Armed man shot by soldier at Louvre

T

Toowoomba

Last time I was in the Louvre, back in 2004, I sat on the base of Winged Victory of Samothrace for a photo. I was approached by an attendant, luckily it was not a soldier. :D

former wesleyan

To compare a French cop on duty at a museum to occupation troops harassing people is as ridiculous as comparing a Jihadist in Paris to a Palestinian woman whose home has been bulldozed and her husband shot.
That would be true if events in Israel occurred in that order .

General Urko

I'm glad this loon was stopped, but running at a group of on duty soldiers with a machette is hardly a good tactic!:rolleyes:

petaljam

Paris is not in lock down
Totally hysteria by predictable crew here over a relatively minor (thankfully) incident.
Yes, a minor incident - thankfully as you say - and everything is now getting back to normal. People all saying the incident was well handled, there was no panic and children visiting with their schools were all kept busy etc.

Roll_On

Yes, a minor incident - thankfully as you say - and everything is now getting back to normal. People all saying the incident was well handled, there was no panic and children visiting with their schools were all kept busy etc.
Until next time of course, perhaps next week for the Valentines day celebrations.

Herr Rommel

One would be surprised if it weren't a factor, I don't know too many rational human beings who wave knives or machetes around but perhaps you do?
People who follow the backwards teachings of a child rapist that is who.

Skypeme

Perhaps. Just back from Paris and soldiers are very evident at all busy tourist spots.
Not just Paris, they are patrolling streets to the furthest reaches of the great Republic of France. Strasbourg, for example reminded me of the wee North in the latter decades of the 20th Century, with heavily armed patrols along the main streets, outside the cathedral, churches, shopping malls, railway stations etc. etc.

Looks like bribing the Turks and now the Libyans may stem the flows, but we still need to deal with the trafficking industry inside Europe.

pierrepoint

Has the attacker sent his CV into Starbucks yet?

Ellen Ripley

Paris is not in lock down
Totally hysteria by predictable crew here over a relatively minor (thankfully) incident.
Good news, then; I wasn't sensationalising the incident, just quoting early radio reports.

locke

I would presume terrorist-inspired rather than organized terrorism. Actual terrorists tend to have a bit more of a plan than running at a heavily armed soldier with a knife.

mossyman

US House scraps rule on gun background checks

Anyone (even the biggest Trump lickspittle) suggest that the above will lead to less deaths of American citizens this year than Muslim attacks?
If this passes in the Senate then in some US States a person who is certifiably insane, just out of hospital, will be able to walk into a store and buy a Kalashnikov and a pint of milk. What's the problem?

Herr Rommel

I would presume terrorist-inspired rather than organized terrorism. Actual terrorists tend to have a bit more of a plan than running at a heavily armed soldier with a knife.
I won't cry any tears for him.

The_SR

The so called God of Islam Allah does not exist.
It is a thoroughly 100% false God in every possible meaning of the word false

The people who worship the false god of Allah are utterly deceived.

The mayhem,turmoil, horror, murder , bloodshed now occurring in the world of Islam just demonstrates this.
As opposed to the bearded rapist sky fairy who is his own son whose flesh we cannibalisticaly eat to help telepathically speak to him so a bit of our bodies we can't find goes to somwhere in space instead of somewhere underground when we die?

You are all mental.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies