Another Ryan Air idea.

myksav

Just heard on newstalk that MOL wishes to have his short-haul flights piloted by a single pilot, no co-pilot. No link found yet.

Apparently, one of the cabin crew would be designated as an "emergency pilot".

From the Ryan Air rep, it's needed so they can charge €5 flights.

Another daft idea from MOL.

davehiggz

Doesn't seem daft to me. He knows that if anything were to go wrong in that situation, it would destroy his business. He's obviously weighed up the risks and I imagine a plane could be safely operated by one pilot.

EvotingMachine0197

I'd say MOL knows it's daft. I suspect it would have to be approved by ICAO on an aircraft type basis, which would probably take 20 years or something mad like that ..

dent

Doesn't seem daft to me. He knows that if anything were to go wrong in that situation, it would destroy his business. He's obviously weighed up the risks and I imagine a plane could be safely operated by one pilot.
He can keep his risks. Not that he would be allowed anyway. Why do news agencies give him such free publicity ?

Cassandra Syndrome

I can see sometime in the future were Ryanair do not use airplanes anymore and simply use giant catapults to fling people to their destinations.

Of course his fanatical supporters would still praise this wonderful idea of "progression" as another fine example of MoL "aviation evolution" and his exemplary business model.

At least Howard Hughes had a colourful life and was a genius and a fantastic aviator. MoL is an upstart pathetic little runt.

seanmacc

He can keep his risks. Not that he would be allowed anyway. Why do news agencies give him such free publicity ?
Its funny how all these Ryanair plans hit the news on very slow news days.

Remember the charging for fat people talk and the charging for the toilet talk?

What the Fug

Can we close this thread, Ryan Air want to advertise let them pay, but another 10 page rant on Ryan Air for free is not on.

Iarmhi Gael

Just heard on newstalk that MOL wishes to have his short-haul flights piloted by a single pilot, no co-pilot. No link found yet.

Last 2 months I've had 10 Ryanair flights. All were excellent & on time.

I've complete confidence in Michael O'Leary. The Numbers that fly with Ryanair and pay his low fares don't seem to mind.

Everyone likes a good auld moan, sadly I've never had the chance with Ryanair like others do

Bill

I've complete confidence in Michael O'Leary. The Numbers that fly with Ryanair and pay his low fares don't seem to mind.

Everyone likes a good auld moan, sadly I've never had the chance with Ryanair like others do

Indeed, however it would be handy if they accepted payment with an AMEX card

Cassandra Syndrome

Sorry which airline are you talking about? You didn't make it very clear in your post...

orbit

Sounds like a warning shot directed at his pilots - letting him know what he thinks of them.

supermonkey

Virgin is awful absolutely appalling

st3ph3n

He knows the aviation authorities won't allow it, so its just free publicity for him when muppets in the media latch onto it.

The OD

Maybe, maybe not, but, just as Mick foresaw, people are yet again talking about him and Ryanair.

1 - All to MOL (again!).

the_rebubblican

I've heard O'Leary wants to install pedals underneath the cheapest and free fares seats so that they can pedal the aircraft to and from the apron. Can't see how that will work while standing up though....

anewbeginning

Just checked the calander there, no it's not April 1st.

He does realise it takes thousands of hours of training in simulators or real flights for someone to adequately fly and land a modern passenger jet?

He seems to think a cabin crew member with a couple hours training could do the same job.

MOL is just looking for attention and free advertising for Ryanair. He courts controversy and knows there is no such thing as bad publicity.

markpb

Indeed, however it would be handy if they accepted payment with an AMEX card
It would be handy if AMEX wasn't such a pain to deal with as a merchant. There's a reason plenty of sites don't accept them.

Bebsaboo

Just checked the calander there, no it's not April 1st.

He does realise it takes thousands of hours of training in simulators or real flights for someone to adequately fly and land a modern passenger jet?

He seems to think a cabin crew member with a couple hours training could do the same job.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies