Anti Trump bias in the Irish Media

RasherHash

Yeah who gives a f@ck about the women, the Mulims, members of the gay community or people of colour who have witnessed their President elect abuse, bully and lie about them while he whiped up a frenzy of hate that has given legitimacy to nut jobs group like the KKK, but yeah let's focus on alleged 'groupthink' :roll:
Have we still got the kkk slur?

Clinton laughed it up with far more dedicated kkk WHITE MEN than Trump :shock:

Wagmore

Yeah who gives a f@ck about the women, the Mulims, members of the gay community or people of colour who have witnessed their President elect abuse, bully and lie about them while he whiped up a frenzy of hate that has given legitimacy to nut jobs group like the KKK, but yeah let's focus on alleged 'groupthink' :roll:
Yup, it's that simple. I care less about women, Muslims, members of the gay community and people of colour than you do because I'm calling out liberal bias in the Irish media. Case closed.

constitutionus

"the things that make him revolting to large parts of america, and the rest of the world. is what got him over the line"

PRIMETIME on trump just now.

yeah ,these lads are balanced.

:D :D :D :D

derryman

Maybe they were actually thinking "critically and independently".

If Trump is, as you claim, a "buffoon" , well his election to the most powerful office in the world is very serious indeed and is bound to cause some media concern--as it seems to have caused some concern in the wider community.

You can hardly blame the media for preferring any candidate but the "buffoon" candidate.

"Buffoon" is your own description, by the way.
Buffoon or corrupt warmonger hmm mm.

Hitchcock

RTE commented on Madame Tussaud's commissioning of Trump's figure said they are using Yak hair to create his hairstyle. Possibly unnecessary and a bit disrespectful.

I'm not a fan of Trump, and he said terrible things. but, to say Hillary lost because she is a woman, despite being the best qualified candidate ever and focusing on Trump's deplorable racism is Hubris and will guarantee that the Dems fail again.

Same as ridiculing the left parties here as Knacks and spongers. And FG focusing on GDP growth. Totally misses the point.

Meeja missing the point too completely. Sometimes it is nothing to do with Hillary being cold, or female, or a Democrat.

What rejected her has not been fully articulated , but it was not racism or sexism. Even if Trump is racist and sexist.
Clinton didn't lose because she was a woman but she was subjected to significant sexism ot least by Trump, one can condemn that without being a supporter of hers, which I'm certainly not and wouldn't have voted for her if I had a vote. Trump was guilty of developed racism, it is not hubris to do so, there is a significant undercurrent of white supremacy in his victory that is indisputable.

derryman

It's not just an anti-Trump thing, the problem is with journalism itself. Our journalists have forgotten that their role is to factually report news, and instead now see themselves as opinion formers, based on their belief that they hold the right opinions on all matters and know what is best for us. Where they ever got the idea that their opinions are of any more value than the opinions of the rest of the population quite escapes me.

I suspect that this trend is based on their wish to be the people who make the news, but they're not willing to put in the work needed to ever be real news makers. I confidentally predict that the news media will soon be dominated by the mutual reporting of the opinions of journalists by their colleagues.
You don't listen to Radio or watch TV then. Because they Always seem to be interviewing each other.

GDPR

Buffoon or corrupt warmonger hmm mm.
Oh the ggs will never ever talk about that.

Whats racism? When you really dont give a fook if hundreds and thousands of brown people are killed by nice liberals. Abroad.

[video=youtube;RM0uvgHKZe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8[/video]

Hitchcock

Yup, it's that simple. I care less about women, Muslims, members of the gay community and people of colour than you do because I'm calling out liberal bias in the Irish media. Case closed.
Perhaps you're missing the point, the issue I'm raising is your choice of priority.

There was a massive media campaign by left and right against Corbyn in the UK, I doubt you and certainly some of the pro neoliberal posters 'liking' your post were cribbing about that, it's interesting that you choose to call out such alleged bias against this bigoted, racist, xenophobic and sexist buffoon.

Sister Mercedes

The anti-American puke-fest that predated Obama went on for years. RTE were only short of mounting a statue to Carol Coleman ffs.
The Irish chattering classes cheered Coleman when she ambushed Bush in what was supposed to be a soft focus interview. And then how did they reward her ... sent her to the career oblivion of the voiceover room in Montrose.

Gin Soaked

Clinton didn't lose because she was a woman but she was subjected to significant sexism ot least by Trump, one can condemn that without being a supporter of hers, which I'm certainly not and wouldn't have voted for her if I had a vote. Trump was guilty of developed racism, it is not hubris to do so, there is a significant undercurrent of white supremacy in his victory that is indisputable.
Agreed that she got dog's abuse. On her previous performance, I didn't really rate her, but the REAL issue is the collapse of the middle class and 15 years of wars in the Middle east, in an area that American's (and no one really) likes or sees as being worth effort and, where US policy has been a complete failure.

So basically people were sick of it all.

Wagmore

Last nights Prime Time already a hoot.The Lightweight's lightweight Miriam's first question to a London based prof of politics,'Are you concerned by the prospect of a Donal Trump presidency? And if not why not?" Ok so she didn't say the second bit, but she might as well have..bleedin hilarious..that windbag barrister/irish Times columnist is part of this next discussion so should be fun.
Windbag Irish Times columnist Noel Whelan didn't disappoint. Had uttered the words "shocked," "horrified," "terrified," and "racist," before he had barely drawn his second breath. And this again in reply to the repetive "Are you concerned?" question. It was asked of every panelist. Feckin hilarious. If there was one member of the Western World who wasn't concerned by the prospect of a Trump presidency last night, RTE couldn't fine them. Where do these tax-payer funded shills get off... Thinking of tuning into tonights Prime Time for more agenda driven anti Trump garbage. Will keep yous posted

im axeled

Another circle jerk thread for the alt right wánkbags of Politics.ie. You're all going to be so sad when your hero Trump crashes and burns like one of his dodgy biznisses.
i got my kicks when h.r.c. took a day before she was able to congratulate trump, that will keep me going for some time

Jimmy Two Times

Oh the ggs will never ever talk about that.

Whats racism? When you really dont give a fook if hundreds and thousands of brown people are killed by nice liberals. Abroad.

[video=youtube;RM0uvgHKZe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8[/video]
Genuine question. Do you think Donald Trump as President is going to make things worse or better as regards American foreign policy and the death toll due to that?

Some of the comments on here, you'd swear America elected a lefty anti war politician. They elected Donald Trump, he's on record saying he will escalate "the war on terror".

Polly Ticks

to say Hillary lost because she is a woman, despite being the best qualified candidate ever and focusing on Trump's deplorable racism is Hubris and will guarantee that the Dems fail again.

Sometimes it is nothing to do with Hillary being cold, or female, or a Democrat.

What rejected her has not been fully articulated , but it was not racism or sexism. Even if Trump is racist and sexist.
Is the the Irish media line?

Christ, that idea is not taken seriously even in the US. 54% of American women voted for Clinton...hardly a ringing endorsement. All the rest are self-hating misogynists are they?

Must be something to do with local, Irish issues bleeding into the campaign.. repeal the 8th, maybe?

GDPR

Genuine question. Do you think Donald Trump as President is going to make things worse or better as regards American foreign policy and the death toll due to that?

Some of the comments on here, you'd swear America elected a lefty anti war politician. They elected Donald Trump, he's on record saying he will escalate "the war on terror".
Better, only becuae he is not fully signed up to the programme of interventionist wars which both GOP and Dem have pursued interchangeably for the last 20 years.

Also Hillary really was cruising for a show down with Russia. Her cretinous plan of enforcing a No Fly Zone over Syria, which she cannot do because Russia controls the skies, was nothing other than a massive provocation.

Shoot a Russian plane down, what then?

Wagmore

Perhaps you're missing the point, the issue I'm raising is your choice of priority.

There was a massive media campaign by left and right against Corbyn in the UK, I doubt you and certainly some of the pro neoliberal posters 'liking' your post were cribbing about that, it's interesting that you choose to call out such alleged bias against this bigoted, racist, xenophobic and sexist buffoon.
Corbyn lost all credibility with sane people with his antics on the Virgin Train. You lose all credibility with sane people with that last post,

Jimmy Two Times

i got my kicks when h.r.c. took a day before she was able to congratulate trump, that will keep me going for some time
Good for you.

When Trump comes under pressure, which he will, will he have the support of the Republican Party many of whom despise him?

Or will the GOP throw him under a bus half way through the term and put one of "their own" in the hotseat for the rest of the term instead?

derryman

Genuine answer from Derryman not Eagle. I don't know if president Trump will escalate the war in the middle east or not. I am hopeful He and Putin might work together to end it.
I am very confident that a president Clinton at best promised more of the same and at worst may have caused open conflict with Russia and that could only end one way. So I now have some hope for the future but only time can fulfil or dash it.

im axeled

The Irish chattering classes cheered Coleman when she ambushed Bush in what was supposed to be a soft focus interview. And then how did they reward her ... sent her to the career oblivion of the voiceover room in Montrose.
of course whats to be expected, the dems have the media bought for years, most of the world ape what happens in the u.s. look at all the j.low, byonce etc clones walking down any high street, tv3 has a program telling the dummed down what is happening in the imortant world of clones cloning clones

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies