictions were broken and was it a triumphialist bigoted supremacist and sectarian hate-fest being coat-trailed through a unionist community....

cheers.

Nothing to see here. Zoo thread mopefest just.

Global Justice

I don't know what it is with these bitter loyalists and religious fundamental extremists, but they see their bands and hate-fests behaving horribly, despicably, totally provocatively and un-christian, so they then seek to see what 'themmuns' are doing, and it is in complete contrast - no breaches of determinations or restrictions, no drunkenness, no loutish behaviour or fascist-like bile and sectarian songs and it is not being coat-trailed through their areas.... so why do they see the need to point this out as it shows them in really bad light and exposes the difference between the two??

between the bridges

Ah so 'no' is the answer to the questions I posed, which PC restrictions were broken and was it a triumphialist bigoted supremacist and sectarian hate-fest being coat-trailed through a unionist community....

cheers.

Nothing to see here. Zoo thread mopefest just.
well i 'no' your slow but i didn't realise how much...
from a previous event showing the drum head which clearly breaches the PC guidelines • No dress, flags or emblems of a paramilitary style, or relating to a proscribed organisation are permitted. i hope that by exposing this youtube evidence that dawn raids by the preoffended culture police will follow...

between the bridges

Say what you want about that band - but they can hold a tune unlike most Orange Order bands.
youre having a laugh! try this it has a long drum intro but worth the wait

[video=youtube_share;oIYshHudnY0]http://youtu.be/oIYshHudnY0[/video]

J

Johnny Boy

I've always believed that the real "flutes" in flute bands are the members, and I apply this as much to self proclaimed "republican" tosspots as I do to loyalists.
The DUP's Gary Middleton getting upset about images of republican gunmen on the drums though?
Would he complain about this celebration of a murdering terrorist on the shared space of the streets of Belfast as quickly? Somehow I doubt it.

He's just another blowhard DUP tosser without the brains to see that loyalists are infinitely worse when it comes to this sort of yobbishness.

InsideImDancing

youre having a laugh! try this it has a long drum intro but worth the wait

[video=youtube_share;oIYshHudnY0]http://youtu.be/oIYshHudnY0[/video]
Worst.drumtrack.ever, haha jk, it sounds like early trance!:shock:

between the bridges

I've always believed that the real "flutes" in flute bands are the members, and I apply this as much to self proclaimed "republican" tosspots as I do to loyalists.
The DUP's Gary Middleton getting upset about images of republican gunmen on the drums though?
Would he complain about this celebration of a murdering terrorist on the shared space of the streets of Belfast as quickly? Somehow I doubt it.

He's just another blowhard DUP tosser without the brains to see that loyalists are infinitely worse when it comes to this sort of yobbishness.
how very unbiased of you!

InsideImDancing

Global Justice

well i 'no' your slow but i didn't realise how much...
I'm led to believe that that is dependant on the area where the bands march and the past behaviour of the bands.... hence why it is the badly behaved loyalists and orangies that are subjected to more restrictions. Anyways, there's plenty of loyalist bands that have the names of loyalist terrorists adorning their regalia....

In any case, these are irish republicans, why the feck should they adhere to any british restriction?? It's you Uncle Tom's that fawn and fetish over your masters and her majesty's subjects and her majesty's laws... hmmmm....

loyal to who?

Portadown madman

I'm led to believe that that is dependant on the area where the bands march and the past behaviour of the bands.... hence why it is the badly behaved loyalists and orangies that are subjected to more restrictions. Anyways, there's plenty of loyalist bands that have the names of loyalist terrorists adorning their regalia....

In any case, these are irish republicans, why the feck should they adhere to any british restriction?? It's you Uncle Tom's that fawn and fetish over your masters and her majesty's subjects and her majesty's laws... hmmmm....

loyal to who?
^^

Must be that time of day again, 1 hour on the computer then straitjacket back on, then took back to the padded cell.