Are we racist?

gobshite

the racism is not just by ignorant people it is systemic in our society and is no longer acceptable there is a notion of a new society in ucc to combat racism it has somehow been stuck in justice

Zhukov

gobshite said:
the racism is not just by ignorant people it is systemic in our society and is no longer acceptable there is a notion of a new society in ucc to combat racism it has somehow been stuck in justice
It's certainly important to establish organisations that show that racism is unacceptable. In my view the government and the establishment in general should be doing more to integrate immigrants and to marginalise the racist element. However, I think it a good idea for anti-racist organisations to avoid comment on issues other than racism. It becomes all to easy to equate regulation of immigration and asylum with racism.

minty

Carrier said:
we give an adult asylum seeker 19 euros a week and a child 9 a week,
And we pay for their food and to house them.

[quote:ve7mr3gu]while we deny them the right to work and an education
Asylum seekers are entitled to primary and secondary education. I believe English classes are also made available for adults, all free of charge.[/quote:ve7mr3gu]

what the hell are we at we should **** them and there little kiddies out on the street to starve what are we at acting like a civilised people :roll:

minty

Carrier said:
what the hell are we at we should f*** them and there little kiddies out on the street to starve what are we at acting like a civilised people
Ohhh, you're being sarcastic. Cool.
yes indeed! i have been blessed with a wit comparable to an ant :oops:

Carrier

Website
www.newrepublicanforum.ie
No I don't think you were - you're a complete fu**ing dead-brain.

My previous post was simply correcting "gobshite"'s post which claimed that asylum seekers only get 19 euros per week - which is misleading, and that asylum seekers are denied the access to education - which is factually wrong. Just because I pointed these errors out, does not mean I'm in favour of kicking people out onto the street and leaving them there to starve. Muppet.

Rocky

We should help real asylum seekers. How would you feel if you were forced to leave your home and your country, where you might have a decent life, and be forced to move to a strange country which you might not know the language of the people, leaving everything you have behind you.

It's our duty as a rich country to help others who are less well off then ourselves. To give them a chance to start up a new and successful life in Ireland

Catalpa

I think the problem is twofold.

One is the volume of immigrants arriving yearly in the State

Second is that many people claiming Asylum are considered Bogus.

I just do not believe it is true that asylum seekers survive on only 19 Euro a week.

That is rubbish.

You would not keep a Great Dane on that!

Come on I have only to step outside my door to see well dressed African Immigrants,many with cars + mobile phones, superb physique.

On 19 Euro a week? I don't think so!

BTW where are these Black African guys with cars in the morning when other folks are heading off to work?

Nowhere to be seen!

People are being conned and unforunatley at this rate of change it is only a matter of time before there are many areas of Dublin where the Irish will be a minority.

There is Racism in Ireland for sure....against Irish people.

But of course you are a Racist to mention this! :roll:

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Catalpa said:
Come on I have only to step outside my door to see well dressed African Immigrants,many with cars + mobile phones, superb physique.

Come on. You know the obvious flaw in this argument, don't you?

BTW where are these Black African guys with cars in the morning when other folks are heading off to work?

Nowhere to be seen!
Maybe they work shifts. Or in their cars, driving to work. Or they work somewhere else. Anyway there's plenty of black guys on my bus in the morning (don't know if they're Africans though).

But of course you are a Racist to mention this! :roll:
No, you're not a racist just because you mention this. However, you may be a racist anyway, for other reasons.

Conor

Maybe they're working anti-social hours doing jobs that Irish people don't want to do. Like doing security in fast food restaurants or annoying people in the jacks in nightclubs, for example. Not every job starts in the morning, you know.

Pidge

Catalpa said:
WOW! You can tell if someone is an immigrant just by looking at them? Christ, I better tell that third generation Irish girl I know that shes just an immigrant. Or maybe the second generation Irish guy in my Maths class. Yes his father is responsible for the employment of hundreds of people, but hes still a sponging immigrant.

Catalpa

smiffy said:
Catalpa said:

Come on. You know the obvious flaw in this argument, don't you?

Nowhere to be seen!
Maybe they work shifts. Or in their cars, driving to work. Or they work somewhere else. Anyway there's plenty of black guys on my bus in the morning (don't know if they're Africans though).

[quote:8cefvw62]But of course you are a Racist to mention this! :roll:
No, you're not a racist just because you mention this. However, you may be a racist anyway, for other reasons.[/quote:8cefvw62]

Well I'm sure you have mentioned the flaws as you see it before.

The flaw is if you believe they do IMO.

As for Black Africans in cars I know it is unfair to say ALL Black Africans are abusing the system because thre are good folks here too.

But IMO they are a small minority.

Honest I see NO Black men in cars each morning during the rush hour in my area but plenty at the weekends.

On the buses...one or two maybe.

Strange if you see Black people around my area early in the morning 4 out of 5 are women or schoolkids!

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Catalpa said:

I believe they do what?

I know you know this, but just for fun, let's say it again.

How do you know that the well-dressed Black Africans you see around the place are asylum seekers?

As for Black Africans in cars I know it is unfair to say ALL Black Africans are abusing the system because thre are good folks here too.

Opinion based on what?

Honest I see NO Black men in cars each morning during the rush hour in my area but plenty at the weekends.
Maybe they work outside the rush hour.

Catalpa

Pidge said:
Catalpa said:
WOW! You can tell if someone is an immigrant just by looking at them? Christ, I better tell that third generation Irish girl I know that shes just an immigrant. Or maybe the second generation Irish guy in my Maths class. Yes his father is responsible for the employment of hundreds of people, but hes still a sponging immigrant.
Did I say all Black people are immigrants?

Did I say all Black people are spongers?

Black Irish people are not to blame....they are Irish Citizens and fully deserve the same as the rest of us! :D

Catalpa

smiffy said:
Catalpa said:

I believe they do what?

I know you know this, but just for fun, let's say it again.

How do you know that the well-dressed Black Africans you see around the place are asylum seekers?

Opinion based on what?

[quote:1e4869t2]Honest I see NO Black men in cars each morning during the rush hour in my area but plenty at the weekends.
Maybe they work outside the rush hour.[/quote:1e4869t2]

I believe they do what?

Live on 19E a week.

Opinion based on what?

Just told you IMO!

Maybe they work outside the rush hour.[/

What all of them? Come on...

Conor

Not all of them. Some of them. You say you never see them working during the day, but it's only you saying that. Smiffy's already said s/he sees them during the morning rush hour.

The reason why so few people take the "evidence" of your eyes very seriously is because it's very different from other people's experience. Maybe you shouldn't rely on it for forming arguments. It's not very credible.

TheBanned

Badnarik_Eire said:
apparently the council pays to get their hair done too...
I heard that too. Is it true?
I heard that hairdressers are able to redeem vouchers for up to €250 for providing a hairstyle in the ethnic style of the asylum seeker. Apparently some of these can involve quite a lot of work.
I would love to know if this is really the case or just a load of cobblers.

Catalpa

Conor said:
Not all of them. Some of them. You say you never see them working during the day, but it's only you saying that. Smiffy's already said s/he sees them during the morning rush hour.

The reason why so few people take the "evidence" of your eyes very seriously is because it's very different from other people's experience. Maybe you shouldn't rely on it for forming arguments. It's not very credible.
Please read what I said before contradicting me!

. You say you never see them working during the day, but it's only you saying that.

Never said that.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom