• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Are the Belfast flag riots linked to the SF/IRA agenda?

johnny365

It has been obvious for some time that SF/IRA has had in operation two separate agendas in the South and in the North. It seems the agenda in the South is to legitimise the PIRA campaign and this is geared towards hi jacking the 1916 Centenary. It is comforting to know that many on p.ie in the media and in Politics will not let SF/IRA get away with the attempted re writing of history. We must never forget the depravity of the Provo’s.

The Northern agenda I believe is to attack everything Loyalist and British with the hope of removing all elements of that culture. Is the flag issue the straw that broke the camel’s back? Is it the case that SF/IRA has been slowly chipping away at loyalist tradition and this issue is where the loyalist people shout stop? Is the SF/IRA agenda indirectly responsible for the current trouble on the streets of Belfast?

Last edited:

Kev408

As there is no such organisation as SF/IRA your post is nonsense.

Iphonista

It's all Sinn Fein's fault. Everything. They're going to make it snow in England this week. Mark my words.

between the bridges

Northtipp

It has been obvious for some time that SF/IRA has had in operation two separate agendas in the South and in the North. It seems the agenda in the South is to legitimise the PIRA campaign and this is geared towards hi jacking the 1916 Centenary. It is comforting to know that many on p.ie in the media and in Politics will not let SF/IRA get away with the attempted re writing of history. We must never forget the depravity of the Provo’s.

The Northern agenda I believe is to attack everything Loyalist and British with the hope of eradicating all elements of that culture. This is the SF/IRA dream of a forced United Ireland where everyone of loyalist/Unionist tradition would be second class citizens. Is the flag issue the straw that broke the camel’s back? Is it the case that SF/IRA has been slowly chipping away at loyalist tradition and this issue is where the loyalist people shout stop? Is the SF/IRA agenda indirectly responsible for the current trouble on the streets of Belfast?
Hey, shush, I know your an apologist for Julie Livingstones killers, but hey, shush, Alliance voted this through. SF fu(krs them Allliance

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)

slippy wicket

This isn't going to end well methinks.
:runs away:

Airwave

The Northern agenda I believe is to attack everything Loyalist and British with the hope of eradicating all elements of that culture. This is the SF/IRA dream of a forced United Ireland where everyone of loyalist/Unionist tradition would be second class citizens. Is the flag issue the straw that broke the camel’s back? Is it the case that SF/IRA has been slowly chipping away at loyalist tradition and this issue is where the loyalist people shout stop? Is the SF/IRA agenda indirectly responsible for the current trouble on the streets of Belfast?
Are you on Drugs ??

vaudeville

Mattarigna

FFS, for a start, the decision made in the Belfast Council was not the one SF(and the moderate SDLP) had being after, but a comprimise with the Alliance party which the Unionist councillors refused to accept. And second, what is in it for the RIRA/CIRA to start the riots? And third, the riots were whipped up by the UUP/DUP councillors in Belfast by propaganda leaflets attacking the Alliance party, and they have now lost the run of it. And fourth, it is LOYALIST extremists that are protesting, NOT REPUBLICANS. On those four counts, your thread is rubbish.

Last edited:

borntorum

If the thread yesterday about Bacikmtrying to oppress Catholics was zooed, so should this one be likewise. Both are equally deluded paranoid nonsense

vaudeville

Considering some of those most prominent have close relations / friendships with Republicans, your OP is totally redundant.

Kev408

"the elected representatives didn't hold the real power, rather it was held by a blend of ard chomhairle and army council members: everyone was meant to be equal but in classical terms some were more equal than others."...SF MLA

BBC News - Billy Leonard's journey from RUC reservist to Sinn Fein MLA
You do realise that your quote is all in the past tense? Rather like Johnny365, who misses violence so much, you should go out and cause trouble about democratically reached decisions like the flag decision. Johnny-I-miss-death-365's post is so wrong regarding inequality in NI that it beggars belief. Support it if you will but expect to be derided.

between the bridges

On topic again btb, them young ones must be stomping around putting your head away.
their in bed so i can now engage in some reasoned debate...

Northtipp

You do realise that your quote is all in the past tense? Rather like Johnny365, who misses violence so much, you should go out and cause trouble about democratically reached decisions like the flag decision. Johnny-I-miss-death-365's post is so wrong regarding inequality in NI that it beggars belief. Support it if you will but expect to be derided.
:)

Hitch 22

I was watching Robert Kee's History of Ireland from 1981 the other night:

[video=youtube;I_OdR7phH1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OdR7phH1I[/video]

Around 49:00 Danny Morrison is asked what happens if the Brits withdraw and the loyalists tell him to get f*cked and loyalist fight for an independent Ulster he seems to take it for granted that the loyalists will see sense.
He casually brushes the obvious aside like it is nothing.
There is an interview right after him with the late John McMichael of the UDA and the father of Gary McMichael who was killed in 1987 who pretty much confirms that loyalists would fight to the death.
There is snippet with a classroom of schoolkids and they make more sense.:lol:
I don't think loyalists attitudes have changed much since.
A younger looking John Taylor MP claims in the same episode that he was committed to the Union but admits basically that if the worse came to worst he and the loyalists would fight with their backs to wall rather than join the Republic.

I would like Irish unity but I would like a peaceful transition or nothing.

Who in the South in their right mind would want to go up north in a Garda uniform or Irish Army uniform to lay down their life for the lunatics in nationalist area of Northern Ireland and get shot at and bombed by the next generations of Lenny Murphys and Johnny Adairs just so the tricolor can fly over Portadown or the Shankill Road?

I've got better things to do with my life and if I have kids one day I don't want them having to fight a civil war against northern protestants who don't want in to a UI.

If this is how they react to the lowering a flag then the Brits can keep the f*cking place.

Last edited:

johnny365

If the thread yesterday about Bacikmtrying to oppress Catholics was zooed, so should this one be likewise. Both are equally deluded paranoid nonsense
Its a valid debate in my view SF/IRA are eroding Unionist culture in the North and also seeking to legitimise the PIRA murder campaign so that they can hi jack the 1916 centenary.

between the bridges

SF man

next...

johnny365

I detest all forms of violence, I am asking the question is the SF/IRA agenda causing the current violence?