Are the new Irish prospering in Ireland as much as Irish People?

Hans Von Horn

Do we have an effective way of measuring the degree to which the new Irish Residents are achieving self sufficiency in terms of accessing job and business opportunities, and meeting their housing needs through self sufficiency?

While we have many highly skilled overseas workers who fill skills gaps in the Labour market, to what extent are foreign workers attracted, to fill jobs that compete with Irish workers, not on the basis of higher skills, but on the basis of lower cost?

What are the extent of public housing needs, of some of the new Irish Residents?

Are overs seas workers raising the average earnings of workers or lowering them?

What factors inhibit self sufficiency of the new Irish, discrimination, language skill deficit, skill deficit, or motivation?

ger12

Why does it matter?

Hans Von Horn

Why does it matter?
It matters. If they are not achieving self sufficiency without undermining the prosperity of Irish People we must drastically reduce the numbers coming here, and deport more.

ger12

It matters. If they are not achieving self sufficiency without undermining the prosperity of Irish People we must drastically reduce the numbers coming here, and deport more.
Should we apply your logic to everyone? (Irish born included)

Spanner Island

I think you need to reconstruct that bullsh!t as it makes no sense...

I think I know where you went wrong but I'll leave it to you to figure out...

amist4

Should we apply your logic to everyone? (Irish born included)
Sure, after all, it's entirely logical to suggest deporting Irish citizens from Ireland to Ireland.

Boy M5

John Rocha? The Beshoffs? The Hugenots? The Quakers like the Goodbodys, the Bewleys? The Quakers were particularly good during the famine.
Maybe the Normans - like Tom Barry and Kevin Barry? Like Edward FitzGerald? Or Joseph Plunkett? Or the Birmingham monumental masons like Padraig Pearse's dad?
Or that Nega girl from love hate that Streep praised? I bet ye fellas can have hours of fun with her family name.

I do wonder if ye fellas are Irish?

Ye'll likely have to google this:

"oblivious of the differences carefully fostered by an alien Government, which have divided a minority from the majority in the past"

Truth.ie

You have to wonder what the unemployment figures would be without mass immigration?
How long would the housing waiting list be?
Hospital standards? Hospital beds available?
Ireland is twice as densely populated as the USA with a huge chunk of it's tax paying, hardworking native youth leaving.
I dont see how its sustainable.

Truth.ie

John Rocha? The Beshoffs? The Hugenots? The Quakers like the Goodbodys, the Bewleys? The Quakers were particularly good during the famine.
Maybe the Normans - like Tom Barry and Kevin Barry? Like Edward FitzGerald? Or Joseph Plunkett? Or the Birmingham monumental masons like Padraig Pearse's dad?
Or that Nega girl from love hate that Streep praised? I bet ye fellas can have hours of fun with her family name.

I do wonder if ye fellas are Irish?

Ye'll likely have to google this:

"oblivious of the differences carefully fostered by an alien Government, which have divided a minority from the majority in the past"
Nothing in the past has compared to the rate and speed of immigration in the last 10-20 years.
Apart from the Plantation maybe.....which was more of an invasion and occurred over decades not years.

O

Oscurito

It's purely anecdotal, of course. However, my impression is that in what might be loosely called the "handyman sector", the "new Irish" (especially east Europeans) are outperforming the "not new Irish" on greater reliability rather than on lower cost.

**plumbers, electricians, decorators, plasterers, small-scale builders etc.

Boy M5

You have to wonder what the unemployment figures would be without mass immigration?
Ireland is twice as densely populated as the USA with a huge chunk of it's tax paying, hardworking native youth leaving.
How about all the nice muslim doctors keeping the HSE functioning whilst Irish medics are off earning money out foreign?

Spanner Island

Well seeing as Irish people don't have the skills that many of the MNCs require - we're abysmal at languages for example... who knows?

The MNCs wouldn't be here and nor would a lot of their employees paying taxes etc. and collectively being a net asset to this country... as in they contribute more than they take overall.

Who knows? You certainly don't. Nor does anyone...

Probably as crap or even crapper than they are now... without all the taxes from MNC activity and the 100s of thousands of indigenous jobs and companies they support...

There's states in America that are deserted... Ireland is smaller than Maine FFS... :roll:

You're some tool.

Boy M5

It's purely anecdotal, of course. However, my impression is that in what might be loosely called the "handyman sector", the "new Irish" (especially east Europeans) are outperforming the "not new Irish" on greater reliability rather than on lower cost.

Ironic really. Given that the Irish were the men who built Britain. Literally.

Boy M5

Well seeing as Irish people don't have the skills that many of the MNCs require - we're abysmal at languages for example... who knows?

The MNCs wouldn't be here and nor would a lot of the employees.

Probably as crap or even crapper than they are now... without all the taxes from MNC activity and the 100s of thousands of indigenous jobs and companies they support...

There's states in America that are deserted... Ireland is smaller than Maine FFS... :roll:

You're some tool.
Tools are practical and have uses.

Truth.ie

And this is a good thing how exactly?
Notice how the Public Sector, RTE, the protected classes have ring-fenced all their jobs.

I'm quite sure there is a Polish girl out there who could read the weather forecast or a news autocue for 500 euros a week. Better than anyone on RTE. But those jobs and jobs on the quangos etc are all ringfenced and protected.
It's only the working class who are at the coalface and having to compete for a living.

Boy M5

Nothing in the past has compared to the rate and speed of immigration in the last 10-20 years.
Apart from the Plantation maybe.....which was more of an invasion and occurred over decades not years.
Ah. You can make a reasoned point without, explicit, racism.

However, it doesn't answer my substantive point - that immigrants and children of immigrants have served Ireland and served it - us well.

Truth.ie

The MNCs wouldn't be here and nor would a lot of their employees paying taxes etc. and collectively being a net asset to this country... as in they contribute more than they take overall.

You're some tool.
Well considering around 50% of the Dublin housing list are from outside Ireland would you care to take an educated guess on how it would look if we had controlled immigration? i.e letting in educated and hardworking immigrants and keeping the scammers, thieves and useless out.

Truth.ie

You're some tool.
My point was that the US is less sparcely populated than Ireland and is a Superpower.....but they cant cope with open borders.
So how does one expect Ireland to cope.
Debate without the insults or it ends here.

Boy M5

And this is a good thing how exactly?
Notice how the Public Sector, RTE, the protected classes have ring-fenced all their jobs.

I'm quite sure there is a Polish girl out there who could read the weather forecast or a news autocue for 500 euros a week. Better than anyone on RTE. But those jobs and jobs on the quangos etc are all ringfenced and protected.
It's only the working class who are at the coalface and having to compete for a living.
Fool.

Met Éireann employs qualified metreologists from the European mainland including Dr Harm Lucx - who is married to a Donegal woman & Dr Clara Finkele.

New Threads

Most Replies