Anyone else gone past anger,despair and just doesn't care anymore?

fluffykontbiscuits

18% of the Irish electorate when polled would still vote FF.

Just leave this place for Christ's sake if you can...
It already has have been looking at jobs in London and Brussels.....have mates in London and there is a few admin jobs in Brussels, well paid cost of living is reasonable enough.

commonman

Perhaps its the case that we are all going through something similar to the seven stages of grief. They are as follows;

Shock or Disbelief
Denial
Bargaining
Guilt
Anger
Depression
Acceptance and Hope

The optimistic view is that you are on the second last stage.
but then there is a time we have to get to it called the tipping point then we will have the seven stages of grief and vilonce :mad:

myksav

I was watching VB last night when my wife commented that my outbursts at the TV during current affairs programmes seemed to have subsided.
We discussed it further and it was actually a self-realisation moment for me in that I think I have almost run out of anger and am nearly all out of despairing and I am actually nearing the stage of giving up on the country and its people!
I told my wife, that no matter what - if Bertie is elected as President of this country, us and our 2 kids are packing up and emigrating -thats if we havent already gone at that point!

Has anyone else found that they too have gone through the anger, despair and have almost given up on "good 'ol Ireland" ?
Only last night?

Worry not, as it will remove any scales from your eyes and everything will be clearer to you now.

Though that clarity of vision will make you furious in future times, for precisely the same reasons.

slippy wicket

Maybe its just a wexford thing, but i have lately started looking longingly at bladed agricultural tools when the ff scum are on the radio talking down to us mere plebs as if we were sheep.

nonpartyboy

Hate to tell you its pure ************************************************ you are writing buddy. Stop derailing the thread...
Anybody who claims mass immigration did not contribute to our current woes is only fooling themselves , take your head out of your arse.

commonman

Maybe its just a wexford thing, but i have lately started looking longingly at bladed agricultural tools when the ff scum are on the radio talking down to us mere plebs as if we were sheep.
but we are sheep there is people out there that will vote for ff the next time because they know no better

oggy

but we are sheep there is people out there that will vote for ff the next time because they know no better
I for one am no sheep. If the Opposition could even hint at something better I would look at them seriously.
In fact its way past time the Opposition took a serious look at themselves and took their minds off FF for 5 minutes

Old Irish

I totally agree with you Oggy. The opposition spend far too much time sticking the knife in on FF than actually contributing to politics in Ireland. I really really want Fianna Fail out of government but I am also nervous about what else is coming when the opposition whoever they may be come in.

derailed

but then there is a time we have to get to it called the tipping point then we will have the seven stages of grief and vilonce :mad:
I agree there well might be a tipping point, Its gone way beyond delusional, Its as if we have in some way contributed to the vast ignorance of FF with our silence.
They seem to think they are invisible to the rest of the world, That their insatiable criteria of croneyism is recognised globally as some degree of logic, intellect and leadership..........It isn't.

Its truly bad enough that the Norweigans and the Scots must see us as Barbarians poisioning the magnificent Eagles they gave us, What must the rest of the world think of our silence ?

Maybe Pat Kenny or Vincent Browne would host a program where relevant Ministers would answer questions with a YES/NO response, Seriously cannot take any more waffling rubbish and blatant lies.

fluffykontbiscuits

Anybody who claims mass immigration did not contribute to our current woes is only fooling themselves , take your head out of your arse.
They did the jobs you and your mates wouldnt do...just because you are left scratching your hole doesnt give you an excuse to blame them

loaded32

I totally agree with you Oggy. The opposition spend far too much time sticking the knife in on FF than actually contributing to politics in Ireland. I really really want Fianna Fail out of government but I am also nervous about what else is coming when the opposition whoever they may be come in.
Fair point but this highlights and underpins 2 of my own main points :

1 - FF are no longer a republican party and have brought this country to ruin and should spend a long time to take a good look at themselves at their cumman's for a number of years to come

2 - People are unsure as to the policies and calibre of the possible incoming government in the shape of FG and Labour, however they could not possibly be any worse than FF so need to be given a chance. Howeverm in saying that, I believe the Irish people need to seek a change in the whole political system and constitution -not just the party in government! Now is the time to sort it out proper or not at all!

RyeSixSeven

I have always voted in every election/referendum etc that I have been legally entitled to.....I'm at the stage now though, that there's a fairly good chance I wont vote at the next general election. ...
This is where am at too. I have also stopped listening to Morning Ireland, probably until next year when the "billuns, billuns, billuns, cuts cuts cuts" story is spun out. Yes, I know, it will then be stories of the misery resulting.

Or perhaps I will vote but spoil it with "DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE". A lower turnout or a higher spoil rate is a message to our political representatives that they have not done a good job.

New Threads

Most Replies