Another SDLP story from Derry

Just Jack

This is a party with no future, no vision and no hope.

Whilst MR has ruled out any merger with another political body, it seems the only viable solution to save this sinking ship.

Although anyone in the right mind, would rightly want to stay clear of it.

Scipio

Unfortunately, I think the game is up for the SDLP, and has been for some time now.

northernstar

Can anyone here shed light on how one goes about gettng their name on the ballot paper for the upcoming local elections? For council, independent. How many signatures etc etc, want to stand but have no clue how I go about doing this.

Cheers! :)

physicist

Can anyone here shed light on how one goes about gettng their name on the ballot paper for the upcoming local elections? For council, independent. How many signatures etc etc, want to stand but have no clue how I go about doing this.

Cheers! :)
This is some light from the Electoral Commission on English elections, and by light I probably mean a penumbra since were talking about a different state and time.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/83331/057-Candidates-Agents-Local-Elections-2010-final-web.pdf

You need to fill out nominations registration forms and get them verified, you need the backing of 10 local electors.

Last edited:

northernstar

This is some light from the Electoral Commission on English elections, and by light I probably mean a penumbra since were talking about a different state and time.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/83331/057-Candidates-Agents-Local-Elections-2010-final-web.pdf

You need to fill out nominations registration forms and get them verified, you need the backing of 10 local electors.
Cheers physicist

The lack of NI information for local candidates is disgraceful. Have emailed the NIO and Electoral Office, still waiting

physicist

Cheers physicist

The lack of NI information for local candidates is disgraceful. Have emailed the NIO and Electoral Office, still waiting
As an SDLP member and more importantly as a democrat, I have no problem with people wishing to stand independently.

Mickeymac

The Stoops need to leave the Irish political stage immediately, they are an embarrassment to true Nationalists....end of.

physicist

Thanks very much! What makes you say that
The SDLP, was formed by a concensus of different parties and viewpoints across the Irish Nationalist and Social Democractic spectra. It has campaigned to defend the mandates of all parties who wish to pursue democratic means, whether they be opponents or allies.

If people feel they have something to debate by participating in these elections, and to compete represent the views of their constituents, then they should be allowed to do so in the election forum.

The SDLP went against the pact mentality in Fermanagh & South Tyrone and opposed Sinn Féin's pullout in South Belfast to ensure the provision of democratic choice.

Last edited:

physicist

The Stoops need to leave the Irish political stage immediately, they are an embarrassment to true Nationalists....end of.
So 16% of 6 county voters say differently, I don't see a United Ireland being acheived without them.

Darren H

Well, thanks for that contribution, though I must take issue with you thinking it ends the discussion. Some of us have opinions that, though open to persuasion, may not necessarily lie within your comfort zone.

Pray enlighten us as to what a true Nationalist is. I'm sure when SDLP voters realise that the party of Fitt, Mallon and Hume is not a true Nationalist party, as per your definition, they will switch to supporting the blood soaked historical revisionists of Sinn Fein or Continuity SF or I-can't-believe-it's-not-SF or whoever.

northernstar

The SDLP, was formed by a concensus of different parties and viewpoints across the Irish Nationalist and Social Democractic spectra. It has campaigned to defend the mandates of all parties who wish to pursue democratic means, whether they be opponents or allies.

If people feel they have something to debate by participating in these elections, and to compete represent the views of their constituents, then they should be allowed to do so in the election forum.

The SDLP went against the pact mentality in Fermanagh & South Tyrone and opposed Sinn Féin's pullout in South Belfast to ensure the provision of democratic choice.
That is one of most forward thinking, decent things I have ever read :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies