• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Any predictions for the next Fianna Fail Taoiseach ?

NoPropertyTax

Looking ahead.......OK maybe a few years away, but who do people think might be the next Fianna Fail Taoiseach ?

Micheal Martin for Taoiseach, Noel Dempsey for Tánaiste

myk

Micheal Martin for Taoiseach, Noel Dempsey for Tánaiste

Ha! Whatever about Taoiseach, you guys won't have another FF Tanaiste in the foreseeable future.

Micheal Martin could be well retired by the time FF return to office.

breakingnews

Ha! Whatever about Taoiseach, you guys won't have another FF Tanaiste in the foreseeable future.

FG will be gone after one term.

sandar

I think we are in for years of elections and instability such as we had in the 1980's, but I hope not.
So the next FF Taoisecah isnt that far away in years but I think will be a newer face, probably somoen not in cabinet now.

flavirostris

Dara Calleary probably around 2023

Open Window

I believe in a future where FF are gone for good isin fact eh a real potential. However its of little solice as the Irish state is a failed state we but going through the motions at this stage.

PhoenixIreland

Website
www.huffingtonpost.com
I don't know myself, I know nothing about the insides of FF, I just hope it's not the Minister for Blasphemy and gun bans stunts.
I'd just like to say to the FFers though: have an election this time!
The last two times (I don't know about before that) it was a done deal, and look what happened! What was it people saw in Cowen? Unanimous support?? Why?? Wheres the qualities he has that make him deserve this and why are they not on display? Have a contest next time where leadership candidates actually have to give concrete reasons for why they want the job and what makes them best.

BarneyMagee

Wasn't Dermot Ahern a bit put out that he was never considered when Bertie stood down.

I bet he's glad he was looked over now.

I think it can really only be him and Martin. Either would be a relatively effective leader but they need to stay in power first.

The Party

FF is not likely to be in government 2012 tp 2017. BC will probably resign after next GE. Ordinarily the Senior members of cabinet are in the contest dont think Ahern Martin or Dempsey will get the nod. Lenihan would have a good chance. Only in cabinet 2 years and if he does well over next three years even if his decisions are though people will respect him. However, the ball is in his court.

X-ray

Mary Hanafin in about ten years

Baron von Biffo

Assuming Cowen isn't shafted til after the next election (and assuming FG don't do their traditional self destruct thing) then it will be Billy Kelleher.

Young enough to be still around after Inda's term. Not a lot happening above the shoulders and pig ignorant but has the one virtue that FF value above all - he's an absolute die-hard party tribalist.

fergalr

Yeah I'd put money on Martin. Lenihan was passed the poison chalice. Hanafin would be an interesting one, though.

Popular Threads

Most Replies