• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Are Fine Gael scraping the bottom of the barrel for negative Fianna Fail stories?

BrightDay

The Indo has been "revealing" this story for the past few days claiming that FG TD's are shocked/astounded (the usual buzzwords) at the non-performance of John Mc Guinness while his office was being refurbished.

Watchdog chief under fire for

Luxury toilet paper only in minister's

It appears to me to be a silly issue for FG to highlight unless McGuinness needs to be discredited in advance of some embarrassing (for Government) investigation by the PAC.

theloner

The barrel doesn't need scrapping until at least 2080, and even by then FF will have found some way of leaving everyone astounded.

The only reason I'm pissed off with the fact a FFer is using luxury toilet roll to clean his hole, is because of the enormous amount of sh!te they are full of.

the secretary

Height of the boom spending.
I'm sure FG would have been availing of the luxuries at that time also had they been in power.
The story is a pile of ************************e. Have they nothing else to print

Eoin Coir

Not just McGuinness, but the Bull's Office too. And of course a very expensive office for Bertie as Ex Tapiseach. And its the Indo which is a FF paper/

sic transit

More barrel scraping by the Indo I see. One of these days they may actually do some stories about events of real importance.

greengoose2

This stuff provides a smokescreen for a totally clueless gang of politicians, posing as a government. It also poses a smokescreen for the doings of FG ministers in Stubbs Gazette and "friends" of FG in high places in the Fourth Estate!

Rocky

The Indo has been "revealing" this story for the past few days claiming that FG TD's are shocked/astounded (the usual buzzwords) at the non-performance of John Mc Guinness while his office was being refurbished.

Watchdog chief under fire for

Luxury toilet paper only in minister's

It appears to me to be a silly issue for FG to highlight unless McGuinness needs to be discredited in advance of some embarrassing (for Government) investigation by the PAC.
Attacking someone for spending €250,000 refurbishing their office is scraping the barrell now?! Secondly Fine Gael do not run the Indpendent and finally what do you expect them to do, praise him for it.

Absolutely crazy post.

Spanner Island

When it comes to the eFFing traitors the bottom of the barrel is a long way down...

Plus in the unlikely event that the bottom of that particular barrel is ever reached... there's always the sewers below which I'm sure are piled high with eFFing traitor fodder...

Rev Brimstone

It IS reaching a bit, on the part of the FG spokesmen, given that they now have their snouts in the same trough.
But McGuinness has had this coming to him, having exploited ministerial office to obtain maximum luxury for himself it's a bit incongruous when he highlights "public spending waste" in his capacity as PAC chairman - he must step down, to restore integrity to the PAC

F

FunkyMonkey

When it comes to Fianna Fáil one is always scraping the bottom of the barrel. I think it's because their slimy and scummy myself.

harshreality

I dunno, I think there are plenty of barrels that have not even been mentioned yet!

punchdrunk

This stuff provides a smokescreen for a totally clueless gang of politicians, posing as a government. It also poses a smokescreen for the doings of FG ministers in Stubbs Gazette and "friends" of FG in high places in the Fourth Estate!
The clueless individuals were those in the last FF government which took the decisions which bankrupted the country. Every FF Minister who has ever served in Ireland was an angel. Will that satisfy you?

punchdrunk

And what of the clueless idiots who cheer-led them from across the house?
I would suggest that clowns like you read Richard Brutons Budget speeches warning about public expenditure. Remember when FG was ridiculed here and in the media for its Celtic Snail placards exposing the over reliance on a building boom and the neglect of the manufacturing and export sector. Go away and get the facts before you post tripe.
Read carefully the following by another poster on p.ie
http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/81108-richard-brutons-budget-speeches.html
By the way the DATE OF THE POST WAS 2009

Reck-less

Its somebody else’s fault

Any high or middle-ranking member of the PS who could have come before the Public Accounts Committee offering any of the following excuses would have been publicly excoriated and flayed alive by John McGuinness:

“We had nothing to do with the cost of it”.

“I didn't order anything and I didn't ask for any splendour”.

“Nor did I request any furniture or 'spec' any furniture”.

“I want to be clear: I had nothing to do with the cost of it”.
“I had nothing to do with the cost of it”.

“These decisions were not my responsibility; they were someone else’s”.

“It is not the job of the minister to purchase these things”.
or​
“I did not dictate the specifications, the furniture or fittings”.

“At no time did I see any costs nor was I asked to approve the details”.

“I presumed, as would be normal procedure, that department officials would oversee the costs of such projects, ensuring that they are within budget and adhering to all value-for-money guidelines”.
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you can prove anything!
[sup]1[/sup] Spending watchdog's office cost €250,000 – Fiach Kelly Political Correspondent – Independent.ie – 02 April 2013
[sup]2[/sup] McGuinness was not aware of cost of office refit – Kilkenny People – 04/04/2013
[sup]3[/sup] Luxury toilet paper only in minister's €250k office – Fiach Kelly Political Correspondent – Independent.ie – 04 April 2013
[sup]4[/sup] Bart Simpson

Ryan Tubbs

The Indo has been "revealing" this story for the past few days claiming that FG TD's are shocked/astounded (the usual buzzwords) at the non-performance of John Mc Guinness while his office was being refurbished
1) This wasn't revealed by FG. It was revealed by an Irish Indo FOI request.

2) When it comes to FF, there is no such thing as scraping the barrell. It is one big huge bottomless pit of incompetence, profligacy, and shameless hypocrisy.

IrishWelshCelt

They do the exact same with SF, the exchanges usually go as follows:

Doherty: "Taoiseach care to explain the increase in numbers signing on the live register?"

Enda: "But, but, Jean McConville!"

socmonster

I have to say I found this story to be fairly ridiculous alright. And FG's Alan Farrell questioning if FF still had confidence in McGuinness as head of the PAC - pathetic stuff, and certainly smacked of some desperate attempt to discredit McGuinness.

Despite the fervent denials (and one particularly ludicrous statement about it being a FF paper!), it's fairly widely accepted that there is a heavy pro- FG slant in the Indo.

storybud1

Morgan Kelly & McWilliams called it like it was, the whole of the Dail proved how utterly useless they were and still are. It will not change until it is performance based.

That means performance based pensions, wages, expenses, ability to appoint cronies and to sign contracts, if you are not up to the job then you should be kicked out, oh wait? I was having a lucid dream about "The 300" and forgot this is Ireland,

Imagine that scene in the film "The 300" a guy walks up to the Bert & Cowen and explains the Euro cheap money disaster before joining the Euro, the impending housing bubble mostly caused by the immigration con and open borders & greedy speculators, the banking gamblers, then Bertie kicks him down the well while screaming "THIS IS IRELAND"

Popular Threads

Most Replies