Apple to create 500 jobs in Cork

Hewson

Amidst all the gloom, a sliver of light. Apple will create 500 new posts at their Cork plant in the coming year. If it isn't the first of a few green shoots maybe it's a vote of confidence in the country's future.

hammer

Great news. The Government probably hurried this announcement through. If its over the next year fantastic. 40 new jobs a month :) :)

goosebump

Amidst all the gloom, a sliver of light. Apple will create 500 new posts at their Cork plant in the coming year. If it isn't the first of a few green shoots maybe it's a vote of confidence in the country's future.
A lot of people are going to be upset by that, and in the run up to Christmas too.

Hewson

Huh?

Anyway, this will be my excuse to buy some new apple toy. I'll be helping the country recover!
That's just Goosebump being . . . erm, Goosebump. Monsieur Zarcastique.

gijoe

If this were a true announcement the government and Cork based TD's would be all over it like a rash.

Hewson

hammer

Cool. Thanks for clarification.

Great news for Ireland.

( PS - prior to the next election there will be a lot of job announcements all around the country )

Grumpy Jack

Yes for Jobs...?

Just throwing it out there as there have been quite a few of these of late and I'd say a few more will be saved up for local FFers to announce in the middle of the GE campaign.

locke

Are these the same jobs that were being reported in the Evening Echo last week or are they on top of them? The Echo was saying that total employment at Apple was going to go over 3,000.

While the jobs are clearly welcome, there's a part of me that remembers the effect of Ford closing in Cork, that worries about 5% of the city's workforce being employed by one employer. But definitely better than not having the jobs!

cul de sac

A guy working in the stores told me earlier this year that the production of large screen iMacs currently being produced in the Czech Republic was being transferred to Cork because of quality issues there. Obviously the Irish product has a better reputation. They still produce the professional Mac Pros. Great News for the Cork workforce, if only they'd give me a job.....

DCon

If this were a true announcement the government and Cork based TD's would be all over it like a rash.
Not to mention the Green Senator

Anorakphobia

Wonderful piece of news in a sea of gloom.

Please someone confirm this is a definite starter and not rumour.

Hewson

Wonderful piece of news in a sea of gloom.

Please someone confirm this is a definite starter and not rumour.
My source inside the Company is impeccable!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies