Anyone else gone past anger,despair and just doesn't care anymore?

PUFF DADDY

Yup, I'm hearing it and feeling it.
I have lived through previous recessions, Lost everything back in the 80's, Worked like proverbial trojan, Got it all back, saved our home bla bla bla, Last year closed my business, processed the big picture, moved on, did the whole focus on quality of life and close to home important issues.
Took on board and put into practise all the positive speak, such as, walk or cycle off the stress/anxiety, cut the expenditure, which i did very drastically, I am in our home over 30 yrs, only mortgaged it 8 yrs ago for renovations.
The level of anxiety via extreme anger is lodged like a lump in my chest, I do daily battle between anger, fraustration and pretend I am keeping despair at bay.
For me its about the " GULF " the massive yawning gap between logic and the insanity being put forward in visible behaviour and non reasoning by Politicians, Last night when I read Mary Harneys statement " The amount of cuts in the Health service will be between 600k and 1 Billion " I just gave up.
I cannot emigrate, I'm trapped, Have a family member with life long illness, I no longer trust my own capacity pitted against such blatant insanity, Sorry if rant is too long.

No rant there. Similar position here, at work at mo (tg) stressed at lunchtime avoiding looking at the bills in my handbag that need to be acted on, a partner in and out of work (self employed construction), childcare fees, mortgage/ o/draft, entitled to no help etc. Feeling really low today not helping that I am now on the nico patches..fags have to go, nothing else to cutback on.

I HATE THIS COUNTRY AT THE MO, TRAPPED, F IN TRAPPED...

where is the LEADERSHIP.

nonpartyboy

Puts hand up, to be honest don't care anymore but then it's easy to say that when you saw it all coming and are reasonably well prepared. I do think we are in the calm before the storm though, we are going to be living is a very different country in 4 years time. When will the straw that breaks the camels back come, no idea but it will be something small , it always is.

turdsl

I was watching VB last night when my wife commented that my outbursts at the TV during current affairs programmes seemed to have subsided.
We discussed it further and it was actually a self-realisation moment for me in that I think I have almost run out of anger and am nearly all out of despairing and I am actually nearing the stage of giving up on the country and its people!
I told my wife, that no matter what - if Bertie is elected as President of this country, us and our 2 kids are packing up and emigrating -thats if we havent already gone at that point!

Has anyone else found that they too have gone through the anger, despair and have almost given up on "good 'ol Ireland" ?

Yes agree,100%. employ 2 people been pushed around from one Dept to another trying to do business. lost interest, too old to travel, anyone that can go now, go and stay away. Fianna Fail has brought a terminal disease on this country and as Bertie says, their testicles are spread far and wide.What they have done to this country will last for years, As Michael Noonan said, people are now past the angry stage They are just dejected and losing interest,what a way for a government to leave its people. Just after leaving a shop up town.talking to the owner, 2 girls let go. few people coming in, walking around, buying nothing. 20 taxi cars on the Taxi rank, no customers. Was in a small Town yesterday 2 grocery shops, one after closing, 2 pubs closed last year, Most people are talking about the drive in to Farmleigh,It may only be a minor thing but the perception got up peoples nose. People at the momnet are just fed up, how sad and 18%of the electorate say they will still vote for this government.

TradCat

Originally Posted by DeputyEdo
I have always voted in every election/referendum etc that I have been legally entitled to.....I'm at the stage now though, that there's a fairly good chance I wont vote at the next general election.
All the parties are full of sh1te....the politicians seem to be only in politics to line their own pockets...and the fookers who got the country to this state will live out the rest of their lives in the luxury they're used to.
One more to protest against FF. Then I'm with you because I don't expect anyone else to be very different. I'm willing to give them one chance to surprise me.

turdsl

Yup, I'm hearing it and feeling it.
I have lived through previous recessions, Lost everything back in the 80's, Worked like proverbial trojan, Got it all back, saved our home bla bla bla, Last year closed my business, processed the big picture, moved on, did the whole focus on quality of life and close to home important issues.
Took on board and put into practise all the positive speak, such as, walk or cycle off the stress/anxiety, cut the expenditure, which i did very drastically, I am in our home over 30 yrs, only mortgaged it 8 yrs ago for renovations.
The level of anxiety via extreme anger is lodged like a lump in my chest, I do daily battle between anger, fraustration and pretend I am keeping despair at bay.
For me its about the " GULF " the massive yawning gap between logic and the insanity being put forward in visible behaviour and non reasoning by Politicians, Last night when I read Mary Harneys statement " The amount of cuts in the Health service will be between 600k and 1 Billion " I just gave up.
I cannot emigrate, I'm trapped, Have a family member with life long illness, I no longer trust my own capacity pitted against such blatant insanity, Sorry if rant is too long.

I would say a a large majority of the people of Ireland agree wit you, The harm that Mary Harney has done to the health service will never be undone.

loaded32

No rant there. Similar position here, at work at mo (tg) stressed at lunchtime avoiding looking at the bills in my handbag that need to be acted on, a partner in and out of work (self employed construction), childcare fees, mortgage/ o/draft, entitled to no help etc. Feeling really low today not helping that I am now on the nico patches..fags have to go, nothing else to cutback on.

I HATE THIS COUNTRY AT THE MO, TRAPPED, F IN TRAPPED...

where is the LEADERSHIP.
Derailed and Puff Daddy....I cant say that I empathise with you both as your situations and feelings sound even worse than that of my own..but I hear you both and hope that each of your situations improve in some shape, shortly.
With regard to our feelings of desperation and "giving up" on the country however, given the response so far on this thread it does seem to be an ever-growing feeling throughout the country.
I would have always been the first advocate of "ensuring to vote". However, as I originally siad in this thread and repeated now by so many, voting again for a change of personnel only, in the same system may in fact be a complete waste of time! Its the system that is truly corrupted and broken and we have NO HOPE unless the system is fixed - so how can we fix it? The country needs hope and this can be gotten through a complete reform of the constitution and political system by way of a massive referendum! THis is the only way to progress and change and our ONLY hope as a people!
Failing such a referendum, Im wondering if a movement could be started through FB or social network, whereby the ordinary decent citizens would hijack the "status quo" of the political system by having thousands of us register to be added to the polling tickets in all our constituencies!! Coule this work and how easy, through the constitution, is it for a citizen to run for office and be added to the Voting List in their constituency?? Anybody ?

eoghanacht

the worse thing you can do is vote, it is saying i cannot think for myself and will give someone my brain for five years to talk and act fot me in some of the most important decisions to affect the country.....but hey i am a voter within a democracy and i can choose to be brain dead
Is it true that when your on the electoral register and you don't cast your vote it goes to the party with the most votes?

I always thought so, outside of any of the Referendums i've always drawn a male appendage across the ballot paper then none of the phuckers get it.

As for an alternative to our failed parlimentary Democracy may i suggest Direct Democracy, sort of a more hands on approach to running the country

roc_

I've always thought the same way....told people they can't moan about the government if they refuse to vote etc....but there are no parties/people I want to vote for...I can't tell one from the other. I would have been leaning to FG, but I can't vote for them now...not after the leadership debacle.....at a time when they should be pulling together to hammer FF, they decide to try and oust Enda!

Maybe the best thing to do, would be to run as an independent and vote for myself...at least I'd get 1 vote :D Or maybe set up a party..."The gravy Train" party......only in it for the cash and perks!
Hmm. Just throwing out a thought here - in ancient Greece, they chose representatives by lot from all citizens. ie. they basically drew straws so that they would avoid compromising representatives in terms of putting them in a position of having to grant favours to people who agreed to vote for them or fund them etc.

The other positive aspect of this was that this imposed a responsibility on each and every citizen to be capable of and active in contributing to public affairs.

Perhaps it would be better for us to revert to the idea that the 'politically active' is one who is engaged in debate, who develops his own opinions and views, and puts them forward to the public if they are strong enough? And who helps his fellow citizens develop their own opinions and views, and adds their support to them if they are convincing, logical and inspiring enough?

So, instead of going to the voting booth, instead head down to the Phoenix park, and if there's more than 50% of the voting population there, draw straws to choose the 166, and then march on the dail to instate them?

turdsl

I don't buy into the "shure they're all the same" shtick. The reason we're in the hole we're in is that Cowen and Lenihan aren't man enough to admit their incompetence and reverse their mistakes. A new broom, on the other hand, can change direction. But it's probably too late by now.
The alternative may not be great, but personally I would get satisfaction in seeing Fianna
Fail removed from power, Just looking at Willie O Dea back on TV again, Those guys just do not respect the people If I caught out out using an untrue smear to damage an opponent, Iwould be ashamed to be seen in public again. Instead we have journalists clapping him on the and saying, he will head the poll next time, not one Journalist will ask him, "How do you feel now about what you did to Mr Quinliven. This man believes he will be a minister again. So much for standards in high places

'orebel

OhMyDog

Is it true that when your on the electoral register and you don't cast your vote it goes to the party with the most votes?
Yes, absolutely, if you are registered outside a major city. The reason is demographics. Basically it's anti-rural discrimination. I heard this on Liveline.

outside of any of the Referendums i've always drawn a male appendage across the ballot paper then none of the phuckers get it.
:eek: Are you crazy?? Votes spoiled with genitalia are added to the tally for the person with the LEAST amount of votes, when they are eliminated these votes AUTOMATICALLY go to Fianna Fail, or if there is no FF candidate it goes to the party with the most votes (not including spoiled votes for this party). If this party candidate is eliminated the spoiled votes are carried forward to the next election in five years and they automatically start with them, thus "handicapping" other candidates!!

Please could everyone remember this before spoiling votes.

HTH

The OD

One more to protest against FF. Then I'm with you because I don't expect anyone else to be very different. I'm willing to give them one chance to surprise me.
You'll be disappointed.

I'm not voting anymore, it doesnt matter who gets in, it will be the same. We need to let FF keep power for another few terms, they will get so criminally complacent that eventually people will rise up and remove them by force. That's the only way I believe that will work.

Mind you, by that stage, the EU Army will probably come to their rescue. :shock2:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Yes Martin Manseragh is a joke alright, maybe that is why I felt so despondant last night. This guy has that key Fianna Fail quality, loyalty to the party above all else. His refusal to accept that government ministers are overpaid by at least 50k was just one example of the nonsense he came out with. Then he sat there smugly when he told eveyone that he actually got the train to Kerry last week for an event. Big deal! There is no hope for this country when we continue to elect tossers like him.
And Martin is probably the best of the 3 TD's in Tipp South!!!!

CnocArd

Someone mentioned that we voted in Ahern three times. Not true. FF may have been the largest party after the last election, but the combined votes for all the others was bigger. They couldn't have taken power without the Greens and most people who voted Green did so because they wanted FF out. The government we got did not reflect the wishes of the people, so the system is badly flawed. FF haven't got an overall majority since 1977 but they keep getting back into power because of our political system. Who's to say they won't form part of some other coalition after the next election? We need political reform but it won't come from politicians. Maybe Direct Democracy is worth looking at?

Disillusioned democrat

Perhaps its the case that we are all going through something similar to the seven stages of grief. They are as follows;

Shock or Disbelief
Denial
Bargaining
Guilt
Anger
Depression
Acceptance and Hope

The optimistic view is that you are on the second last stage.
Certainly over the past 12 months the government has been trying to make us all feel guilty for the state of the economy by blaming it on reckless borrowing by Joe and Joan Taxpayer-Voter that inflated the bubble. I guess they're hoping we get to acceptance and hope before GE.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
we need people to be absolutely this honest as politicians.. but if we had them, they'd be castigated as nutters

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8lUY9jS8oQ]YouTube - bulworth - tv interview - obscenity?[/ame]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies