Argentina cancells football match in Jerusalem today- action praised by Palestinian Football Federation

JacquesHughes

Argentina cancells football match in Jerusalem today- action praised by Palestinian Football Federation

It was very wrong of the Israeli government to connive at getting this planned friendly relocated from Haifa to [west] Jerusalem, and then link the 'sporting' event to triumphalist celebrations of Israel's 70th birthday.

The match was going to be enormously divisive - protests were almost certain, and deaths and serious injury very likely, once the Avigdor Lieberman Sniper Brigade was re-deployed from the Gazan border. The Argentinian Football Federation has avoided blood on it's hands, and that deserves praise; but really it was played for a patsy all along; and gradually pinned out into ever more colluding postures by it's hosts.

Recent Israeli propaganda has emphasised the multifaith nature of the state, but in the heat of this fiasco the sports minister , Miri Regev, has turned on the 'enemy within', talking darkly of the 'Trojan horses in the Knesset who give headwind to terrorism'. Seems there are limits on the range of opinions actually tolerated.

This Bloomberg article is informative. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-06/israeli-sports-minister-blamed-for-argentina-snub-own-goal

RTE takes the embassy handout route to journalism; failing to see that the threat was to Palestinian life https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0606/968505-argentina-cancel-israel-visit-for-world-cup-warm-up-tie/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-06/israeli-sports-minister-blamed-for-argentina-snub-own-goal

D

Deleted member 51920

The match was cancelled, not because the AFA have any issues with Israel, quite the contrary in fact.
It was cancelled because death threats on players and their families were issued by Nazi BDS thugs.
Something needs to be dont to stop these bullying thugs issues threats like this

AFA president Claudio Tapia said at a press conference in Barcelona, as quoted on the organisation's official website: "Yesterday the decision was taken to not travel and play the friendly game against Israel.

"We apologise to all the Argentines that live in Israel and the Israelis that bought the tickets so fast to watch the Argentina national team.

"We face a reality that has been going on for 70 years. What we've experienced in the last 72 hours, which is public knowledge, the actions, the threats that have occurred, have led us to decide not to travel.

"My responsibility as president of the Argentina Football Association is to look after the health, physical integrity and security of our delegation.

"I took this decision. I apologise to the Israeli community. It's nothing against them, nothing against the Jewish community, on the contrary."
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0606/968505-argentina-cancel-israel-visit-for-world-cup-warm-up-tie/

Hitchcock

The match was cancelled, not because the AFA have any issues with Israel, quite the contrary in fact.
It was cancelled because death threats on players and their families were issued by Nazi BDS thugs.
Something needs to be dont to stop these bullying thugs issues threats like this

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0606/968505-argentina-cancel-israel-visit-for-world-cup-warm-up-tie/
You seem to to be extrapolating quite alot from that article to arrive at that conclusion. The reference to threats was unsurprisingly from the Israeli spokesperson......if it were not for the blood of innocent medics and children dripping profusely from the Israeli state's actions in Gaza and elsewhere I would have laughed at this garbage...

"Threats and provocations directed at Lionel Messi, which logically aroused the solidarity of their peers and the fear of achieving the friendly, are not alien to the daily life of the civilian population in Israel whose athletes, without going any further, have been on numerous occasions the object of violence and attacks.

D

Deleted member 51920

You seem to to be extrapolating quite alot from that article to arrive at that conclusion. The reference to threats was unsurprisingly from the Israeli spokesperson......if it were not for the blood of innocent medics and children dripping profusely from the Israeli state's actions in Gaza and elsewhere I would have laughed at this garbage...

Try reading again what the AFA President said - this time with your glasses on.
They were forced to cancel the match because of death threats from BDS thugs on players and their families

Hitchcock

Try reading again what the AFA President said - this time with your glasses on.
They were forced to cancel the match because of death threats from BDS thugs on players and their families
AFA president Claudio Tapia said at a press conference in Barcelona, as quoted on the organisation's official website: "Yesterday the decision was taken to not travel and play the friendly game against Israel.

"We apologise to all the Argentines that live in Israel and the Israelis that bought the tickets so fast to watch the Argentina national team.

"We face a reality that has been going on for 70 years. What we've experienced in the last 72 hours, which is public knowledge, the actions, the threats that have occurred, have led us to decide not to travel.

"My responsibility as president of the Argentina Football Association is to look after the health, physical integrity and security of our delegation.

"I took this decision. I apologise to the Israeli community. It's nothing against them, nothing against the Jewish community, on the contrary."
There you go, now with your own specs on can you indicate reference to your extrapolation that I highlighted?

D

Deleted member 51920

There you go, now with your own specs on can you indicate reference to your extrapolation that I highlighted?

I am not going to entertain your ridiculous suggestion
If you have any evidence that Israeli authorities made death threats on the players and their families then show some evidence
He quite clearly said that he is very favourable disposed towards Israel and regretfully had to cancel due to threats on players from BDS thugs

Lagertha

Does anyone really care? It must be time to start the hate campaign against Russia now in the run up to next weeks football kick off.

Hitchcock

If you have any evidence that Israeli authorities made death threats on the players and their families then show some evidence
He quite clearly said that he is very favourable disposed towards Israel and regretfully had to cancel due to threats on players from BDS thugs
What are you babbling about? Read my posts and get those glasses you are prattling on about.

Again can you indicate where he stated that?

PAGE61

Top marks to Argentina, Hopefully many countries will also boycott the Israeli bullies products and aspersions to pretend life goes on as normal..

Herr Rommel

Top marks to Argentina, Hopefully many countries will also boycott the Israeli bullies products and aspersions to pretend life goes on as normal..
The ignorance is strong.

Wascurito

Threats of violence against Argentinian players led to the cancellation.

Wow....BDSers and pro-Palestinian types being violent. Quelle surprise....:roll:

Hitchcock

Threats of violence against Argentinian players led to the cancellation.

Wow....BDSers and pro-Palestinian types being violent. Quelle surprise....:roll:
'Threath' allegedly from BDS etc unlike actual violence by the Israeli state - that's some moral equivalence you have going on!

Wascurito

People can listen here. The head of the AFA makes specific reference to "threats that have occurred".(amenazas que han occurrido). He also apologises saying it was for the physical security of the delegation and that it was not about being against the "Israeli community".

https://twitter.com/EladRatson/status/1004382382680608768

The cancellation is not a reflection on Israel. It's a reflection on the bullying and intimidation of the BDSers.

Wascurito

'Threath' allegedly from BDS etc unlike actual violence by the Israeli state - that's some moral equivalence you have going on!
You are part of a truly evil and disgusting cycle whereby:
- Hamas tricks young Gazans into going to the border and trying to infiltrate into Israel
- yes, it's a trick. In some instances they tell them that the border has been breached and the Israelis are fleeing
- in the ensuing riot, some of them get killed
- you shriek your myopic western outrage
- Hamas hears your outrage and says, "Yes, it's working! Send more young people to the fence."

Hitchcock

People can listen here. The head of the AFA makes specific reference to "threats that have occurred".(amenazas que han occurrido). He also apologises saying it was for the physical security of the delegation and that it was not about being against the "Israeli community".

https://twitter.com/EladRatson/status/1004382382680608768

The cancellation is not a reflection on Israel. It's a reflection on the bullying and intimidation of the BDSers.
And if you listen carefully he didn't mention from who the threats were from.

NMunsterman

You are part of a truly evil and disgusting cycle whereby:
- Hamas tricks young Gazans into going to the border and trying to infiltrate into Israel
- yes, it's a trick. In some instances they tell them that the border has been breached and the Israelis are fleeing
- in the ensuing riot, some of them get killed
- you shriek your myopic western outrage
- Hamas hears your outrage and says, "Yes, it's working! Send more young people to the fence."
Fortunately I had my vomit-bucket handy when reading this.
The again, according to you, the IDF have never murdered any Palestinian civilian.
Ever.

You are truly a vile individual.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies