Arlene Foster & Fermanagh GAA

McSlaggart

THERE were strong suggestions last night that DUP leader Arlene Foster will attend the GAA Ulster Football Championship final next week.

While the DUP said "no decision has been made about the match as yet", it is understood the former Stormont first minister is "keen to go" to the game on June 24.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/06/16/news/strong-suggestion-dup-leader-arlene-foster-will-attend-gaa-s-ulster-football-championship-final-1357648/

This could be tricky as Arline.... is not loved....

Strawberry

If she's keen to go she should go and be welcomed. Politics aside, she is a Fermanagh woman and its a while since their team has done well enough to reach the Ulster final. Other than Down, the standard of the other teams they had to get past hasn't dropped either, so the Fermanagh team certainly deserves congratulations for upping their game well enough to compete.

Donegal will beat them on the 24th though. petunia

automaticforthepeople

During the early 80's Margaret Thatcher was conscious of how poorly her party was faring in Scotland. So someone suggested that to polish up her image she should invite herself along to a prominent Scottish event to present something or other.

And so it was that she found herself at an Old Firm Scottish Cup final presenting the trophy to the winners. At one stage she is believed to turn to one of the top brass in the SFA and asked why are there so many Irish people waving their flegs here?

Next Sunday will be along the same lines, let's hope there is no hard border in operation.

Newrybhoy

With Fermanagh GAA's terrible record of sectarianism, this is something she should consider very carefully.

michael-mcivor

Arlene Foster met the Fermanagh GAA team yesterday-( Saturday )- she brought a card wishing here neighbours the best of luck- she was given a Fermanagh jersey at the event but was again not sure if she could attend the final or not-( BBC ( Northern ) Ireland Web page-)-

death or glory

With Fermanagh GAA's terrible record of sectarianism, this is something she should consider very carefully.
Why narrow it down to Fermanagh.
Why should she attend the match when she is not allowed to be a member nor to play.
She can't play because the misogynistic GAA does not allow females to play and she can't be a member because we all know the rules of the GAA do not allow unionists to join.
But anyhow good luck Fermanagh.

McSlaggart

Why narrow it down to Fermanagh.
Why should she attend the match when she is not allowed to be a member nor to play.
She can't play because the misogynistic GAA does not allow females to play and she can't be a member because we all know the rules of the GAA do not allow unionists to join.
But anyhow good luck Fermanagh.
How does the GAA not allow Females to play?

death or glory

How does the GAA not allow Females to play?
Because there are no female GAA teams and as far as I know the same percentage of females as Prods play GAA for any of the county teams in NI.

McSlaggart

Because there are no female GAA teams and as far as I know the same percentage of females as Prods play GAA for any of the county teams in NI.
You do know the female teams could be with the main body of the GAA anytime they wanted. It is their choice to remain outside.

death or glory

You do know the female teams could be with the main body of the GAA anytime they wanted. It is their choice to remain outside.
Can they, have you any evidence to back this up?
As i said there are no female GAA teams, so she is not allowed to play GAA.

Strawberry

Can they, have you any evidence to back this up?
As i said there are no female GAA teams, so she is not allowed to play GAA.
The Ladies' GAA is a separate association, and its kept separate because the ladies prefer it that way. If it were up to the men the two organisations would have merged by now.

death or glory

death or glory

The Ladies' GAA is a separate association, and its kept separate because the ladies prefer it that way. If it were up to the men the two organisations would have merged by now.
I asked for evidence not hear-say.

Strawberry

I asked for evidence, this is no such thing it's just a list of female players who can't actually play GAA.

You said they could join if they wanted, well I'm asking you to back up your allegation or else you're talking crap.
The odds aren't good.
You must be very misogynist if you think the Ladies GAA doesn't count as GAA.

death or glory

You must be very misogynist if you think the Ladies GAA doesn't count as GAA.
If that's your definition!

I'm sure your local GAA club will let you make the tea and sandwiches and wash the dirty kit bags.
Well if that's all you think the ladies can do and can't participate fully in the GAA, well that's feminism for you.

Strawberry

If that's your definition!

I'm sure your local GAA club will let you make the tea and sandwiches and wash the dirty kit bags.
Well if that's all you think the ladies can do and can't participate fully in the GAA, well that's feminism for you.
Whatever. I suppose if Arlene was invited to the Ladies final you'd say she shouldn't go because they're an anti-male organisation who force men to make the tea and do the laundry. Yours is the stupidest derail ever.

Back on topic - Arlene should go if she wants to and support her county team. I've seen no valid reason offered why she shouldn't.

death or glory

Whatever. I suppose if Arlene was invited to the Ladies final you'd say she shouldn't go because they're an anti-male organisation who force men to make the tea and do the laundry. Yours is the stupidest derail ever.

Back on topic - Arlene should go if she wants to and support her county team. I've seen no valid reason offered why she shouldn't.
Well you can ignore them if you want but I gave you two valid reasons why she shouldn't go.
Females are not allowed to play in the GAA.
Unionists are not allowed to be members of the GAA.

Try the GAA membership rules to check up what I'm saying is, as per usual, is the truth.
But maybe you just stick to Wikipedia, that seems to be the level for dumb blondes.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies