"Ar Muin na Muice"- Gaeilge programme Near90FM podcasts

DJP

I started a thread on this in the Gaeilge forum a while ago. Our Irish language programme in Near90FM in Dublin the community radio station for North-East Dublin is broadcast every day during the week between 5.30 and 6.00 and is rebroadcast at 9.00 in the morning. I am looking after the podcasting of the interviews now for the next while and I will be doing them regularly. I should be podcasting a couple a week anyway from now on. It's up to the presenters to tell me what interviews they want podcast.

Near90FM is a very good pocket for Irish in Dublin. There are about 20 gaeilgeoirí involved with the station the head of the Co-op, Ciarán Ó Muirí, and an Irish language researcher, Ciarán Óg, doing a CES included.

Here are the two interviews I podcast today:

Máire Harrington Shell To Sea (27/1)

Cathal Ó Foirréidh Fiontar (10/2)

You can have a listen to previously podcast interviews here.

The podcasting on Near90FM is a great resource for Irish speakers and those interested in Irish/interesting topics in Irish.

Near.ie

Last edited by a moderator:

DJP

I am now, to let all of our fans know :shock: :? going to be going to the Oireachtas generally at least once a week now for the programme and also to the monthly meetings of Dublin City Council in City Hall in Dublin also, again when there are interesting topics/motions/debates happening.

Within a month of podcasting an interview for the programme we get around 100/150 listeners and that number generally goes upto around 500 after around a year. I'm not sure how many of them are listening to the whole interviews and not just the beginning but anyway the figures are great I believe for the programme. If it wasn't for our listeners on podcast I wouldn't be encouraged to be involved as much in the programme to be honest e.g. by going to the Oireachtas/DCC monthly meetings.

Cork

"Ar Muin na Muice" - Is the show available on any other radio station?

DJP

The programme is exclusive to Nearfm. You can listen to the programme online live at 5.30 every day during the week at near.ie - Home and also the following morning at 9.00.

DJP

I am going back to the station next week. My programme is current affairs. It is not definite yet whether I will be presenting a programme (I probably will) or simply doing interviews but I would appreciate any suggestions regarding interviees.

DJP

The station is a (very) good pocket for Irish speakers alright. Ten people are now working on the programme. Two people work on every programme during the week.

DJP

Well I am back with NearFM for over another month now after a three year stint with Raidió na Life for another series.

The programme is still broadcast five days a week but as seen as we are a couple of presenters down other Irish language programmes from other stations go out once or twice a week currently instead of where Ar Muin should. So basically we are looking for one or two more presenters if anyone here wants to present a programme? Or you can work on a programme instead of presenting one.

MayomanUk

Who cares about the Irish language , We in the west were exported by the government of the fifties as the unwanted which was just a follow on from the famines unwanted, What good did this Gaelic nonsense do us Connemara men or our ancestors. Most of us were at a loss entering the real world and had to re-educate ourselves . These Gaelic fanatics want to keep the Irish people in the Gombeen mentality of "Darby o gill, and his little people.

Mushroom

9 replies in 5½ years. The Near FM joint sure is jumping!

I thought that you'd that be up in Sligo with Labhras and the rest of the diddley-aye boys 'n gals, Dazzler!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies