• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Are we so blind that we cannot see :(

hammer

MPB

Italy to announce ?24bn in deficit cuts - *****Business - MSN News

Dáil told of plan to reduce deficit - *****Irish - MSN News

Dail to sit for an additional 3 days in JUNE :)

Government Ministers given 3 weeks to come up with spending cuts.

In my humble opinion Irish spending cuts to be approved by EU and implemented in June 2010. EU directive :) The weakest economies to be seen to be addressing their deficits for the sake of the EURO.

UK already this week.
Yeh, Spain 14 billion, I think.

All coming just after crisis talks among EU Finance Ministers.

Definitely not a coincidence. It looks like the Banks have won again and austerity is to be the order of the day.

My advice is to stay on line, it might be the only place you will be able to borrow a cup of sugar, shortly.

MPB

It is high time various governments lived within their means.
Governments normally pass that honour to their citizens.

There in lies the problem. The citizens are the economy.

Not a lot of people seem to have worked that out yet, as a lot of people and all Govts seem to think that the Banks are the economy.

And whats more, the Banks seem to have forgotten that the citizens are the real Govt.

The citizens have momentarily forgotten too, but this will correct itself.

'orebel

Governments normally pass that honour to their citizens.

There in lies the problem. The citizens are the economy.

Not a lot of people seem to have worked that out yet, as a lot of people and all Govts seem to think that the Banks are the economy.

And whats more, the Banks seem to have forgotten that the citizens are the real Govt.

The citizens have momentarily forgotten too, but this will correct itself.
One would like to think so but one has become disillusioned at the electorates ability, on being screwed, to bend over and spread their cheeks a little further.

MPB

One would like to think so but one has become disillusioned at the electorates ability, on being screwed, to bend over and spread their cheeks a little further.
People can only bend so far and cheeks to not have Moses like qualities.

hammer

€3 billion in cuts June 2010. Budget 2011 to address taxation issues?

Capital spending has already been POSTPONED. How much is Dept of Education holding back on with regard to school building program?

My humble belief.

DCon

And FF and their Green wing will probably slip a bank guarantee extension in while everyone is up in arms about the cuts

hammer

Can the sick, the blind & the old take any more cuts?
Can State childcare be cut back any further?

Cassandra Syndrome

Spot on as always Hammer. Budget 2010 Part 2 coming to a Tax Office near you. Be afraid, be very afraid.....

Austerity may work for monks but it is bad for an economy.

DCon

Well there is definitely no waste that could be trimmed from government or quango's so the sick and old will have to take it

MPB

The hope is, that the sick have more important things to worry about, the blind won,t see it coming and the 4 year olds will learn about the work ethic they are going to need to pay for the mistakes of their parents.

Oreo Livermore

Ye deserve it.

Ye voted for FF because they promised some goodies. Ye voted for FG because they promised goodies that even a fool could see were rubbish. Ye voted for Labour because ye just know absolutely nothing.

Ye voted YES for Lisbon even though down deep ye knew that it was all lies.

If ye think Enda Kenny is your saviour then the quicker a bit of malnutrition kicks in the better.

Suck it up

Remember now. Our friends in Europe will save us:lol::lol::lol::lol:

hammer

I blame the Greens. They got 2nd preferences etc. because they lied. Tricky Trevor wouldn`t go into coalition with the corrupt ones. But they did. Now they are chicken sh..

Cant wait for the wipe out of the Greens.

Not one good & honest man amongst them :)

asset test

I'm going to buy a new mattress in the morning.... just like my Granny did years ago, and we found her stash aswell after she died. Had to go to Central Bank to change the funny money, but we got something for it all the same.

MPB

I blame the Greens. They got 2nd preferences etc. because they lied. Tricky Trevor wouldn`t go into coalition with the corrupt ones. But they did. Now they are chicken sh..

Cant wait for the wipe out of the Greens.

Not one good & honest man amongst them :)
The colour Green suits them. It being the colour of envy.

absconded

What Ireland needs is €25 Billion in cuts. That´s reality!

'orebel

Ye deserve it.

Ye voted for FF because they promised some goodies. Ye voted for FG because they promised goodies that even a fool could see were rubbish. Ye voted for Labour because ye just know absolutely nothing.

Ye voted YES for Lisbon even though down deep ye knew that it was all lies.

If ye think Enda Kenny is your saviour then the quicker a bit of malnutrition kicks in the better.

Suck it up

Remember now. Our friends in Europe will save us:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So who's left Dan? If FF,FG and Lab are out.
Ye voted Obama and yer alternative was McCain/Hockeymom

MPB

What Ireland needs is €25 Billion in cuts. That´s reality!
Go on bright spark, where are these 25 billion in cuts going to come from, without starvation being the order of the day?