• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Are the Irish entitled to charter Derry and Belfast?

rem81

I am a staunch nationalist but I heard someone bring up the fact that Belfast was created by planters and it's made me think. Can republicans really complain of living under occupation in unionist-built cities or talking about a foreign presence when the cities wouldn't even exist without them? Yes the UI started there too but honestly it doesn't change the fact loyal prods built Belfast. It seems ungrateful to live in a place they built up and complain about them or brag about a nationalist majority in that same city when it wouldn't exist without their help.

RasherHash

I think i speak for us all when I say eh?

Both cities founded in 1547?
Exactly, it's revisionist bullcrap to excise the Irish towns, villages, settlements, monasteries and so on and pretend we need foreign scum to civilise us.

I think we should agree that all who came before us contributed to the growth of our cities and stop using history to diss one another.

PBP voter

"Are the Irish"

Slip of the tongue from a plastic methinks.

Talk Back

I am a staunch nationalist but I heard someone bring up the fact that Belfast was created by planters and it's made me think. Can republicans really complain of living under occupation in unionist-built cities or talking about a foreign presence when the cities wouldn't even exist without them? Yes the UI started there too but honestly it doesn't change the fact loyal prods built Belfast. It seems ungrateful to live in a place they built up and complain about them or brag about a nationalist majority in that same city when it wouldn't exist without their help.
Béal Feirsde existed before the foreigners stole it.

Nothing in any part of Ireland has anything to do with the foreigners - other than the Unionists are squatting on Irish land they stole from us.

rem81

Nothing in any part of Ireland has anything to do with the foreigners - other than the Unionists are squatting on Irish land they stole from us.
Chicester established it being the modern town... do you have any information on how Belfast was before the invasion?

londonpride

Normans, Vikings,Celts are foreigners you idiot. Have you ever taken a DNA test, Take one ,You may get a surprise.

My DNA is Irish ,Scot and welsh. Whats yours.

danger here

I read quite a bit on the Plantation, Flight of the Earls ect. This would be a little like saying that native Americans are not particularly entitled because they didn't build all the shops on 5th Avenue.

Talk Back

Normans, Vikings,Celts are foreigners you idiot. Have you ever taken a DNA test, Take one ,You may get a surprise.

My DNA is Irish ,Scot and welsh. Whats yours.
Here moron - we can all go back to Adam and Eve.

The salient point here is that our Gaelic political and social order, and associated culture, originated/evolved in Ireland during prehistoric times - our Irish language in writing is the oldest vernacular literature in Western Europe.

We Irish are Gaels, and our country is named in our stead. We are a distinct people - and our country is one of the oldest in the world.

The Normans and Vikings assimilated into Irish society - the thieving Planters have not.

Unless and until the Unionists obey the democratic will of the Irish people, and assimilate into Irish society, they are still foreigners in Ireland - still occupying part of our country in another country's name - still holding Ireland back in the same way they always have, since they first stole Irish land from us Irish people.

rem81

The salient point here is that our Gaelic political and social order, and associated culture, originated/evolved in Ireland during prehistoric times - our Irish language in writing is the oldest vernacular literature in Western Europe.

We Irish are Gaels, and our country is named in our stead. We are a distinct people - and our country is one of the oldest in the world.

The Normans and Vikings assimilated into Irish society - the thieving Planters have not.

Unless and until the Unionists obey the democratic will of the Irish people, and assimilate into Irish society, they are still foreigners in Ireland - still occupying part of our country in another country's name - still holding Ireland back in the same way they always have, since they first stole Irish land from us Irish people.
What do you say of the loyalist claim that most of the Irish surnames ending with O's are no longer in Ireland but in Aus, USA UK etc and therefore the remaining men native to the island have foreign ancestry?

runwiththewind

What do you say of the loyalist claim that most of the Irish surnames ending with O's are no longer in Ireland but in Aus, USA UK etc and therefore the remaining men native to the island have foreign ancestry?

Ethnic cleansing does normally produce refugess and God knows colonial rule created millions of Irish refugees.

Not all Irish surnames begin with O', though O'Neill is probably the only Irish surname loyalists with first names like Ryan and Brian know.

Educated people do not pay any heed to loyalist history as it rarely contains a kernel of truth.

Makey up stuff becomes loyalist truth.

rem81

Ethnic cleansing does normally produce refugess and God knows colonial rule created millions of Irish refugees.

Not all Irish surnames begin with O', though O'Neill is probably the only Irish surname loyalists with first names like Ryan and Brian know.

Educated people do not pay any heed to loyalist history as it rarely contains a kernel of truth.

Makey up stuff becomes loyalist truth.
cheers

Fr Dougal

Rem81.Will you stop winding up The Bhoys.
Show some pity.:rolleyes2:

rem81

londonpride

Agree 100%, As a native born Irishman forced to emigrate to escape poverty and a very abusive upbringing from mostly Irish speaking Priests and teachers ,
However those Planters are a different type of foreigner , They refuse to belong to what the majority voted for , A Republic. Sadly they show no sign of ever changing. They are Followers of that Poof Jesus and saturated in hatred.

As for foreigners , The more foreigners we accept in Ireland the better off we shall become , Otherwise we,as is becoming to be known in Europe as being the most racist country in the EU.

I do not consider myself as being a foreigner or have never been treated as a foreigner by living in London .
My DNA proves that i am more Gael than many living in Ireland today.

bang bang

Well said TB.

Popular Threads

Most Replies