• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Archbishop Brady talking realistically

DJP

I like Cardinal Brady in Ireland and Archbishop Martin is of course a nice guy. I am delighted to hear of him talking realistically on Marian Finucane today. I didn't hear the interview live I just read the RTÉ news website report. With nice guys in the church from top to bottom I welcome the Catholic Church and all other realistic churches playing a role nationally on all major issues nationally- of course they should be involved on issues on the ground locally also.

If a lot more of their members get involved locally in all communities and engage and speak out I for one will be delighted and agree that the Catholic Church should have a Government Ambassador.

As you may know Fianna Fáil are in favour of us having an Ambassador to the country again. If a lot more members of the Catholic Church do not engage though I for one and I know many agree will continue to think that they do not deserve an Ambassador despite having many good representatives, our Cardinal and Archbishop included.

I suppose the Catholic Church in Ireland like all churches are like the biggest political parties. The "do-ers" generally are nice but they have a lot of hangers on who give the church a bad name.

The chances of the Pope even encouraging the same hangers-on to be good, true Christians in the mold or similar to Jesus Christ himself like of Enda Kenny encouraging the hangers on in Fine Gael to be good republicans is minuscule and the Pope probably doesn't bother much with them understandably but given what Pope Francis proclaimed of what he wants the church to be like when he was ordained and the realistic talk from Archbishop Martin today I look forward to Catholic Church representatives speaking out more in the media.

Hopefully a lot more churches members will try to be good Christians because although I for one would like Micheál Martin to be our Taoiseach some day his backing of the Catholic Church having an Ambassador is a significant reason for me to not want him be as of today. I hope a lot more Catholic Church members like all churches members will try to become good Christians though and that An Taoiseach and the leaders and a lot of the members generally in all the mainstream parties engage more with the churches and respect and value their opinions.

Martin calls for education cutbacks review - RTÉ News

FrankSpeaks

Personally I dislike that despicable cunnt Brady, anyone who colludes in covering up child abuse is a bollox!

SKELLY

Brady said that he wasnt in a position to tell or warn the parents of the victims of Fr. Brendan Smyth because of the culture of the time.

Yet he persided over graphic interviews with teenage boys without the consent or knowledge of their parents.

What about your moral compass your sick ************************?!!

The man trotted out the excuse that he was but a lonely ignorant cleric in the diocese yet at that stage would have had a third level education.

He said he didnt understand with sexual abuse was but know full well what questions to ask! anal sex, buggery etc.

The man is a hyocrite and a charlatan.

The man and his organisation are beyond reproach and have zero credibility.
Jog on catholic church, your time is at an end.

Last edited:

wombat

I see the usual in depth analysis is being offered. I have a new version of turning the other cheek - ignore them:lol:

lying eyes

Well when this issue comes up in about 30 years time, the issue, being Bradys disgusting cover up of these events. We the public cannot use the excuse, THAT WE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT..........We all know now, and this excuse for a human being, is allowed to continue in office at our behest.......What does this, make us as a people.......... Sad-Sad-Sad.........

White Horse

Darren, you have created the perfect thread for bigots and Catholicphobes to spew their hatred.

The only thing they have.

jackryan

Did he have any comment to make on the millions owed by the religious orders?

Kev408

I have had my reply to Darren removed by... Guess who? Sync, natch. Let me rephrase it:

Brady and Martin were both high-powered catholic officials when the Catholic Church plc facilitated the savage abuse of children by transferring sickening, perverted priests from parish to parish. This led to more children having their vaginas and anuses raped by grown men.

GrainneDee

I have had my reply to Darren removed by... Guess who? Sync, natch. Let me rephrase it:

Brady and Martin were both high-powered catholic officials when the Catholic Church plc facilitated the savage abuse of children by transferring sickening, perverted priests from parish to parish. This led to more children having their vaginas and anuses raped by grown men.
In fairness, there is a massive difference between Brady and Martin. Martin was not involved in any way in cover ups, whereas Brady not only helped to cover up abuse, but further abused the children involved by colluding in frightening them by swearing them to secrecy.

The man is a disgrace to the church and to the office of Cardinal. Martin is a decent man doing the best he can in a difficult situation.

eyelight

I like Cardinal Brady in Ireland and Archbishop Martin is of course a nice guy. I am delighted to hear of him talking realistically on Marian Finucane today. I didn't hear the interview live I just read the RTÉ news website report. With nice guys in the church from top to bottom I welcome the Catholic Church and all other realistic churches playing a role nationally on all major issues nationally- of course they should be involved on issues on the ground locally also.

If a lot more of their members get involved locally in all communities and engage and speak out I for one will be delighted and agree that the Catholic Church should have a Government Ambassador.

As you may know Fianna Fáil are in favour of us having an Ambassador to the country again. If a lot more members of the Catholic Church do not engage though I for one and I know many agree will continue to think that they do not deserve an Ambassador despite having many good representatives, our Cardinal and Archbishop included.

I suppose the Catholic Church in Ireland like all churches are like the biggest political parties. The "do-ers" generally are nice but they have a lot of hangers on who give the church a bad name.

The chances of the Pope even encouraging the same hangers-on to be good, true Christians in the mold or similar to Jesus Christ himself like of Enda Kenny encouraging the hangers on in Fine Gael to be good republicans is minuscule and the Pope probably doesn't bother much with them understandably but given what Pope Francis proclaimed of what he wants the church to be like when he was ordained and the realistic talk from Archbishop Martin today I look forward to Catholic Church representatives speaking out more in the media.

Hopefully a lot more churches members will try to be good Christians because although I for one would like Micheál Martin to be our Taoiseach some day his backing of the Catholic Church having an Ambassador is a significant reason for me to not want him be as of today. I hope a lot more Catholic Church members like all churches members will try to become good Christians though and that An Taoiseach and the leaders and a lot of the members generally in all the mainstream parties engage more with the churches and respect and value their opinions.

Martin calls for education cutbacks review - RTÉ News
Apart from being an apologist for the Catholic Church, you seems to be also holding a torch for Fianna Fail. I suppose misery loves company. These two organisations have been the ruination of Ireland, along with that third member of the unholy trinity, the GAA.
And I thought being a fanatical Gaelgoir was your worst offence.

Last edited:

de valera's' giddy goat

the church needs to stay out of mainstream media and do what they are supposed to do, work at a local level and do good works, they are missionaries of a particular sect of christianity, they aren't celebrities

de valera's' giddy goat

Apart from being an apologist for the catholic Church, you seems to be also holding a torch for Fianna Fail. I suppose misery loves company. These two organisations have been the ruination of Ireland, along with that third member of the unholy trinity, the GAA.
And I thought being a fanatical Gaelgoir was your worst offence.
ah leave the gaa out of the trinity, only for them half the country would be obese with no exercise :)

SideysGhost

With nice guys in the church from top to bottom I welcome the Catholic Church and all other realistic churches playing a role nationally on all major issues nationally- of course they should be involved on issues on the ground locally also
You desperately need to seek help.

Radix

Brady said that he wasnt in a position to tell or warn the parents of the victims of Fr. Brendan Smyth because of the culture of the time.

Yet he persided over graphic interviews with teenage boys without the consent or knowledge of their parents.

What about your moral compass your sick ************************?!!

The man trotted out the excuse that he was but a lonely ignorant cleric in the diocese yet at that stage would have had a third level education.

He said he didnt understand with sexual abuse was but know full well what questions to ask! anal sex, buggery etc.

The man is a hyocrite and a charlatan.

The man and his organisation are beyond reproach and have zero credibility.
Jog on catholic church, your time is at an end.

I have seen this type of simplistic knee jerk response time and again on this site, but such responses offer nothing to anyone.

If we are to use your logic, then we must decry humanity itself because of the sins of humanity against humanity.

Would you ever get a life, and realise that mortal humanity has always had a tendency for weakness, played out in our individual lives and in our institutions? Our Churches are not institutions for the perfect, but rather hospitals for the imperfect.

Grow up a tad, and realise that man is imperfect but seeking perfection, however impossible that might seem to be.

Archbishop Martin did that, did he? Or have you just libelled him?