• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Are we racist?

iceman

Sitting in my Local last night with a good pal of mine having a couple of pints when i hear "these niggers (only stating what was said) are getting everything for nothing. They are fcuking scum along with all the fcuking spungers who are ruining this country."

Are we a racist nation? Or are the rantings of this individual a minority that cant see two foot ahead of him?

Your honest views please, no party politics.

Libero

Michael Mee had a good joke that started off like that.

He says he's sitting on the bus when two oulfellas start bitching behind him about all the "fking black b*stards, coming here taking our jobs, our houses, our land, our women. Fking spongers, black b*stards"
Mee looks at the audience: "I couldn't take this anymore. I had to speak up... I turned around and said 'excuse me, they are not called black b*stards, they're called protestants'."

LowIQ

35 men, women and children kicked out of the country in secrecy last night. In the meantime, we have bishops and politicians over in America crying about Irish illegals there. Maybe we're not racist (ha!) but we're certainly a special case.

Libero

LowIQ said:
35 men, women and children kicked out of the country in secrecy last night. In the meantime, we have bishops and politicians over in America crying about Irish illegals there. Maybe we're not racist (ha!) but we're certainly a special case.
In secrecy? Really? I mean, did the people enforcing the deportation hide their identities or something? Or does failing to issue a press release make it secret?

As for the American comparison, states have a duty to look after their own. For Ireland, that means mild campaigning on behalf of illegals in America. Opponents of forced deportation would not be happier if that stopped.

gobshite

we give an adult asylum seeker 19 euros a week and a child 9 a week, while we deny them the right to work and an education

Badnarik_Eire

If we stopped giving them all cars and a house racism would end.

Badnarik_Eire

Them refugees

minty

are you serious i've never heard of any council giving out cars

Badnarik_Eire

I'm trying to sound like a taxi driver

Badnarik_Eire

apparently the council pays to get their hair done too...

minty

i was also told that the goverment are going to ensure that all refugees children are sent to clongows and blackrock collage and then on to trinity

Harpey

Are we racist?
A wee bit, in our own eccentric Irish way. Its acceptable as it is, as most people aren't really bothered too much. So long as it just remains a little banter, all will be well.

minty

by the way why is this in northern ireland

minty

Oh right, seriously there blameing black people for ruining the north. hahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha
ah well

Zhukov

LowIQ said:
We eject false asylum seekers because they are just that. The state owes illegal immigrants nothing. A failure to deport them is a clear message to people the world over that we are willing to provide a life for anyone who can reach our shores. Let us take in legitimate asylum seekers and immigrants we need and leave it at that. It would be wise for the US to do likewise. You're perfectly correct that we regard ourselves as a special case but we shouldn't be.

Pidge

Or that 98fm talk show caller. "My son is unemployed, and he cant get a job - anywhere. Then I see this - can i say it? - fecking chink working in Eddie Rockets. And my son cant gerra job!!!"
Presenter: "Would your son work in Eddie Rockets?"
Caller: "No, its a sh1thole, but thats not the point"