• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Are you a wine lover?

lussi

Hi friends, I thought I should share this information with you... do you know Two glasses of wine a day risks mouth cancer.

Two glasses of wine a day can increase the risk of mouth cancer by up to 75 per cent, scientists warned.

The research also showed two units of alcohol daily raises the risk of breast cancer by 22 per cent.

It also found that men who drink four units of alcohol a day increase their risk of bowel cancer by 64 per cent.

Other research had previously showed that moderate amounts of red wine could have health benefits and may help to prevent heart disease and strokes.

But the Australian report by the Cancer Institute in New South Wales, found there is no safe level of alcohol and said drinking should be kept to an absolute minimum.

The institute’s chief executive, Professor Jim Bishop, said: “Alcohol is a well established carcinogen and is known to increase the risk of several cancers.”

Researchers also found two small glasses a of wine a day raised the risk of cancer of the oesophagus by 50 per cent and cancer of the larynx by 40 per cent.

Drinking eight units a day raised the risk of mouth or throat cancer by four to six times compared to a non-drinker.

Professor Bishop said: “We don’t want a general scare, but the fact is that alcohol consumption on a regular basis, even at moderate levels, can increase the risk.

“Clearly for cardiac disease it may be that red wine is helpful, but for cancer we cannot see any benefit at all from alcohol.”

lussi
_________
Cancer Center
http://cancer-care-center.blogspot.com/

Bogwarrior

Is it the wine that is carcenagenic or the sulphates that are sprayed on the grape?
I'd imagine "fresh" fruit from the supermarket , which are sprayed with a cocktail of chemicals till they shine almost plastic like,contains a greater health threat. I prefer to nick mine from the neighbours orchard. :|

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Ignore it, BW. It's just spamming for its stunningly scaremongering US based blog. The consensus is that a moderate (ie one to two drinks a day) intake of alcohol, especially red wine, is of health benefit.
According to this scaremongerer, everything gives you cancer - a drink, oral sex, god knows what.
I'm not a medic, but I can speak medicalese and this blog heavily overstates their case throughout.
And even if everything they write is true, which it isn't particularly, I'd still rather live in a world with fine wine and blowjobs, thank you very much.

Bobert

I bet you're a riot at partys...

RBinge

Life. It'll kill you, so we all have a choice to enjoy it or not. As JC Skinner said, a life without either wine or blowjobs wouldn't be worth a damn.

CookieMonster

I think i'll risk it.

*glug*

Petrus

lussi said:
Hi friends, I thought I should share this information with you... do you know Two glasses of wine a day risks mouth cancer.

Two glasses of wine a day can increase the risk of mouth cancer by up to 75 per cent, scientists warned.

The research also showed two units of alcohol daily raises the risk of breast cancer by 22 per cent.

It also found that men who drink four units of alcohol a day increase their risk of bowel cancer by 64 per cent.

Other research had previously showed that moderate amounts of red wine could have health benefits and may help to prevent heart disease and strokes.

But the Australian report by the Cancer Institute in New South Wales, found there is no safe level of alcohol and said drinking should be kept to an absolute minimum.

The institute’s chief executive, Professor Jim Bishop, said: “Alcohol is a well established carcinogen and is known to increase the risk of several cancers.”

Researchers also found two small glasses a of wine a day raised the risk of cancer of the oesophagus by 50 per cent and cancer of the larynx by 40 per cent.

Drinking eight units a day raised the risk of mouth or throat cancer by four to six times compared to a non-drinker.
So up to 8 units,hick, bad, but more than, hick, thats OK yeah! hick
Good! hick

A_man_about_a_dog

RBinge said:
Life. It'll kill you, so we all have a choice to enjoy it or not. As JC Skinner said, a life without either wine or blowjobs wouldn't be worth a damn.
We're here for a good time, not a long time. ;)

david

Who wants to die healthy anyway?

Go for organic, vegan wine from the likes of Vendemia.

Great helpful and fast mail order service and some of their wines (OK, they're on the pricey side) are unbelievable. I'm not connected with them except as a customer.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I never let a drop of wine touch my lips.

I acheive this by tilting my head right back, opening wide, and firing the drink down. Saves time.

meriwether

I dont like wine, but will suffer a glass of white on occasion.
I used to drink Budweiser, but have switched to Smithwicks after suffering a vicious slagging for being a nancy boy at the hands of Kerrynorth, ROC et al after that admission.

david

QuizMaster said:
david said:
Good site. Prices about the same as your local offie, and a lot cheaper than your local petrol station.
Interesting.
Thinking about it, what I meant by pricey was that there aren't any cheap wines at Vendemia, so yes, you're right in a sense. (Can you get organic vegan wine at your local offie?!¿¡)

drbob1972

meriwether said:
I used to drink Budweiser, but have switched to Smithwicks after suffering a vicious slagging for being a nancy boy at the hands of Kerrynorth, ROC et al after that admission.
you got off lightly there you big Nancy, Budweiser ? sex in a canoe beer........fcuking close to water :)

meriwether

drbob1972 said:
meriwether said:
you got off lightly there you big Nancy, Budweiser ? sex in a canoe beer........fcuking close to water :)
What about Blue WKD?
I love the way it gives me a shiny tongue.....tastes proper manly too.

Catalpa

meriwether said:
A good pint of Smithwicks is worth downing - drank it for years before I switched to the Black stuff.

On a day like today though I think a pint of Bulmers is more in order. :cool:

just_society

On a day like today, a chilled Sancerre (That's Loire valley sauvignon blanc for the uninitiated) is an ideal thirst quencher. A dark beer would be fairly heavy today.

What do most p.ie posters prefer, Beer or Wine?

mollox

Catalpa said:
On a day like today though I think a pint of Bulmers is more in order. :cool:
You're clearly a man of considerable influence.
C&C share price up 10% today on the strength of that post! :shock: