• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Anybody there?

InsideImDancing

Apparently there is serious problems with the weather, mostly in eastern NI. A few tweets.

Gerry Kelly ‏@GerryKellyMLA 3m
Just joined the blackout-black inside and white outside. Search for the flashlight was hilarious. #fb

PUP ‏@OfficialPUP 8m
Electric off now in Bloomfield / Orangefield area of East Belfast

Chris Lindsay ‏@chrislindsay_ 6m
BREAKING: ALL electricity in #Belfast is OFF, and large parts of North Down - issue with high voltage transmission network.

BBC News - Northern Ireland hit by snow, sleet and strong winds

Thought I'd start a wee thread to find out the/have a bit of craic. :)

Belfast81? CR? Ye there?

InsideImDancing

It was supposed to be a joke, it seems there really isn't anyone there.:shock:

NIE ‏@NIElectricity 16m
Major fault on the high voltage transmission network affecting Belfast & large parts of Co. Down. NIE investigating.

C

Castle Ray

Electricity was off for about ten minutes. It's back on again in east Belfast.

InsideImDancing

Electricity was off for about ten minutes. It's back on again in east Belfast.
Unlucky mate, a good power outage is always a bit of craic.:)

vinoboy

Still here ..........bottle of Fitou Reserve open and going to watch football ........now !!!

Drogheda445

We had a blackout here last night for about half an hour. No snow down here but fierce gales and heavy rain.

Very stormy weather for Spring. :?

Last edited:

belfast1981

Newcastle/Castlewellan/Dundrum/Annalong went out. back on but lights flickering and electrical appliances cutting out for a second or two still.

The Owl

between the bridges

lights are a flickering in the kingdom, but a quick flick of the whip got her indoors cycling quicker...

InsideImDancing

Sure the craic is hard to beat -you still high on paddywhackery sine the 17th ? When is the last time you had a power wattage.......oh er matron . :D
You're not very good at this drinking game are you buddy?:)

InsideImDancing

It's not that bad really. Considering getting a Hawaiian shirt on and getting the sun lounger out... #Hard-As-Nails
Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid or anything, hoil me back, HOIL ME BACK! I swear.:) #HardTicketButIKeepItQuiet.

InsideImDancing

I try to but word spreads.

Hollywood ripping off my life story with Ivan Drago didn't help either. The scoundrels.
The light just flickered there, scared the bajaysus outa me.:(