Are you registered to Vote?

spidermom

Check The Register
If not forms must returned on Thurs this week!
(forms can be downloaded from the link page)

Social Conscience

Yes I am and I would find it hard to believe any poster on here wouldn't be.....

Maybe the Mods could put this up as a poll??

Bridget558

I will not be in the country to vote if its in january but if i was i would be voting the same i did back in 2007 NONE OF THE ABOVE.

ocoonassa

All of us who don't vote should spoil ballots this time, we're the biggest section of the electorate, for what it's worth we should make our disgust with this system known. If there was more spoiled votes than there was for any one party faction it'd be shameful for them.

Superlepreachaun

I'm wondering if I should re register in my parents place in Dun Laogahire or my own place in Dub South...I am tryina think where vote would make the most difference..dub souths hardly gonna vote for anyone who thinks outside of the box.

Sucker Punch

I'm not on there apparently, strange casue I recieved my voting card for Lisbon and the last GE.

Is there another way to check over the phone?

Delarivier

The website is inaccurate. My entire family was missing when I checked today. I had to ring the local authority, and they are registered, according to their records. If in doubt, make a phone call.

Partizan

All of us who don't vote should spoil ballots this time, we're the biggest section of the electorate, for what it's worth we should make our disgust with this system known. If there was more spoiled votes than there was for any one party faction it'd be shameful for them.
By spoiling your ballot, you might as well be handing the two main right wing reactionary parties your No. 1.

Totally stupid and pointless exercise.

For God's sake make sure you register and vote. Our forefathers died for us to be given that right.

Squib

The website is inaccurate. My entire family was missing when I checked today. I had to ring the local authority, and they are registered, according to their records. If in doubt, make a phone call.
Are they answering phones these days?

ocoonassa

For God's sake make sure you register and vote.
Who for like? I've got a wide choice of corporatists in slick suits, they strike me as treacherous personality disordered cnuts who don't know their arses from their elbows.

Partizan

Who for like? I've got a wide choice of corporatists in slick suits, they strike me as treacherous personality disordered cnuts who don't know their arses from their elbows.
if you feel that way why dont you stand yourself?

roc_

...Our forefathers died for us to be given that right.
Hmm. I've thought about this. And it seems to me that their sacrifice could not have been made to put in place the system that is with us today (the inequity; the undignified workplaces; the social injustices; the mindless consumption; the careerist politicians operating in an institutionally-minded game, where they pledge allegiance to the ideals and interests of a political party above all else...).

No - I think they made their sacrifice for an ideal of freedom. The form of this ideal is not what's important - it's the spirit of the ideal. All they did was set a spark to this spirit.

So our duty to our forefathers in my view is to nurture the flame of what they set alight. Because, let's be honest - the reality that came out of their sacrifice was a long way from what I understand to have been their intent and hope.

anewbeginning

You are not really protesting by not voting.

IF you want to protest against the current system, vote for an independent or a first time candidate or anyone who isn't affiliated with the main parties.

If you don't vote, your vote isn't counted.

The only way to change the system is from within, unfortunately.

anarko

By spoiling your ballot, you might as well be handing the two main right wing reactionary parties your No. 1.

Totally stupid and pointless exercise.

For God's sake make sure you register and vote. Our forefathers died for us to be given that right.
il be spoiling mine also
the IMF run this country now
the up and comming election is just a staged muppet show
our forefathers would be on the streets trying to defend our country against the IMF SCUM

ItsLehmansWotDoneIt

You are not really protesting by not voting.

IF you want to protest against the current system, vote for an independent or a first time candidate or anyone who isn't affiliated with the main parties.

If you don't vote, your vote isn't counted.

The only way to change the system is from within, unfortunately.
+1

FF love people who don't vote - particularly those on social welfare. They can be clobbered without any political consequences.

Bad and all as the system is now, the Dail is where the action is. Don't try and tell me FF haven't changed this country. How did they do it? That's right, by getting elected.
For Gawd's sake VOTE! There must be someone standing in your constituency who would be worthy of a vote.

anarko

+1

FF love people who don't vote - particularly those on social welfare. They can be clobbered without any political consequences.

Bad and all as the system is now, the Dail is where the action is. Don't try and tell me FF haven't changed this country. How did they do it? That's right, by getting elected.
For Gawd's sake VOTE! There must be someone standing in your constituency who would be worthy of a vote.
did you look at the dail today...?
almost empty.... but still full of idiots

Johnnybaii

i may regret asking this but how would one go about running as a candidate in their constituency?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies