Apocaplypse Angie

yosef shompeter

A difficult thing to say, but that's no excuse not to say it. In my view the nrs that have come to Europe fleeing persecution and/or seeking a better life (and their grannies, brothers, sisters, wives, children, in-laws) are just the tip of the iceberg. In fact you might say the ones that arrived are the ones who had the resources to solve their own problems. But they chose to give their money to the smugglers instead.
The ones who really need help and support are the ones left over there -- because they can't afford to pay the smugglers and tickets.

Analyzer

She has a legacy of dead greek pensioners, murdered Germans, raped women, and out of pocket Irish taxpayers.

She even managed to ensure that the Euro-zone functioned as a means of preserving the wealth of the rich, and pumping out delusions for everybody else.

I expect The ISIS Times (who welcomed the policies that brought ISIS to the streets of Germany) to be in deep sorrow, that she will not continue damaging everything that she touched.

Grin and don't bear it.

She has a legacy of dead greek pensioners, murdered Germans, raped women, and out of pocket Irish taxpayers.

She even managed to ensure that the Euro-zone functioned as a means of preserving the wealth of the rich, and pumping out delusions for everybody else.

I expect The ISIS Times (who welcomed the policies that brought ISIS to the streets of Germany) to be in deep sorrow, that she will not continue damaging everything that she touched.
If she falls the IT will have a black edge around the front page in mourning. Probably a supplement as well "Hero of our times". It will devastate them.

yosef shompeter

The latest I've read is that Angela has recieved (and accepted) an ultimatum from Horst Seehofer of the CSU to the effect that any asylum seeker who is already registered previously in another EU country can be sent back there.
The papers indicate that this is a come-down for Angela and she wants to use the two weeks to arrange something with the other EU states. Somehow I don't think she will get much lee-way with the eastern countries like Orban's Hungary or the chap in Poland.
Hands up who wants to take in the surplus from Germany? You may as well put up your hand we'll be taking them anyway.

Incidentally, it's my view that a large nr of the newly arrived are the well-to-do who had the money to settle somewhere in the middle east within their own cultural setting. The prices paid to the smugglers kind of indicate as much. It's the ones that get left behind ore the ones deserving of sympathy. The amount of wealth they possess is something that should be taken into account during their court hearing. The Danish government is the only one that I've heard that consider this.
No doubt Bitcoin would be doing great business though if this policy became widespread.:-(

Shpake

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fo...ulist-tide-frustrated-young-adults-1529250781

The Force Behind Europe’s Populist Tide: Frustrated Young Adults
Struggling to find jobs, and often living at home, younger generations are propelling antiestablishment parties to new heights of power
Behind a pay wall, as it's the wall st journal, but you'll get the main gist in the first few lines: i.e. that part of the force that propelled the populist vote are the 30% of young people out of a job. This would apply more to Italy than to Germany, but how did the AFD manage to get into the German parliament?
If this "putsch" against Angela is part migration policy and part the younger German politicians shifting towards the right, bad news. On the early RTE news yer man Derek Scally from the Irish Times seemed to say the same.
It's all right for the Italians to stamp and fret about the EU or Euro. Bad news when the Germans start doing the same. They can actually afford to close it all down and walk away and they are the ones with the money. As a matter of fact if things do come to a head the next German move might be to exit the Euro and re-introduce the old D-mark.

recedite

Well of course young Germans still have probably the best job prospects in Europe, but its the youth that have suffered disproportionately by the migrant influx. Schools unable to use their gyms and halls for years because full of "refugees".
Girls told not to wear short skirts for their own safety, and no longer free to go out on their own in the evenings. Swimming pool rapes of boys. All available flats and apartments taken up, so harder for young people to leave home.

BTW don't swallow this narrative that the Germans are paying for Europe. If they went back to the D-mark, it would rapidly escalate in value because of all their exports. Their prices would then go up, and their industries would become uncompetitive, and the jobs would move back to the peripheral economies where goods would be much cheaper to produce. Thereby putting money in the pockets of Greeks, Spaniards, Portuguese and Italians.

Analyzer

If she falls the IT will have a black edge around the front page in mourning. Probably a supplement as well "Hero of our times". It will devastate them.
I don't read The ISIS Times. As far as I am concerned they can go ape, all they want.

Tacitus

Thereby putting money in the pockets of Greeks, Spaniards, Portuguese and Italians.
Sure, because that is how it was before the introduction of the Euro. The Euro is simply a convenient scapegoat for the underlying problems of the various countries.

yosef shompeter

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...urge-asylum-seekers-across-land-border-turkey
As Tensions Rise, Greeks See Sudden 90% Surge In 'Asylum-Seekers' Across Land Border With Turkey
Well the next two weeks will tell whether Angela can manage to manage the situation.
Poor Horst Seehofer CSU has the appearance of a dog who is unwilling to fight. He probably feels that he's forced into it as the AFD are getting good approvals in the polls.

So Angela is calling another "conference" or "consultations" to solve the situation. Beyond forcing the distribution of asylum-seekers among northern European countries or paying the Turks and Libyans to take more back, what else can she achieve? The summer sailing season has already begun.
Two weeks from now we'll be a little bit wiser. Her phrase of " a Europe-wide solution" is kind of telling. No?

yosef shompeter

All quiet on the Western Front, but that's only on the surface.
Angie is working feverishly in the background and seems to have reached some sort of agreement on the grand plan for Europe with Macron. Seehofer is further miffed that he was kept out of the loop.
Some talk about Angie having an informal meeting with the EU heads of State but that report seems to have disappeared.
The breach with the CSU seems to be quite serious all right. Angie's is plugging for a Europe-wide solution to the migration issue and we might know some more in two weeks time (or today when you walk down the road outside :cool: )
It seems that the Green party might lend Angie's CDU party support.
She probably realizes that after 12 years she won't be in power soon, but she has a lady in waiting in the wings who will continue her policy. Some Bavarian lady with a double barrelled name. Escapes me at the mo.

Lagertha

Today being ''refugee day'' there has been a lot of talk about the issue. I heard some utter fookwit from the UN describing the 69 million ''uprooted people'' in the world as ''refugees'' and banging on about what we should be doing for them. For a start, those people are not all refugees and secondly it is not the rest of the worlds obligation to do anything for them. The Lord, as they say, helps those that help themselves. Europe fought wars over the centuries to get where we are the majority of the 69 million aren't white, we really need to focus on why it is that those countries can't effectively govern themselves and stop giving Aid money to their dictators.

yosef shompeter

Seems like the war season has started up again in Syria and naturally the refugee season has come to Turkey -- and Greece. Of course Angie and Horst (Seehofer) probably have this information to hand faster than we do. And that must be what they and the Italians are fighting over.
I guess that they will have to start thinking hard about persuading stable countries in the Muslim sphere with money to cater for the refugees. Some liberal minded people might find this shocking. but then think of the poor ladies.

Grin and don't bear it.

There has been a real change in tone since the Italians started to look after their own interests. It is too big a nation to ignore. The immigration issue can no longer be avoided. Even the IT is being forced to address it. Still won't print any anti immigration letters though.
During the height of the immigration crisis in 2015 not one letter was published that did not suggest that Europe had won the lottery by being lucky enough to have all these doctors and engineers gracing us with their presence.

yosef shompeter

Handelsstreit: Donald Trump droht EU mit Auto-Zöllen von 20 Prozent - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Handelsstreit

US-Präsident Trump droht EU mit Strafzöllen auf Autos von 20 Prozent

Donald Trump verschärft den Handelsstreit mit der EU. Der US-Präsident kündigte auf Twitter an, Autoimporte aus der Europäischen Union mit Zöllen von 20 Prozent zu belegen.

Out wi' yer Jurmin Dickshineries youz fkn' eejits.

Seems like Angie was right with her dark forebodings about the future of Europe.
The EU imposed tariffs and whatever... quotas or something on American whiskey, Harley Davidsons, Peanut butter, bluejeans.
Now Trump has just responded with a Twitter that he's going to impose tariffs of up to 20% on German Autos and parts.

Course she had the benefit of meeting him and talking privately to him a few months back. I warn you ! This guy's for real. And if he ain't for real then he's bluffing. D'ya hear?

yosef shompeter

We certainly live in weird media landscape in these times. I was half-listening to to one of those RTE Radio 1 talk-shows last night, I think it was called "The late debate". All about immigration in Germany. It was all prim and proper and telling all the right stories. Angela Merkel did the right thing, had the situation under control, allegations that the media is not reporting on immigrant crime were strenuously denied. As a matter of fact crime statistics had fallen.
Fast-forward to today when I had the chance to take a look at the latest Stern magazine, the German weekly glossy. Not overtly political one way or the other, I would put it at more right wing, establishment, status-quo or that.
The cover story was "Das zerissene Land" The country that's torn apart. And what is it that's tearing the country apart? Migration. Photos of the big demos for and against.

But this is not the first time that you've seen competing or contradictory media reports. Recall the time International Monetary Fund came to Dublin and you had the governent flatly denying anything of the sort happening.

I came across a report on Erdogan recently, the Turkish lad -- err prezz, who's kickin' ass down that part of the world. He professes to be dead against social media. Never logs on, but he has an army of trolls employed trying to coral the herd of keyboard warriors into their alloted pen. The Chinese go one step further. They control the internet there.
Sign of the times. Is there no escape from big brother? Well you can always go out and buy a hard-copy newspaper :|
(we might have one o' them Turkish lads on here)

jmcc

Seems like Angie was right with her dark forebodings about the future of Europe.
The EU imposed tariffs and whatever... quotas or something on American whiskey, Harley Davidsons, Peanut butter, bluejeans.
Now Trump has just responded with a Twitter that he's going to impose tariffs of up to 20% on German Autos and parts.
Curtains for Merkel and her pet rat Juncker?

Analyzer

We certainly live in weird media landscape in these times. I was half-listening to to one of those RTE Radio 1 talk-shows last night, I think it was called "The late debate". All about immigration in Germany. It was all prim and proper and telling all the right stories. Angela Merkel did the right thing, had the situation under control, allegations that the media is not reporting on immigrant crime were strenuously denied. As a matter of fact crime statistics had fallen.
Fast-forward to today when I had the chance to take a look at the latest Stern magazine, the German weekly glossy. Not overtly political one way or the other, I would put it at more right wing, establishment, status-quo or that.
The cover story was "Das zerissene Land" The country that's torn apart. And what is it that's tearing the country apart? Migration. Photos of the big demos for and against.

But this is not the first time that you've seen competing or contradictory media reports. Recall the time International Monetary Fund came to Dublin and you had the governent flatly denying anything of the sort happening.

I came across a report on Erdogan recently, the Turkish lad -- err prezz, who's kickin' ass down that part of the world. He professes to be dead against social media. Never logs on, but he has an army of trolls employed trying to coral the herd of keyboard warriors into their alloted pen. The Chinese go one step further. They control the internet there.
Sign of the times. Is there no escape from big brother? Well you can always go out and buy a hard-copy newspaper :|
(we might have one o' them Turkish lads on here)
The greatest inaccuracy of all is media coverage of Angela Merkel.

In EVERY major policy issue, of serious consequence, Angela Merkel has FAILED.

It has of course been hidden my the scale of the advantage that was built up in the Shroeder years in Germany.

And now she is about to fail Germany in respect of the management of the relationship between Berlin and Washington.

Merkel is incapable of stopping in believing her own importance, and that means that Trump will continue to take aim at her.

In fact I expect Trump and Xi to do a deal. It will take a while, but they will do a deal.

Merkel is a liability, and would do Germany a favour by stepping down.

midlander12

The Telegraph is reporting tonight that Austria is threatening to reimpose border controls if Bavaria's CSU starts turning back refugees on the German/Austrian border. Apparently the Austrians are also claiming that Albania is being touted for a new migrant 'clearing area' before they are returned to Libya or wherever. Whatever the truth of this, with Merkel's chancellorship on the line. something is clearly afoot on the immigration issue:-

'Austria has threatened to reinstate border checks if Germany resorts to turning away migrants at its southern frontier, as EU leaders prepare to gather in Brussels on Sunday for a "mini summit" to address the spiraling migration crisis.

Sebastian Kurz, the Austrian Chancellor, said he "would be ready and do everything necessary to protect our borders" if Germany's hardline interior minister Horst Seehofer pushed ahead with the plan.

"That would mean securing the border on the Brenner [Pass] and other locations...[but] I want to help ensure it doesn't get that far," he added.'

Ireland is Different!

Merkel going will wake a few European leaders up. Not our own of course, that would be too much to ask.
She created this problem for herself and it's what will take her down in the end. If Europe continues to lurch to the right, then people like her have contributed greatly to it.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom