• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Are we witnessing the turning point of the life of this government?

44percent

You get a sense of things beginning to slip out of the control of a government and the inevitable decline to election at a certain point in its lifespan. It's beginning to look like the perfect storm is emerging: O'Reilly is in trouble again over hospital improvements, the AGS walk out of pay talks, Varadkar admits the PN talks are not going too well, Dukes calls for PIIGS default, opinion polls show a decline in support, more charges for families soon from the budget, policy misjudgements and reversal with the alarms for the elderly being the most recent; the weight of events is against the government now and it looks like a point where the turn is upon them. I can't see Kenny and Gilmore delivering something to restore authority. I say January 2013 is where the wheels begin to come off.

ger12

If this is the case, the most frustrating bit is that they really only have themselves to blame.

ruserious

The life of this government was sealed when FF brought the Troika in for tea.

Dr Pat

We need a UKIP type party to stand up for Irish interests and not be cowed.

ger12

mido

We need a UKIP type party to stand up for Irish interests and not be cowed.
we had it but rejected it - Libelass or libertas to give its other name. as for the need for such an outfit as UKIP here, can you not just join uncle joe in RULA or boy barrett in PULA - same ideas from the other side of the fence- twould be great crack I suspect

damus

Hayes opened his mouth about how everyone was still in the talks on Croke Park and within a day the AGSI walked out!

Mr. Bumble

Hayes opened his mouth about how everyone was still in the talks on Croke Park and within a day the AGSI walked out!
CPA2 is a dead duck if the GRA walks as well - which they're very likely to do. AFAICS they're all just going through the motions before manning the barricades.

mido

I say January 2013 is where the wheels begin to come off.
Begin or began? any way Joe O Toole had that phrase sown up years ago

"Joe O'Toole brought Morning Ireland and Ireland in the morning to a standstill when he described a proposal by then Education Minister Niamh Bhreathnach as being "as ridiculous as a person driving around on four bald tyres deciding to sell the spare wheel".

Tenacity, intelligence, wit and leadership celebrated as O'Toole takes a modest bow - National News - Independent.ie

and no, they will tough it out as the they only have TINA to rely on -there is no alternative

Disillusioned democrat

This government snatchedfailure from the jaws of victory. two years ago the people gave them a mandate to reform, reduce and lead. all we've got is administration and the same cronyism we rejected FF for.

They had an open goal in front of them and they kicked for touch to keep from having to do the job we hired them to do.

Analyzer

I think that they are floundering at the moment. Basically, they are going nowhere, with regard to the public interest. And they are more preoccupied with making things look good, and engaging in PR stunts. Their true level of competence was revelaed by the concern raised with what people were saying on the internet, rather than with fixing any of the problems that need to be fixed. Right now they are fixing nothing.

Dicey has not been heard in public in months.
Noonan's last budget will not fix fiscal problem.
Gimmemore is on a solo run chasing his own importance, and chasing photo opportunities.
Ruairi Spin is only ever in the news for PR stunts.
Dwarf has failed to address the institutional state.
Burton is talking about going tough on welfare fraud, but she is ignoring the obvious.
Bunny is making a fool of himself, and has no clue what he is doing. His only serious goal is to look after the stickies in Pravda.
Varadkar is muted, in case he tells the truth.
Creighton has almost disappeared.

And today we had BullShatter on at least two radion stations (pro-FG ones it must be admitted) talk down the crime problem, and provide excuses for his laziness in dealing with the crime problem.

I think that they are now in serious trouble.

Unfortunately, we still have lousy options.

We need new political parties to kick the dynasties that brought about this mess. And interestingly enough the biggest enthusiasts for EU Imperialism are often the political dynasties, or the family firms of politicians.

mido

CPA2 is a dead duck if the GRA walks as well - which they're very likely to do. AFAICS they're all just going through the motions before manning the barricades.
GRA/AGSI cannot strike so little open to them in terms of how to oppose a CPA MK2 - IMPOTENT( IMPACT) and others will cut a deal as usual

damus

Tbh, if I was the GRA I'd be running cos they're going to be in much greater danger with the cuts that Shatter's proposing.

Dr Pat

we had it but rejected it - Libelass or libertas to give its other name. as for the need for such an outfit as UKIP here, can you not just join uncle joe in RULA or boy barrett in PULA - same ideas from the other side of the fence- twould be great crack I suspect
Appreciate the advice but no thanks. Actually, am quite disappointed with Mr Ganley - articulate but ultimately turns out to be an EU project albeit along different lines type of guy. The other two are mad albeit sincere utopian 'no borders' 'werkers of the world unite' borderline lunatics. Compare their delivery to how Farage comes across for the Brits - there is really no contest.

damus

GRA/AGSI cannot strike so little open to them in terms of how to oppose a CPA MK2 - IMPOTENT( IMPACT) and others will cut a deal as usual
They can all come down with the Blue flu!

bob3367

oggy

How anyone had faith with FG and Labour is a great mystery to me. They have always been a failed stand in for FF and it didnt take two weeks to find that out, dont mind two years !