Anyone else gone past anger,despair and just doesn't care anymore?

The OD

I am that stage now. There is nothing that can done now, people are going to vote in either FG or Labour or both at the next GE.

No matter what happens, we are going to be in a very bad way for the foreseeable future and the kings of thetoric and BS, Gilmore and Kenny have no more idea what they are doing that blubber face and mr pancreatic.

jpc

Apathy is the long term plan of FF to survive. Everyone in the country must be feeling it now the government are stumbling from one crisis to another.

My signature is probably most relevant to how I feel more than ever...
Damn right as it ensures their long term economic viability and ability to dispense patronage to the supporters.
Buffoons with no horizon beyond the next election or the next challenge to their powerbase.

tempest

Anyone else gone past anger....

Beyond anger long ago, this FF government have survived so many gaffs and failures since 1987 they are bulletproof and nothing much will move them.

I understand the national apathy to our politics and the bad news fatigue as we enter year 4 of the crisis, but I am also annoyed so many here seem happy to discard our little remaining sovereignty and think the IMF have all the answers. We will still have the same politicians and broken systems after they arrive.

There are no white knights waiting in the wings, the flawed political system won't be changed by anyone other than ourselves. We have had a wake up call over the last few years and the endless analysis mean the dogs on the street now know where the flaws lie and what needs to change.

However I think much of the media continuously wallow in the mire and seem unwilling to give the opposition any chance or lend support to alternative policies that might finally effect that change. The opposition may not be impressing in the polls but we have task someone with regaining control of the country and giving hope.

Our biggest defecit is in this country is leadership to which all our problems can be traced back. A general election and a fresh start is IMO the only way to help the people and the world regain confidence in us as a nation.

olamp

I was watching VB last night when my wife commented that my outbursts at the TV during current affairs programmes seemed to have subsided.
We discussed it further and it was actually a self-realisation moment for me in that I think I have almost run out of anger and am nearly all out of despairing and I am actually nearing the stage of giving up on the country and its people!
I told my wife, that no matter what - if Bertie is elected as President of this country, us and our 2 kids are packing up and emigrating -thats if we havent already gone at that point!

Has anyone else found that they too have gone through the anger, despair and have almost given up on "good 'ol Ireland" ?
I know exactly how you feel .Having ranted and raved about the road Brian Lenihan was going down for the past 2 years ,it now seems a totally pointless exercise .There seems a certain inevitability about our loss of sovereignty now. So many people have just given up the fight -they realise that we are no longer in control of our own destiny-It might help if Lenihan and Cowen admitted this but they still would have us believe that they are in control .FF have destroyed us and I just can`t even look at any of their snivelling ,corrupt faces anymore.They are the spawn of the devil in my opinion but how in God`s name are we going to get rid of them?

The OD

However I think much of the media continuously wallow in the mire and seem unwilling to give the opposition any chance or lend support to alternative policies that might finally effect that change. The opposition may not be impressing in the polls but we have task someone with regaining control of the country and giving hope.
Until the opposition stop waffling and lay their cards out on the table properly, they will continue to get abuse and rightly so.

They are not an opposition, they are an alternative to the current crop of miscreants and are most likely just as bad if not worse.

tempest

Until the opposition stop waffling and lay their cards out on the table properly, they will continue to get abuse and rightly so.

They are not an opposition, they are an alternative to the current crop of miscreants and are most likely just as bad if not worse.
Fine so, status quo it is ...

The OD

Fine so, status quo it is ...
That's right. Do you really think Enda Kenny or Eamon Gilmore have a clue as to what to do to sort out the mess?

Status Quo sums up politics in Ireland since the beginnings of the state. Sometimes its FG with or without Labour, sometimes its Fianna Fail, with or without Labour.

It never changes, no point in getting angry anymore, no matter who is in government over the next few years, things will barely change.

neutral_lurker

I think we need someone to stand up as a spokesperson and we'll all follow but noone seems capable of doing anything -we are being abused and I think abuse victims become like this over time - passive, depressed, introspective, accepting of the situation -Battered Wife's Syndrome or such like

The term is "corruption Fatigue" and also happened to Americans under Bush's regime.

FakeViking

I don't buy into the "shure they're all the same" shtick. The reason we're in the hole we're in is that Cowen and Lenihan aren't man enough to admit their incompetence and reverse their mistakes. A new broom, on the other hand, can change direction. But it's probably too late by now.

ifreannach

That's what FF want you to do - either emigrate or not vote. You must realise that by you not voting FF devotees then rush to fill the space by turning up and voting en masse for the prospective cretin they put forward. The worst thing you can do is not vote. Hold you nose and vote for the person most likely to oust the FF cretin in your area.

Then again, looking at the news story yesterday of 3 FG TDs who claimed expenses during the ashcloud makes you realise they're just all the fcking same parasitic scum aren't they?!
the worse thing you can do is vote, it is saying i cannot think for myself and will give someone my brain for five years to talk and act fot me in some of the most important decisions to affect the country.....but hey i am a voter within a democracy and i can choose to be brain dead

Bridget558

I was watching VB last night when my wife commented that my outbursts at the TV during current affairs programmes seemed to have subsided.
We discussed it further and it was actually a self-realisation moment for me in that I think I have almost run out of anger and am nearly all out of despairing and I am actually nearing the stage of giving up on the country and its people!
I told my wife, that no matter what - if Bertie is elected as President of this country, us and our 2 kids are packing up and emigrating -thats if we havent already gone at that point!

Has anyone else found that they too have gone through the anger, despair and have almost given up on "good 'ol Ireland" ?
I agree with you, lets not forget that most irish people went with the flow with bertie ahern and elected him 3 times.

The OD

I don't buy into the "shure they're all the same" shtick. The reason we're in the hole we're in is that Cowen and Lenihan aren't man enough to admit their incompetence and reverse their mistakes. A new broom, on the other hand, can change direction. But it's probably too late by now.
I think JTbooker below hits the nail on the head.

Then again, looking at the news story yesterday of 3 FG TDs who claimed expenses during the ashcloud makes you realise they're just all the fcking same parasitic scum aren't they?!
They are not fit to walk someone's dog, let alone run a country for the benefit of its citizens.

I will have no one to vote for at the next election, hence I wont be voting. I don't care who wins the next election as they are pretty much the same. Rotten, dishonest, self serving and utterly incompetent.

derailed

Yup, I'm hearing it and feeling it.
I have lived through previous recessions, Lost everything back in the 80's, Worked like proverbial trojan, Got it all back, saved our home bla bla bla, Last year closed my business, processed the big picture, moved on, did the whole focus on quality of life and close to home important issues.
Took on board and put into practise all the positive speak, such as, walk or cycle off the stress/anxiety, cut the expenditure, which i did very drastically, I am in our home over 30 yrs, only mortgaged it 8 yrs ago for renovations.
The level of anxiety via extreme anger is lodged like a lump in my chest, I do daily battle between anger, fraustration and pretend I am keeping despair at bay.
For me its about the " GULF " the massive yawning gap between logic and the insanity being put forward in visible behaviour and non reasoning by Politicians, Last night when I read Mary Harneys statement " The amount of cuts in the Health service will be between 600k and 1 Billion " I just gave up.
I cannot emigrate, I'm trapped, Have a family member with life long illness, I no longer trust my own capacity pitted against such blatant insanity, Sorry if rant is too long.

Master Debater

I'll be voting Independent all the way. I have no intention of voting for any of the bigger parties. They're all the same

The OD

I have lived through previous recessions, Lost everything back in the 80's, Worked like proverbial trojan, Got it all back, saved our home bla bla bla, Last year closed my business, processed the big picture, moved on, did the whole focus on quality of life and close to home important issues.
Took on board and put into practise all the positive speak, such as, walk or cycle off the stress/anxiety, cut the expenditure, which i did very drastically, I am in our home over 30 yrs, only mortgaged it 8 yrs ago for renovations.
The level of anxiety via extreme anger is lodged like a lump in my chest, I do daily battle between anger, fraustration and pretend I am keeping despair at bay.
For me its about the " GULF " the massive yawning gap between logic and the insanity being put forward in visible behaviour and non reasoning by Politicians, Last night when I read Mary Harneys statement " The amount of cuts in the Health service will be between 600k and 1 Billion " I just gave up.
I cannot emigrate, I'm trapped, Have a family member with life long illness, I no longer trust my own capacity pitted against such blatant insanity, Sorry if rant is too long.
Thats not a rant. Thats a pretty measured and reasonable take on a situation being repeated the length and breath of the country by ordinary, hard working decent people who were told, time and again that their hard work would pay dividends in later life.

I truly empathise with your situation. Listening to a monster like Harney talk about cuts is enough to make anyone with a scrap of decency lose their reason.

fluffykontbiscuits

Im gone past caring at this stage , once I can pay my bills I couldnt care less and if I have enough money left for a bottle of Paddys and a crate of Miller even better !

olamp

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Please don`t lose hope --we will get rid of the `FF ers very soon and that alone will give everybody a lift.

DeputyEdo

That's what FF want you to do - either emigrate or not vote. You must realise that by you not voting FF devotees then rush to fill the space by turning up and voting en masse for the prospective cretin they put forward. The worst thing you can do is not vote. Hold you nose and vote for the person most likely to oust the FF cretin in your area.

I've always thought the same way....told people they can't moan about the government if they refuse to vote etc....but there are no parties/people I want to vote for...I can't tell one from the other. I would have been leaning to FG, but I can't vote for them now...not after the leadership debacle.....at a time when they should be pulling together to hammer FF, they decide to try and oust Enda!

Maybe the best thing to do, would be to run as an independent and vote for myself...at least I'd get 1 vote :D Or maybe set up a party..."The gravy Train" party......only in it for the cash and perks!

The OD

Maybe the best thing to do, would be to run as an independent and vote for myself...at least I'd get 1 vote :D Or maybe set up a party..."The gravy Train" party......only in it for the cash and perks!
At least we would have one honest candidate out there if you did.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies