Anyone know who the "unaffected" are? Those who will vote FF no matter what

asset test

Was thinking about the vitriol against the present incumbents. And then thought about the secrecy of the voting booth too.

There are currently very very few who will admit to voting for FF, but in my mind I'd say there are plenty who will do so, no matter what.

So who are these voters? Are they secure, rich, landowners, farmers, those who have inherited loadsa dough, pensioners who?

How could you vote FF if you are suffering? So if you do vote FF, you must be OK and can weather the coming storm just fine.

I just have a sneaky feeling that no matter what trouble we are going through, there is a cohort out there who will not be affected by the maelstrom. The above list is a start.

Anyone got any more?

firefly123

Patslatt to say the public sector in 3...2..1..!

asset test

Patslatt to say the public sector in 3...2..1..!
OK Patslatt has a fetish for PS bashing, some of which might just be warranted. Some parts deserve reform, some parts are hanging on the edge.

Maybe at one time PS were rabid FF voters, but I think not for much longer. CPA might be in place for now, but 20 odd thousand reduction in numbers coming up - and maybe paycuts again. Don't know. But maybe.

Goodbody

Those who sold land and property at inflated prices; those on the boards of bloated quangos; the entire legal profession apart from conveyancing; liquidators, receivers and examiners; RTE; the offshore oiligarchs who never paid tax here anyhow; the HSE; farmers sucking at the tit of EU subsidies; the permanent underclass on welfare during bad times and good; the teachers; the boards of banks; and funeral directors.

oggy

Its really mindboggling how dumb the ABFF are. They believe the hardnosed people who have voted FF in recent years are going to look at the other party in the country, the ABFF, and say to themselves, " Heck I have a better chance with them of putting a few bob in my pocket"
Can the ABFF not get the message that the contempt the ABFF have for FF is more than matched by the contempt FF have for them

FF people live in the real world and are not leaden down by ideologies that are as close to fantasy as you can get

oggy

Oggy will you be canvasing for FF in the January elections?
Looking forward to it as never before. Dont forget I will be looking for FF voters to talk to them. Others you just walk away from

termcg

Somehow I think his tone on the door step will be quite different to that when he can hide behind a username. Much more apologetic I imagine. I wonder would posters on p.ie be interested in having a general election debate in person or would many of the louder posters prefer to hide their face from a real debate?

firefly123

Those who sold land and property at inflated prices; those on the boards of bloated quangos; the entire legal profession apart from conveyancing; liquidators, receivers and examiners; RTE; the offshore oiligarchs who never paid tax here anyhow; the HSE; farmers sucking at the tit of EU subsidies; the permanent underclass on welfare during bad times and good; the teachers; the boards of banks; and funeral directors.
I really can't see why you would stick school teachers in amongst that list. Seriously besides the fact that you might of had a bad experience at school all the teachers I know work very hard for their students and put in long hours after school in extra curricular activity. I am sure there are many dishonourable exceptions to that but teachers see the cuts like everyone else and have taken the pay cuts doled out to all PS workers. I would put any PS earning over 125k in the pro ff camp and would imagine many of them got there because if their affiliations to the ff party anyway. Most ordinary PS are holding on by their fingertips also but some people on this site won't be happy until they are on social welfare as if that will solve the mire we are in.

termcg

You can check my posts as I have quite few, most are in energy issues and one or two trying to get people to answer honest questions when I believe they are being disingenuous and all rhetoric. Would you be interested in taking part in a general election debate in person tho?

Luigi Vampa

Looking forward to it as never before. Dont forget I will be looking for FF voters to talk to them. Others you just walk away from
In other words you cannot justify a single FF policy to anyone other than a poor brainwashed elderly FF voter.

controller

So who are these voters? Are they secure, rich, landowners, farmers, those who have inherited loadsa dough, pensioners who?
.....Anyone got any more?
People who start a conversation

Joe, I'm not a supporter of Fianna Fáil but..

Goodbody

I really can't see why you would stick school teachers in amongst that list. Seriously besides the fact that you might of had a bad experience at school all the teachers I know work very hard for their students and put in long hours after school in extra curricular activity. I am sure there are many dishonourable exceptions to that but teachers see the cuts like everyone else and have taken the pay cuts doled out to all PS workers. I would put any PS earning over 125k in the pro ff camp and would imagine many of them got there because if their affiliations to the ff party anyway. Most ordinary PS are holding on by their fingertips also but some people on this site won't be happy until they are on social welfare as if that will solve the mire we are in.
The question was to name people who are (relatively) unaffected by the economic collapse. The teachers that I know are not "holding on by their fingertips". Not by a long shot. Most are rushing to retire early and get their lump sum while it's still tax free.

wee slabber

It's almost genetic in Ireland. People vote in a visceral way. They vote for who the family has always voted for. Often it's as much to do with voting to make sure someone else doesn't get in. It's so ingrained it will take a generation to loosen it. But this catharsis is a good start to the process, I believe.

oggy

In other words you cannot justify a single FF policy to anyone other than a poor brainwashed elderly FF voter.
Are you trying to wind me up ? A simple example, under FF 1m extra people joined the workforce now why the heck would I be saying that to ABFF idiots brainwashed into misery by a collection of lunatics on message boards and elsewhere ?
In my area at local elections nearly 50% of electorate didnt vote. Any idea whats its like talking to people with no interest and the rest who hate you with a passion no matter if times are good or bad ?

SKELLY

so you will be talking to your friends and a few old farts.

Remember you are on 18%, your core vote, whats the use in talking to your die hard supporters. You know they will vote for FF.

Fianna Fail was a good party up to Sean Lemass.
After that when haughey started coming to the fore it was all downhill.

I wonder will your "friends" be opening their doors to you in february after seeing their paychecks from january?!!

controller

Any idea whats its like talking to people with no interest and the rest who hate you with a passion no matter if times are good or bad ?
I don't think that people hate Fianna Fáil per se, what they do hate is the corruption and the policy of Fianna Fáil before country...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies