• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Aodhán O'Ríordáin and Labour's Achievements.

ger12

Interesting piece today in the Sunday Business Post penned by Deputy O'Ríordáin.

The TD believes that Labour were sent into government to do one thing - "get the country back in reasonable economic fettle". He believes those who have left the parliamentary party are putting "individual interest before the national". A couple of paragraphs pointing out it was all FF's mess was followed by stating that FG/Lab have turned things around. Stablised the situation.

The promissory note deal, modest signs of domestic growth, resistance to cutting social welfare core payments, reversing min wage cut, stopping FG from dramatically reducing the public sector pay and numbers, taking 330,000 people on the lowest wages out of the tax net, are evidence of the hard working Labour TD's in this coalition. Getting people back to work, creating jobs is ongoing.

And we'll have abortion and same sex marriage.

What about it folks? Would we have seen these "achievements" without the Labour Party in government?

jmcc

Didn't Sean "SOPA" Sherlock try to save Xtra-vision? Ehhh - that's about it really. :)

commonman

But when they were in opposition, they were opposed to every thing that FF were doing. they went out looking for votes on a manifesto that was full off lies. Now they support FG in every thing they are doing, which is the same as FF were doing when they were in government.

ger12

Have their failures outweighed any "achievements"?

Socratus O' Pericles

It turned out to be Frankfurt's way after all .....................that's it really. Under promise over deliver is a rule they got assbackwards.

Northsideman

Interesting piece today in the Sunday Business Post penned by Deputy O'Ríordáin.

The TD believes that Labour were sent into government to do one thing - "get the country back in reasonable economic fettle". He believes those who have left the parliamentary party are putting "individual interest before the national". A couple of paragraphs pointing out it was all FF's mess was followed by stating that FG/Lab have turned things around. Stablised the situation.

The promissory note deal, modest signs of domestic growth, resistance to cutting social welfare core payments, reversing min wage cut, stopping FG from dramatically reducing the public sector pay and numbers, taking 330,000 people on the lowest wages out of the tax net, are evidence of the hard working Labour TD's in this coalition. Getting people back to work, creating jobs is ongoing.

And we'll have abortion and same sex marriage.

What about it folks? Would we have seen these "achievements" without the Labour Party in government?
This clown is one of my local TDs and I can tell you the locals are waiting to nail his arse next time round. Getting people back to work is totalsh1te, getting em to the airport more like. He and the rest of them lied through teeth and now he is claiming achievements, he's a conman of the highest order.

Socratus O' Pericles

I'm in Gilmore's constituency I wonder will he run again? Because I'd love it if he set his lying feet on our front step. He'd know better. When you are out there canvassing you know where not to go.

Heligoland

The promissory note deal
A late night stitch-up caused by the court case challenging the legality of the original deal, which will result in private debts being paid back by our children and grandchildren.

modest signs of domestic growth
where?

resistance to cutting social welfare core payments
not raising payments in line with inflation is the same as cutting them

reversing min wage cut
A Richard Bruton policy.

stopping FG from dramatically reducing the public sector pay and numbers
What's that threat of the pay cut by Howlin all about then?

taking 330,000 people on the lowest wages out of the tax net
Taxes are not the big issue for the low paid. The low pay is.

Getting people back to work, creating jobs is ongoing.
23% real unemployment does not look like much of a success rate.

Northsideman

I'm in Gilmore's constituency I wonder will he run again? Because I'd love it if he set his lying feet on our front step. He'd know better. When you are out there canvassing you know where not to go.
You could always hang out the red ribbons and leave the dog loose:D

ger12

They would have achieved nothing on the backbenches.
Do you believe that the "achievements" wouldn't have taken place if Labour were in opposition?

ger12

This clown is one of my local TDs and I can tell you the locals are waiting to nail his arse next time round. Getting people back to work is totalsh1te, getting em to the airport more like. He and the rest of them lied through teeth and now he is claiming achievements, he's a conman of the highest order.
So failures outweigh achievements? Bit unfair?

jmcc

You could always hang out the red ribbons and leave the dog loose:D
An elegent and ecologically friendly use for Labour - dogfood? But no self respecting dog would swallow that crap. :)

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Where the link Ger?

Any chance that this self satisfied Union puppet will lose his seat at the next election and have to go back to teaching little girls 2+2? Worst thing is this gobdaw will be certain to have a job for life no matter his performance.

Didimus

Do you believe that the "achievements" wouldn't have taken place if Labour were in opposition?
No.
FG wants faster readjustment. SW rates would have been cut across the board.
FG wanted a ration of 75:25 cuts to taxes.
First budget came in at just under 60:40, Sean Healy says it is now 66:33. Still better than 75.
Drug Task Forces have been protected, CE schemes are being defended, and much of the home help hours were restored after Labour protests.

Northsideman

So failures outweigh achievements? Bit unfair?
There are feck all achievements, the reason those I know are mad as hell is Labour lied about everything and then has the audacity to tell folk it's all for their own good whereas folk know it's for German Bank's good. But sure isn't that what you do at election time? They can spin all they want folk are not buying it and are getting madder and madder by the day, successive the polls show this.