Arlene Foster Can Put 'Barefaced Liar' Into Her Sinister Box of Tricks

theloner

As the Daily Mirror led with the headline 'Now even the crackpots won't work with Theresa May - as DUP reveals talks have been plunged into chaos', Arlene Foster has gone and given herself another migraine. This time by being caught out lying about sending a letter to the Scottish government in relation to same sex marriage.

The London Economic

Scottish government today busted the DUP’s Arlene Foster for lying that she did not send them a letter requesting they do not marry gay couples from Northern Ireland by rather predictably – revealing that letter.

What Did Arlene Say?

DUP Letters to Marco Biagi

Letters between the DUP leader Arlene Foster and fellow DUP Northern Ireland MP Simon Hamilton to the Scottish government asking if couples from Northern Ireland could be prevented from having their civil partnerships converted to marriage like their English, Welsh and Scottish counterparts could was revealed on a Scottish government website as Foster denied even sending them. Marco Biagi was Minister for Local Government and Community Empowerment and told the DUP crackpots to 'get fecked' with their loopy request to interfere with Scottish marriage law.

Biagi said: "Basically, Scotland is the only place in the UK this group of Northern Irish gay couples can now get married. She [Foster] asked us not to open it. We consulted with other governments before doing it, they objected, we introduced the legislation, they objected again, but Northern Ireland does not get a veto on domestic Scottish marriage law – end of."

Same-sex marriage remains illegal in the north, and Stonewall, Britain's largest LGBT charity, said they were "deeply anxious" about the potential DUP involvement in May's new government because of the party's "poor record" on LGBT rights.

Poor Record

If there's anything worse than a bigot, it's a lying bigot.

Analyzer

theloner

Lol To think you arseholes have the NI forum banned from the main page. :lol: Keep her lit!

*EPIC SUCCESS*

When a politician says ''I don't remember'' what it actually means is ''Oh sh1t, how can I avoid answering this question now without being seen to obviously lie, oh yeah, I can say I don't remember''.

Spoofers gonna spoof.

theloner

Bigots gonna bigot.

GDPR

Lol To think you arseholes have the NI forum banned from the main page. :lol: Keep her lit!
I was hugely amused when a couple of far right racist extremists from the main board here decided to inflitrate our little tribal sand pit on Pie only to find that both camps reacted with stony contempt to their propaganda.

We may have our little tics and traumas, but we see right through that bollex. :)

raetsel

if she only supported SF and their comrades ..

you'd love her then
Sinn Fein has nothing to do with this thread - are you even sure that the opening poster is actually one of their supporters?
It's more than just a tad moronic to derail a valid thread about DUP sexual-orientation bigotry by bringing Sinn Fein into it when they are an irrelevance.
Sinn Fein are a "legitimate target" (oops!) :), for criticism on other threads but not this one.
Do you behave like a trolling clown often?

Socratus O' Pericles

Some of our more right wing catholic types must be conflicted here............my enemy's enemy is my..................hold on................

GDPR

Arlene has form for denying the record. She insisted she had never been informed that the RHI Scheme was open to abuse when Minister responsible.

Whistle-blowers came forward with copies of the correspondence they had sent her.

Arlene then claimed in essence she never read her emails.

This is why there was a vote of No Confidence in her as FM which resulted in the Local Assembly elections this year.

Spanner Island

When a politician says ''I don't remember'' what it actually means is ''Oh sh1t, how can I avoid answering this question now without being seen to obviously lie, oh yeah, I can say I don't remember''.

Spoofers gonna spoof.
But of course... and politicians on this island - north and south - are experts at it... right up to Tribunal level...

They're shameless.

theloner

Sinn Fein has nothing to do with this thread - are you even sure that the opening poster is actually one of their supporters?
It's more than just a tad moronic to derail a valid thread about DUP sexual-orientation bigotry by bringing Sinn Fein into it when they are an irrelevance.
Sinn Fein are a "legitimate target" (oops!) :), for criticism on other threads but not this one.
Do you behave like a trolling clown often?
Sure everyone is a Shinner these days - from the editor of the London Economist to the entire readership of the Daily Mirror. Ignoring these loons is best course of action.

New Threads

Most Replies