Are the Irish entitled to charter Derry and Belfast?

Talk Back

The Treaty of Windsor established Rory's kingdom as a vassal state of England. This did not include Leinster.

Where is this sovereign all island kingdom of Ireland you speak of, and when did it exist?
No it didn't fool, as the treaty of Windsor (1175) did not give all of Ireland to England
- read post 98 above and learn.

The historical fact remains - the king of England, Henry II, signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) with the High King of Ireland, Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair - which recognised the country Ireland, as being one entity - and the Kingdom of Ireland, as having one High King.

Treaties are signed between heads of State and countries.

Suck it up.

Lord Talbot

No it didn't fool - read post 98 above and learn.

The historical fact remains - the king of England, Henry II, signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) with the High King of Ireland, Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair - which recognised the country Ireland, as being one entity - and the Kingdom of Ireland, as having one High King.

Suck it up.
The Treaty of Windsor effectively partitioned Ireland, with Rory installed as Henry's vassal outside Leinster.

There is nothing in the treaty about a sovereign all island kingdom of Ireland.

There's nothing to suck up.

Lord Talbot

Even the enemy king of England, Henry II, who signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) with the High King of Ireland, Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair - recognised the country Ireland, as being one entity - and the Kingdom of Ireland, as having one High King - Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair.
He didn't though. Quote me the part of the treaty which says that.

Talk Back

He didn't though. Quote me the part of that treaty which says that.
He did though - quote me the part of that treaty which says he didn't???

The historical fact remains - in order for England to make treaties lawful with other countries, England, as in Ireland's case, had to legally recognise the reality that Ireland was one Nation and Kingdom ruled by one undisputed and unopposed High King.

England recognised this fact before England signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) - in order to sign the treaty.

Treaties are signed between Heads of State and Countries.

Anyway, England then broke the treaty - making the treaty null and void.

England has NO mandate in Ireland - it never had.

Mickeymac

The historical fact remains - in order for England to make treaties lawful with other countries, England, as in Ireland's case, had to legally recognise the reality that Ireland was one Nation and Kingdom ruled by one undisputed and unopposed High King.

England recognised this fact before England signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) - in order to sign the treaty.

Treaties are signed between Heads of State and Countries.

Anyway, England then broke the treaty - making the treaty null and void.

England has NO mandate in Ireland - it never had.

The sooner idiots get that into their heads the better for everyone.

Talk Back

The sooner idiots get that into their heads the better for everyone.
I think what is bothering the anglophiles here is that Ireland is one of the oldest countries in the world - and England is just a 10th century upstart.

The historical facts do not fit in with these anglophiles "Giraldus Cambrensis" racist book of lies, view of Ireland.

Lord Talbot

WTF?? You can't prove a negative. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Show me where the treaty acknowledges Ireland as a single kingdom, or sit down.

Talk Back

WTF?? You can't prove a negative. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Show me where the treaty acknowledges Ireland as a single kingdom, or sit down.
Here fool - what part of "In order for England to make treaties lawful with other countries, England, as in Ireland's case, had to legally recognise the reality that Ireland was one Nation and Kingdom ruled by one undisputed and unopposed High King.

England recognised this fact before England signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) - in order to sign the treaty."
do you not understand???

The king of England, Henry II, did not sign the treaty with a multitude of Irish Ri's - he signed the treaty of Windsor (1175) with the High King of Ireland, Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair - which recognised the country Ireland, as being one entity - and the Kingdom of Ireland, as having one High King.

Suck it up.

Last edited:

Mickeymac

I think what is bothering the anglophiles here is that Ireland is one of the oldest countries in the world - and England is just a 10th century upstart.

The historical facts do not fit in with these anglophiles "Giraldus Cambrensis" racist book of lies, view of Ireland.

They live in their crazy title World called sh1t sir, explains quite a lot of their words and deeds.

Newrybhoy

You'd think if you were " one of the oldest countries in the World" that you would have achieved something, anything.

Gaelic culture is unknown outside Ireland and a few pubs scattered around the World.

Nobody cares.

It's irrelevant.

McSlaggart

You'd think if you were " one of the oldest countries in the World" that you would have achieved something, anything.

Gaelic culture is unknown outside Ireland and a few pubs scattered around the World.

Nobody cares.

It's irrelevant.
If your assertion was true why should anyone care?

Mickeymac

Nobody cares.

It's irrelevant.

Better than banging drums, painting kerbs, building dopey arches/bonfires, dressing up in ill fitting clothes together with silly little hats, getting drunk and for music entertainment listen to the spice girls.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
None of that cultural reference means there was an independent Kingdom of Ireland.

German culture goes back millenia too, but the German state only came about in the 19th century.

The Arabs saved western culture by preserving classical texts and spreading them up into Spain.

Dry your eyes.
Mm. I seem to remember some had to be borrowed for England from German states. So they went from a line of monarchs who spoke only French for hundreds of years to a group of Hanoverians who spoke halting English with a heavy German accent. And promptly went on to learn syphilis much faster than they learned English.

In fact I recall reading that 'received English' as spoken now by generations of gels who worked at the BBC is a direct result of the strangulated form of English that the Hanoverians could manage at court.

They still pronounce 'CAT' as 'CYAT'.

There is no letter 'y' in 'cat'.

Lord Talbot

Mm. I seem to remember some had to be borrowed for England from German states. So they went from a line of monarchs who spoke only French for hundreds of years to a group of Hanoverians who spoke halting English with a heavy German accent. And promptly went on to learn syphilis much faster than they learned English.

In fact I recall reading that 'received English' as spoken now by generations of gels who worked at the BBC is a direct result of the strangulated form of English that the Hanoverians could manage at court.

They still pronounce 'CAT' as 'CYAT'.

There is no letter 'y' in 'cat'.
Sounds like a Fermanagh accent to me...

death or glory

Free lessons given to clueless AH's was always something I strongly disagreed with on here sir.
I see the pot chatting to the kettle here.

londonpride

If Irish culture and language is so great and illuminating , Why is it that 90% of the population just ignore it.

Having brought up and saturated in this backward culture ,I like most emigrants are glad to be away from it.

Usually go to Ireland for summer holidays and spend lots of time in Meath ,Louth, Dublin and Galway , and never have i heard anyone converse in Irish.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies