• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Anyone else here cooking?

Seanie Lemass

Happy Christmas to everyone. Anyone else looking after the dinner? Military operation here with me being abandoned to look after it all until they come home from visiting!

Timing needs to be precise. Ham boiling is zero - three hours :)

Tea Party Patriot

Happy Christmas to everyone. Anyone else looking after the dinner? Military operation here with me being abandoned to look after it all until they come home from visiting!

Zero to three hours is plenty for a Ham, just eat a tiny bit every five minutes to see how cooked you like it, you could be surprised, twenty minutes might do the trick!

Seanie Lemass

Have it down to fine art Tea person!

Everything is timed off the boiling of the ham.

But I shall make subjective judgements as we proceed.

I have the aid of an attentive Westie who I'd imagine would be happy enough with everything as it is!

bob3367

Cooked the turkey last night, had to, it was feckin huge.

Got the ham and spiced beef cooked and sliced to be warmed up.

Prawn/ smoked salmon prepared, veggies getting done now.

Champagne and white wine are cooling in the fridge, with the red wine breathing.

Just need to eat the feckin thing now.

dizillusioned

What I have heard is that LOTS of wine, speeds things up. May not be good for the food, but I can imagine it most certainly will make things like military timing seem less important :)

gijoe

I cheated this year to TBH. I got a Ma O'Shalvey 1kg cooked carvery turkey for a tenner in Tesco and and ready cooked ham for €12 in Dunnes. Circa 35 minutes in the oven and all sorted! :)

Asparagus

Bolied the ham in Coke last night.
Have a syrup and mustard glaze applied - Nigellas recipe... i nearly went blind watching the christmas special :p so i hope its worth it.

Turkey is on upside down and stuffed with an orange - Jamie has me stuffing the skin with stuffing.
I will cover in streaky rashers later and make it pukka

vegetables all prepared and ready to cook -
Spuds will be mashed, Carrots and Parsnips are getting to know each other while the sprouts have been parboiled and halved and will be fired with a little chili.

Giblets and "Stuff" boiling up a gravy storm.

An Asparagus' job is never done.

Seanie Lemass

What I have heard is that LOTS of wine, speeds things up. May not be good for the food, but I can imagine it most certainly will make things like military timing seem less important :)

Vodka and grape juice serces just as well!

Gijoe, you may have the right idea! I actually enjoy it and an excellent excuse for not having to leace the house ;)

Asparagus

The Vietnam War would have been over in 3 hours if they had all drank wine first

bob3367

I cheated this year to TBH. I got a Ma O'Shalvey 1kg cooked carvery turkey for a tenner in Tesco and and ready cooked ham for €12 in Dunnes. Circa 35 minutes in the oven and all sorted! :)
Thats not cheating thats being clever....

I remember when my wife and I were starting out, we used to get the buttered turkey breast from M&S and all the trimmings.

We couldnt afford an oven, but made do with a camping oven on gas.

Asparagus

Thats not cheating thats being clever....

I remember when my wife and I were starting out, we used to get the buttered turkey breast from M&S and all the trimmings.

We couldnt afford an oven, but made do with a camping oven on gas.
The Beal Bocht thing works so much better if you weren't shopping in Marks and Sparks.

Try
"Turkey? Pah you had it easy... me and the wife used to eat stones for christmas"

:)

Tin Foil Hat

I'm cooking. Fukked up the timing as per usual.
Roast spuds are cooked - veg not even boiling yet. Arse. The roasties should always be the last thing ready.

Howya

Always liked Keith Floyd cooking - one glass of wine in the food and one for the cook!

Tin Foil Hat

Fks sake tin foil, you are letting the side down!
'The side' were happy out - even with the slightly soft roast spuds. I did a fine job, if I do say so myself.:)
'The side' can now watch me get slowly pissed on the couch for the rest of the evening.