• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Are the Banks, Dáil Éireann, the PS, the Semi-States and the Media Just one big 'Clique'?

EUrJokingMeRight

Are the Banks, Dáil Éireann, the PS, the Semi-States and the Media Just one big 'Clique'?

A BIG 'Clique'...that you, the electorate, the bill and Tax payers are not part of?

It would seem to me that whilst there are many people who benefit from the above there are many more who do not.

We see Ireland regressing socially, competitively, structurally and morally as society becomes ever more polarised, but yet certain sections of society do not have to worry too much as the cost of perpetuating their existence, position, standing charges, quarterly fees, licence fees, salary scales, increment payments and pension payments will fall to you, the bill and tax payer.

How do you feel about picking up the tab for a private members club?

How do you feel about the BIG 'Clique'?

What of your children? Do they deserve to inherit bills from the BIG 'Clique'?

Do you deserve better?

Is there a barely visible but highly effective 'Clique' operating within your 'democracy'?

"Every clique is a refuge for incompetence. It fosters corruption and disloyalty, it begets cowardice, and consequently is a burden upon and a drawback to the progress of the country. Its instincts and actions are those of the pack."

What are your thoughts on the bolded statement and is there, in fact, a 'Clique'?

Last edited:

firefly123

I prefer the term Cabal thank you.

Niall Power

You are confused! its not a Democracy! its the Irish Feudal system,
bow down to your betters??

Niall Power

Look around you we have had four brutal years of recession! with more to come?
who are driving the new cars??

firefly123

Yeah it's great. Sure I'm feckin minted so I am. Recession me hole. We often get together stone cutters style and laugh and laugh whilst burning fifties for the Craic. I often meet with ministers and people in all sections of the civil service and public service where we sacrifice a private baby to our dark gods.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

A BIG 'Clique'...that you, the electorate, the bill and Tax payers are not part of?

It would seem to me that whilst there are many people who benefit from the above there are many more who do not.

We see Ireland regressing socially, competitively, structurally and morally as society becomes ever more polarised, but yet certain sections of society do not have to worry too much as the cost of perpetuating their existence, position, standing charges, quarterly fees, licence fees, salary scales, increment payments and pension payments will fall to you, the bill and tax payer.

How do you feel about picking up the tab for a private members club?

How do you feel about the BIG 'Clique'?

What of your children? Do they deserve to inherit bills from the BIG 'Clique'?

Do you deserve better?

Is there a barely visible but highly effective 'Clique' operating within your 'democracy'?

"Every clique is a refuge for incompetence. It fosters corruption and disloyalty, it begets cowardice, and consequently is a burden upon and a drawback to the progress of the country. Its instincts and actions are those of the pack."

What are your thoughts on the bolded statement and is there, in fact, a 'Clique'?
Yes there is - to the exclusion of many. I touched on the subject here and here's a great blog related to the topic.

stakerwallace

And we have a secret handshake also and wear fáinnes on our pyjamas.

Mercurial

I misread the title as "Are the blacks..."

Clearly I spend too much time on this site.

EUrJokingMeRight

Jaysus. . . And there's me thinking I was a taxpayer.
No one said you are not. As a PS worker, do you think you get good value for what you pay in tax?

Is your position protected? By Whom? To what ends?

Does it benefit you or the country to have it this way?

Is there a 'Clique'?

firefly123

No one said you are not. As a PS worker, do you think you get good value for what you pay in tax?

Is your position protected? By Whom? To what ends?

Does it benefit you or the country to have it this way?

Is there a 'Clique'?
There are many 'cliques' everywhere in every walk of life. Unfortunately.
It's human nature. If you are honest with yourself You are probably part of one. There is no huge overarching 'clique' though. It's never that simple. The VAST majority of public servants are ordinary joes with ordinary lives and are just trying to raise their kids. 2% of the PS earn over 100K. That's roughly 3000 people. The rest of us live in modest houses probably next door to you, drive 5 year old cars and are as pissed off about waste as you are. Don't perpetuate this public private mythology that makes life so much easier for those creaming it at the top.

richie268

The sad thing is the way RTE use the economic spread sheet in my opinion to justify a slanted reality for example today we heard that 10% of Fathers are unemployed and fair play to them for this news but what is lacking is the Geographical factor.
I think this State is in an awful state and this will all end in tears.
It seems to be a simple case of the haves versus the have not,s.

GDPR

Yes.

The problem with breaking it down or up, whatever way you want it, the real difficulty, is that from the inside the walls are transparent.
They, the insiders, just don't see it and I believe the vast majority of them are genuine in that.

How do you change an enemy who thinks he's your friend and no matter what you say, he's absolutely convinced he knows best?

Your signature BTW, is bollox.

EUrJokingMeRight

There are many 'cliques' everywhere in every walk of life. Unfortunately.
It's human nature. If you are honest with yourself You are probably part of one. There is no huge overarching 'clique' though. It's never that simple. The VAST majority of public servants are ordinary joes with ordinary lives and are just trying to raise their kids. 2% of the PS earn over 100K. That's roughly 3000 people. The rest of us live in modest houses probably next door to you, drive 5 year old cars and are as pissed off about waste as you are. Don't perpetuate this public private mythology that makes life so much easier for those creaming it at the top.
I mention licence fee in the thread title because it is illegal not to donate to RTE. With private media it's optional.

The Banks and the Media are private are they not?

Niall Power

The sad thing is the way RTE use the economic spread sheet in my opinion to justify a slanted reality for example today we heard that 10% of Fathers are unemployed and fair play to them for this news but what is lacking is the Geographical factor.
I think this State is in an awful state and this will all end in tears.
It seems to be a simple case of the haves versus the have not,s.
I agree with you, but the problem is that the have nots are paying for the haves?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies