Are 'modern patriots' immune from prosecution?

Betson

I know this was not the crime of the century and a lenient enough penalty probably should have been the outcome but it was still illegal and is it usual for such a case to be stuck out completely because the judge judged her a modern patriot therefore seemingly immune from prosecution?

Camogie county lost over

Clanrickard

I know this was not the crime of the century and a lenient enough penalty probably should have been the outcome but it was still illegal and is it usual for such a case to be stuck out completely because the judge judged her a modern patriot therefore seemingly immune from prosecution?

Camogie county lost over
She should have been jailed.

Nitrogen

Camogie county lost over
If the last line is to be believed;

"The content of the document wasn't fictitious. Alternative funding was later found
."

It would seem that there was no actual intention to deceive, indeed no deception at all, and contrary to the headline, the club didn't even loose out.

Common sense decision by the judge, though I'm not sure why "patriotism" had to be invoked

Betson

If the last line is to be believed;

"The content of the document wasn't fictitious. Alternative funding was later found
."

It would seem that there was no actual intention to deceive, indeed no deception at all, and contrary to the headline, the club didn't even loose out.

Common sense decision by the judge, though I'm not sure why "patriotism" had to be invoked
There is still the small matter of a forged bank document , I think she deserved a rap on the knuckles more than anything else but can count herself very lucky that the case was struck out completely , not on any legal grounds but because the judge took a liking to her.

The fact that everything worked out in the end is neither nor there.

Windowshopper

I don't like their lack of human rights, no free speech, etc. However, I do like how China deals with the real political and economic criminals in its society:

China executes 'mafia-style' mining tycoon Liu Han - BBC News
Usually such prosecutions in dictatorships are ways of punishing those who have falling out with the local nomenklatura or even the central elite itself. Those economic criminals who toe the party line are unlikely to be prosecuted.

Mr Aphorisms

Twitter
crimesofbrits
Usually such prosecutions in dictatorships are ways of punishing those who have falling out with the local nomenklatura or even the central elite itself. Those economic criminals who toe the party line are unlikely to be prosecuted.
Indeed, but anything seriously jeopardizing the country is met with imminent execution for treason. I wonder how out of say a figure relative for China, 644 billion of private banking debt, and which 544 billion had nothing to do with the Chinese people, I wonder how the Chinese would deal with the people responsible? 700,000 Euro pensions a year and hire people responsible into new jobs? Hmmmm, I'm not sure.

But at least we have the freedom to complain about being milked.

Windowshopper

Indeed, but anything seriously jeopardizing the country is met with imminent execution for treason. I wonder how out of say a figure relative for China, 644 billion of private banking debt, and which 544 billion had nothing to do with the Chinese people, I wonder how the Chinese would deal with the people responsible? 700,000 Euro pensions a year and hire people responsible into new jobs? Hmmmm, I'm not sure.

But at least we have the freedom to complain about being milked.
No anything seen as jeopardizing the power structure is met with execution.

GDPR

Anyone done jail time for Anglo yet or any of the "Tribunals"?

Patriots all ...

Felixness

She's a grand aul GAA woman, of course she was going to get off scott free, it's disgraceful.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies