• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Are We Held Hostage By Bankers? No Cuts For Richie Boucher At Bank of Ireland

EUrJokingMeRight

Well you see we HAD to bail out the banks so depositors would not lose their money.

Now the ECB has said that depositors can expect to lose their deposits aftr the banks have been bailed out.

So the banks can take your deposits, without offsetting the stolen deposits off monies owed to the bank and you will STILL owe them what you owe them, even if they take €900,000 off you and you only owed €50,000.

This is the EU you voted for so 'shurrup'!

daveL

Richie Boucher's pay package is well above €800,000 well above the €500,000 pay cap plea introduced by Noonan. Boucher refuses to take any more reductions his remuneration package. And what does the Minister do?

Why is Boucher one of the lending architects of the Irish bubble still allowed to continue to ruin our banks?
There are two things that the government must do over the next few weeks if they want to maintain any credibility whatsoever

The first one is to oppose outright any increases in Richie Boucher's salary; publicly and unequivocally.

The second one is to be a little more forceful with public sector unions than running down to the Labour commission in the hope that they can rescue what is clearly a dead duck

Spanner Island

The answer to the Q is Yes...

The banks now rule the f***ing world thanks to the total failure to deal with them the way they should have been dealt with back in 2008...

They've been bailed out and instead of pumping all that bailout money into the economy where it was supposed to go... they've simply hoarded it or shoved it into Government bonds etc...

Their arrogance has returned with a vengeance (if it ever left)...

It's a travesty what's happened... but it has happened and it continues... a massive global fraud being perpetrated by governments and banks and the top 5% on the rest of us...

eoghanacht

Jaysus I hope my son is good with numbers.

Bankings where's it at people. Apart from a soccer player it's the only job where you can behave like a major sh!te and get paid more.

RobertW

The second one is to be a little more forceful with public sector unions than running down to the Labour commission in the hope that they can rescue what is clearly a dead duck
It's the government who are coming cap-in-hand looking for a deal.. . . .They tried being "forceful". It didn't work.

newport2

Bankings where's it at people. Apart from a soccer player it's the only job where you can behave like a major sh!te and get paid more.
You don't have to be good with numbers to be a banker

tipp revolution

Aye the truth hurts especially when there's teeth involved....

eoghanacht

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

There are two things that the government must do over the next few weeks if they want to maintain any credibility whatsoever

The first one is to oppose outright any increases in Richie Boucher's salary; publicly and unequivocally.

why do we keep him? is that an example of it takes a thief to catch a thief?

Clanrickard

Richie Boucher's pay package is well above €800,000 well above the €500,000 pay cap plea introduced by Noonan. Boucher refuses to take any more reductions his remuneration package. And what does the Minister do?

Why is Boucher one of the lending architects of the Irish bubble still allowed to continue to ruin our banks?
Is there are more compliant wimpy Minister of Finance in Europe than Noonan. The banks, the bondholders, the Troika and others have run rings around him.

Aristodemus

Seems that Noonan has no interest in the remuneration of bankers yet takes a keen interest in the remuneration of public servants. How odd.

carlovian

I think Bertie Ahern would beg to differ.

eoghanacht

tigerben

Mary Lou giving Kenny a good amount of well deserved grief over this!

Spanner Island

FFS... There can be no claims made now that this (Boucher's pay) is part of anyone's contract if it's now up for approval...

FG and Noonan are a feckin' disgrace...

They should be cutting the sh!t out of Boucher's renumeration and voting accordingly, and if Boucher doesn't like it then Boucher can f*** off...

I'd like to see how many banks or financial institutions would be queuing up for Boucher and his 'skills' if he did f*** off... I suspect not very many...

Why he is still in situ having been at the heart of BoI throughout the shambles is also infuriating...

If law and order seriously breaks down in this country nobody should be surprised in the least when sh!t like this persists with no sign of it ending...

Talk about rubbing our noses in it...

Crazy horse 6

Only a complete fool would think the government controls the country, the bankers call the shots and always will as long as the electorate continue to vote in the same right wing corrupt political parties.

daveL

It's the government who are coming cap-in-hand looking for a deal.. . . .They tried being "forceful". It didn't work.
no... they didn't

An Irish government has never been forceful with an Irish Union

Much as you like to delude yourself otherwise.