Arlene Foster 'sorry for failings'

McSlaggart

Mrs Foster had told the inquiry that she did not read the regulations before bringing them to the assembly.

The inquiry found: "The minister, in presenting the regulations to the assembly and asking for their approval, should have read them herself.

"Not least because in the inquiry's view to so do is a core part of a minister's job."

The scheme was set to cost the taxpayer £490 million and there were allegations of corruption surrounding it. McGuinness asked Foster to step aside as First Minister while her involvement in the scheme was investigated, but she refused to step aside or resign and said that the voices calling for her resignation were those of "misogynists and male chauvinists".

Mickeymac

Arlene is blowing smoke up our backsides !

Sir Patrick appears to be highlighting those who had nothing to do with this financial scandal but fails to mention, in his report, who was.

You could not make this whitewash up ffs.......pathetic in the extreme folks.

JacquesHughes

Who has oversight of the DUP Spas?

Not responsible or accountable or held to account.

Critical of how the DUP Spa s ( party ‘special advisors’ at Stormont) interacted with Ministers; but regrets the enquiry did not extend to include the Spa s......and who has ‘oversight’ of the Spa s?

....gets us back to Arlene.

Mickeymac

Critical of how the DUP Spa s ( party ‘special advisors’ at Stormont) interacted with Ministers; but regrets the enquiry did not extend to include the Spa s......and who has ‘oversight’ of the Spa s?

Sir Patrick was paid to find such answers, failed to do so and more or less told Joe Public his inquiry was a total whitewash.

I bet he does not show his disgusting face in any Nationalist area ever again.

All folk wanted was the truth, he failed to deliver it unfortunately.

blinding

British Inquiries in Ireland have a very poor history. Very often they have to be done twice to get the Truth !

Dame_Enda

While far from being a Unionist, it seems to me both parties have questions to answer about this. Why was SF contacting a Republican from outside their Ard Comhairle for the go ahead with this?

blinding

While far from being a Unionist, it seems to me both parties have questions to answer about this. Why was SF contacting a Republican from outside their Ard Comhairle for the go ahead with this?
The Pellet thing may have sent the normal lines of communication askew !

CatullusV

Please don't use that acronym.

stray creditor

I guess with Arlene's sense of persecution she has gone with the puritan chic look for the north-south meeting on coronavirus.

McSlaggart

Arlene Foster and DUP strongly criticised in green energy scandal report
Northern Ireland’s first minister insists she will remain in role

Observer B

Mrs Foster had told the inquiry that she did not read the regulations before bringing them to the assembly.

The inquiry found: "The minister, in presenting the regulations to the assembly and asking for their approval, should have read them herself.

"Not least because in the inquiry's view to so do is a core part of a minister's job."
So, Arlene claims she's not a crook and her defense is that she's incompetent to the point where she doesn't understand math at a primary school infant level i.e. spend £1 and get £2 back.

AhNowStop

So, Arlene claims she's not a crook and her defense is that she's incompetent to the point where she doesn't understand math at a primary school infant level i.e. spend £1 and get £2 back.
Yep, thats pretty much it ..."I'm not corrupt I'm just a stupid incompetent fool" 🤪 ....

Go Snarlene :rolleyes:

Popular Threads

Most Replies