Apocaplypse Angie

yosef shompeter

@Sweeny Todd:
What a beautiful photo! Such body language! Such group dynamic! such crowd psychology!

Multiple likes to whoever had his camera or mobile and seized and captured the moment.

yosef shompeter

Another li'l treat commin' up fer you folks. Leaves me quite astounded but it certainly does confirm the title of "Apocalypse Angie". But somehow I don't think she's done yet!

Striking for me is that the American Ambassador in Berlin would be currying favour with the "Young Turks" (sorry, Erdogan) of the German right wing.
Mention is made of the name Jens Spahn who is their leader. Name is new to me but what might be telling is that he is or was a former minister for Health, he is Catholic and his gay with an (obviously) gay partner who he doesn't seem to hide from the cameras.
If he becomes the next Kanzler -- as some have tipped him to be -- why Leo and Jens will get on like a house on fire.
Seems like Trump really wants -- like Gretta Garbo of the silent movies-- vonts to be alone. So Europe is out on its own too. The big challenge of this decade.
And the big guys and gals in Europe are meeting in Angies office to discuss what subject? Why the refugee crisis of course. But SHhhhhhh! you must not tell anyone that this is the nr 1 big ticket item! D'ya hear me?
And Horst Seehoffer and the Bavarian Brigade ain't comin' to the party!
SPD will but now they are acting like an opposition party in some cases.
Well read aways. Enjoy.

Oh incidentally. The storm clouds coming in Europe's and Ireland's direction:
Brexit, Italy and the Euro, Trump and his trade war, -- have I missed something?
Well the Trump storm seems to have made landfall first. Aaah yes! these things come from out of the corner of your mind. I would tip that the next big one might be the Ukraine, or it might be the Refugee crisis... it seems that this last is what is biggest on Angie's mind.
sounding off.

midlander12

A remarkable and wide-ranging article, which brings home among other things how pedestrian and conformist the IT is.

This is their take on the tariffs business and the G7 clash, insofar as it related to Trump and Germany:-

'Many EU partners have taken note of the fact that Trump's fight against Germany's trade surplus mirrors their own criticism of Berlin's trade practices. "It is now becoming apparent that Trump could ultimately find more success than the years of criticism of Germany's surplus from within the EU," says on EU diplomat. "Schadenfreude is certainly part of it," says a European parliamentarian.'

They go on to claim that Trump's new ambassador to Germany is close to Merkel's health minister Spahn who is one of her leading conservative rivals in the CDU, and his husband, a magazine editor. All three are gay and highly critical of Islam's influence in the world and particularly in Europe. They also report that Merkel's supposed allies in the Bavarian CSU are building close relations with Kurz and the new Austrian coalition, which takes over the EU presidency in July, at least partly with a view to influencing a new EU immigration policy.

Tacitus

The CDU has declared their full support for Merkel in the dispute with the CSU. This could get very interesting.

recedite

Angela Merkel: Clouds Cast Shadow on Chancellor's Worldview - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Makes very good reading and shows the dour view that Frau Merkel has of Europe's future.
The quote in there...
Many in the German government had hoped that Trump wouldn't be so bad once he was actually sworn in. But Merkel is no longer under any illusions. Trump is implementing his campaign promises...
Shock horror... a politician that tries to keep his campaign promises.
It reminds me of Obama's farewell tour of "liberal" capitals, with Trump in the ascendant, when Obama famously posed with Merkel and quipped "Democracy is hard work".

On the non-EU migrant camp location, I'd suspect the (possibly) newly renamed Republic of North Macedonia. Has been strangely co-operative with the EU recently, in a low key sort of way. They also prevented the migrants heading towards Germany from leaving Greece a while back, but it was never clear who paid them, or how much.

Equinox

Looks like the madness maybe ending. EU leaders are in talks to turn some non EU member European country into a migrant camp to stop them roaming around Europe. They're looking for a country that's not attractive to migrants or traffickers, seems to be one of the rougher Eastern block countries.

European leaders in talks to create migrant camp outside the EU | Daily Mail Online
AHAHhahahahahahh....

That's more pie in the sky thinking from the clueless morons that imagined a quota system would work.

No European country is signing up for this, why the hell would you create massive camps of hostile arabs and north Africans in your nation that are very pissed off to be there? The money will quickly prove no to be worth it and the populace of these nations wont tollerate it.
What happens to the ones that are considered legit (by a system wide open to abuse)? Are they going to be portioned out as quotas to Europen nations once processed? How's that working out currently? How is the migrant camp nation going to react when it can't offload the arrivals?

There's only one answer, a blockade and a back to the beach you came from policy.

yosef shompeter

A remarkable and wide-ranging article, which brings home among other things how pedestrian and conformist the IT is.

This is their take on the tariffs business and the G7 clash, insofar as it related to Trump and Germany:-

'Many EU partners have taken note of the fact that Trump's fight against Germany's trade surplus mirrors their own criticism of Berlin's trade practices. "It is now becoming apparent that Trump could ultimately find more success than the years of criticism of Germany's surplus from within the EU," says on EU diplomat. "Schadenfreude is certainly part of it," says a European parliamentarian.'

They go on to claim that Trump's new ambassador to Germany is close to Merkel's health minister Spahn who is one of her leading conservative rivals in the CDU, and his husband, a magazine editor. All three are gay and highly critical of Islam's influence in the world and particularly in Europe. They also report that Merkel's supposed allies in the Bavarian CSU are building close relations with Kurz and the new Austrian coalition, which takes over the EU presidency in July, at least partly with a view to influencing a new EU immigration policy....
First point. Is it the server's fault or the computer's fault? The like function stopped working but now it does work. The reply with quote is bandjaxed though. It only gives the opening Html tag and a few words and then cuts off dead. I have to insert it myself by hand.

Second point. My compliments on your noticing those salient points. In my excitement at discovering the article I was in a hurry to share it (and was afraid the laden would shoo me out as it was coming to closing time). What intrigues me is that this was written by der Spiegel who must have top notch red-hot info from the inside. Declan Scally of the Irish Times does some wonderful and insightful articles but he must be a one-man show over there. Der Spiegel is or used to be very much in sympathy with die Kanzlerin (Merkel). It's striking that they would publish an article like this if it didn't have a sound basis in experience and fact.

yosef shompeter

AHAHhahahahahahh....

That's more pie in the sky thinking from the clueless morons that imagined a quota system would work.

No European country is signing up for this, why the hell would you create massive camps of hostile arabs and north Africans in your nation that are very pissed off to be there? The money will quickly prove no to be worth it and the populace of these nations wont tollerate it.
What happens to the ones that are considered legit (by a system wide open to abuse)? Are they going to be portioned out as quotas to Europen nations once processed? How's that working out currently? How is the migrant camp nation going to react when it can't offload the arrivals?

There's only one answer, a blockade and a back to the beach you came from policy.
Strike me that they have already chosen Ireland -- without informing the general public about it. :|
Have you not noticed the amount of cultural enrichment of late? I hear from others up in the capital it is even more pronounced.

Grin and don't bear it.

Strike me that they have already chosen Ireland -- without informing the general public about it. :|
Have you not noticed the amount of cultural enrichment of late? I hear from others up in the capital it is even more pronounced.
The media particularly RTE have gone up several gears with the pro migrant propaganda recently. Could this be instructions from above to prepare the ground? Our politicians either don't give a toss in the usual short termist view of Irish politics, or else they are happily taking orders from the EU. They really don't care about the future either way.

Fractional Reserve

No wonder the IT approves. Sanchez has anounced a majority female cabinet. Strong suspicion this is not about talent or equality but cheap gesture politics. A stunt worthy of Trudeau, another Irish Times hero.
if he's on the same lines as Trudeau ,Spain better get the guy out and fast , he will wreck Spain

Equinox

Belive me, as somebody that has lived in Dublin City center and north of the Liffy for more then 15yrs, it's in fact been several years since it dawned on me that I'd become a minority in my own area.

midlander12

First point. Is it the server's fault or the computer's fault? The like function stopped working but now it does work. The reply with quote is bandjaxed though. It only gives the opening Html tag and a few words and then cuts off dead. I have to insert it myself by hand.

Second point. My compliments on your noticing those salient points. In my excitement at discovering the article I was in a hurry to share it (and was afraid the laden would shoo me out as it was coming to closing time). What intrigues me is that this was written by der Spiegel who must have top notch red-hot info from the inside. Declan Scally of the Irish Times does some wonderful and insightful articles but he must be a one-man show over there. Der Spiegel is or used to be very much in sympathy with die Kanzlerin (Merkel). It's striking that they would publish an article like this if it didn't have a sound basis in experience and fact.
The story seems to have moved on dramatically since yesterday, with the BBC, IT and Guardian tonight all claiming that Merkel's coalition is on the brink of collapse because of the dispute over immigration between Merkel and the CSU. This issue has been going on for a long time, but those who sneered haughtily at the installation of the new Italian govt have been proven wrong - it has already changed the balance of forces within the EU. Merkel is now isolated and even Macron appears to be trying to engineer some rapprochement with the Italians.

yosef shompeter

A bit more clarity on the spat over in Berlin between Angie and the CSU allied party led by Horst Seehofer.
Surpising as it may seem, the old Social Democrat party SPD is now down to 3rd place from the last election and probably lower in the polls (but of that I'm not sure). Striking is that the nr 2 party is AFD (yes, the far right party Alternative fuer Deutschland). They are running on an anti-immigrant platform. Don't confuse these with Adolf Hitler's old Nazi party. You just simply can't stand up on your soap-box calling for the annihilation of some group of people in this day and age -- unless you're some Muslim political grouping or run a mosque or that.
But the AFD take a hard line on immigration matters, just like the Austrians --- and the Poles, Slovaks, Hungarians, Croations... who else? America's Trump and the Australians.

But to the immediate conflict in Berlin: Bavaria faces an election in October so Seehofer is anxious to be able to profile himself as capable of dealing with Migration. Bavaria is first stop on the migrant route from Hungary and the Balkans and back in 2015/16 when the first long lines of marching lads arrived the Bavarians first came out and cheered their welcome, but within a month or two they felt very much left in the lurch by the rest of Germany trying to cope with so many new arrivals. In the meantime they are more evenly spread out among the other Bundeslaender. But if I was a refugee and you were to tell me: "Look you, were sending you over to Chemnitz or some such one-horse town with a neo-Nazi majority, I'd say yes, sir no sir, three bags full sir and pretend to go there but would come back to civilization and live in a sleeping bag in the bushes rather than go and live there.

One major sticking point is that when a refugee arrives without papers, or when he arrives and they see that he has been already granted asylum in a previous country... Seehofer says that's good enough reason to send him back but Angie says no. Accept everybody.
Is my info up to date? this thing seems to change by the day or the hour

yosef shompeter

Angie wants to call another kind sort of conference (yes, again, another one) she wants to "solve the migration problem at a European level". Well fasten your seat-belts folks. In effect this will mean equal distribution of the asylum seekers according to some criteria.
Perhaps according to GDP per capita, population of country, unemployment rate, Size (area) of country, nr of empty houses/flats -- or whatever you're having yourself.

Poor Leo, with pin to his collar on the Brexit Border matter, the Multi Nat corporation tax matter and the housing health education matter needs all the support he can get. He is in no position to argue with a big formidable woman like Angie who has out-bested many hetero jocks before her

Morgellons

From what I gather we'll find out Monday if the coalition will hold or not.

yosef shompeter

My view of things is that Germany, Italy, Sweden, perhaps Spain too and of course Greece are all chaffing at the bit trying to integrate all the new arrivals and feel an entitlement to oblige other countries such as Ireland or Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czechia to take their "fair share".
We in Ireland kind of feel hard done by bailing out bankers and bondholders (-- but lately I read that the Germans requested and were refused help with the bankrupt Depfa bank back before the crisis hit us--)
There can be little doubt that a newly arrived person/family will be dependent on social services for the first year or two. Well multiply that by whatever our quota is and that spells one big strain on the housing, surgery, school, hospital queues -- and the buses.
It will be a cold winter.

Analyzer

Will we still be able to continue call FG, "ANGELA'S ASSES" ????

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom